South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Ok fellas. How about OSW tomorrow? (great weather!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 PM

Re: Ok fellas. How about OSW tomorrow? (great weather!)

School til 9... so can't go...

Steve
Old 01-19-2005, 08:40 AM

Hey guy's, never been before but I thought I would take a ride out there tonight. Anything I should know or just show up and have fun? Only had the car for about a year and have been wanting to give it a try.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by 1stz28
Hey guy's, never been before but I thought I would take a ride out there tonight. Anything I should know or just show up and have fun? Only had the car for about a year and have been wanting to give it a try.
Show up early before it gets too crowded...on your first run, you'll probably want to go about 75% just to get a good feel of where things are on the track...like the traps and turn around spots. And when launching at speedworld...LESS IS MORE!!! I think we can all attest to that. I honestly wouldn't worry about adjusting tire pressure and all that stuff too much...just don't run 50 psi or anything, lol.

I guarantee you'll have a good time tonight, but probably frurstrated as well...its the name of the game.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
-Dan

Oh yeah....DON'T DO A BURNOUT IN THE WATER BOX!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the reply...didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm not trying to break any records, just always thought it would be fun. Thanks again for the info.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:30 AM

Bring a helmet, 13.99 and quicker requires one. Some people they bother, others not. Better bring one just in case, it would suck to make a 13 second pass and be tld not to run anymore for lack of a helmet.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by S84Z28
School til 9... so can't go...

Steve
pfft not stopping me

Originally Posted by 1stz28
go early, especially when its cold. i plan on arriving at 5:30 so i can hopefully be one of the first to go on the prepped track, as they generally don't prep it much after their first prep at the beginning of the night. if you see me stop by and say hi, i'm in a RED 99 camaro SS running 2.5 60 foots , my name is scot

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Bring a helmet, 13.99 and quicker requires one. Some people they bother, others not. Better bring one just in case, it would suck to make a 13 second pass and be tld not to run anymore for lack of a helmet.
they don't care, they've told me i couldn't go again without one but i went straight back into line and ran again without them saying a word.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:45 AM

Helmets are for pansies.....

I'll be wearing one...lol.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:52 AM

I always bring mine, they usually don't say anything to me, but a few times in the past I was given a warning for not having one. I run in lanes 1 & 2, so I worry about them keeping a closer eye on me. For those unaware... lanes 1&2 is for 13.99 and faster cars. It may be me just being supersticious, but I like to run in 1&2 after the slick tired cars. I had no problem running consistent 60's last time. 2.084, 2.105, 2.089 last time, back to back to back. Those passes were on regular radial tires, no nittos or anything like that.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:57 AM

Funny thing is if they told me I had couldn't run again until I got a helmet I woudl crap myself with joy

Little things to note...

-$15 to run $10 to watch(if you bring anyone with you)
-lanes 1-2(starting from left) or faster cars, 3-6 are for street cars 7 and 8 are for motorcycles.
-bring a pen to fill out the form while you wait in line for tech
-drive around the water box, do a quick spin of the wheels to clean off a little dust not a huge smokey burnout.
-go ot the line, you will see 2 lights at the top of the tree, you need to position your car so both are on, you will see when you in. up.

Run your car, take the launch easy first time to get used to everything, jsut run it down the track past the signs. There are 2 turn around lanes, one right away, and one all the way at the end of the track, I always go to the one at the end of the track, seems like I gotta hit the brakes hard to hit the first one, I'd rather coast a little. It will take you to a return road, follow it, there is a little white shack they will print up and give you your timeslip.

After that go back into the lanes and wait for next round.

After a trip or two then start worrying about setting your car up perfectly for drag racing. Just clean it out some today and run it tonight.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:11 AM

Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it. See ya there.

Mike
Old 01-19-2005, 12:59 PM

Junk cleaned out and car is good to go... may take my tool bag out except for my usual tools I use at the track, my bag is getting pretty heavy.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:10 PM

Just got my car ready...Mike (mightymouse) and I are leaving from my house in waterford lakes at 5:00 and heading down there. Wanna get there a little early before it gets crowded. If anyone else wants to meet up here first and caravan down, just let me know.
-Dan

Oh...and my car is ABSOLUTELY FILTHY RIGHT NOW...don't give me **** about it tonight. I'll wash it tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:14 AM

How did everyone do? I called a few of my friends that went, they said it was a bit slippery.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:58 AM

I left after my 3rd run, truly disgusted...I have never seen the track so bad in my life. Needless to say, I didn't go 12.30 as I was expecting to tonight.

Although Mike is now a member of the 12 sec. club...gotta give him props for that.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:22 AM

Thanks fo' da props Dan.

1st run I left the cutout closed and spun to a 13.35 @109 getting squirrely the whole way down the track. It was scary.

2nd run I opened the cutout. Spun again, but had a good bit more top end. 13.167 @ 110.66 with a 2.21 60'.

3rd run felt just like the 2nd but ended up with a 12.98 @ 110.89 on a 2.095 60'

4th run could have been really good, but the car actually hooked, so I bogged right after the tires bit. Still ended up with a 12.95 @ 110.85 2.05 60'.

Well needless to say I'm very pleased! Its about damn time!

Quick Reply: Ok fellas. How about OSW tomorrow? (great weather!)