South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

No more fun til spring :(. But, coming home in a week! :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 08:35 PM

No more fun til spring :(. But, coming home in a week! :)

As much as I tried to deny that winter was actually coming this year we got 4 inches of snow last night. As cool as that is to a Florida kid like me I was actually bummed cause that means no more playing around in the Cobra til spring time . Sadly, it also means obsessively washing the salt off.

On the bright side though I'm coming home to Orlando in just over a week! I'll be driving around in dad's 94 Vert Z28 too .

I'll post pics of the snow when I get em developed .

Allen
Old 11-14-2004, 10:06 AM

Re: No more fun til spring :(. But, coming home in a week! :)

as a native New Englander..YES WASH THE CAR..WIPE IT DOWN EVERY DAY YOU CAN ITS ABOVE 32DEG. with detailer... AND wax it now if you get a chance!

and also spray the undercarriage as much as possible..also when its warm"er" like above 35 deg outside and go to one of those car washed that have the do it yourself bays, with the wax you can turn to and spray under there with it too..salt is a ****...I can give you directions to a car wash thats pretty good in Waltham..has all you need and is open 24/7 and from where you are about 20 min I would think..thats where I took care of my car in the winter and summer..
Old 11-14-2004, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
as a native New Englander..YES WASH THE CAR..WIPE IT DOWN EVERY DAY YOU CAN ITS ABOVE 32DEG. with detailer... AND wax it now if you get a chance!

and also spray the undercarriage as much as possible..also when its warm"er" like above 35 deg outside and go to one of those car washed that have the do it yourself bays, with the wax you can turn to and spray under there with it too..salt is a ****...I can give you directions to a car wash thats pretty good in Waltham..has all you need and is open 24/7 and from where you are about 20 min I would think..thats where I took care of my car in the winter and summer..
YES! PLEASE let me know about the car wash place. Waltham is only two towns over . I gave up on waxing it myself for now due to the weather and me not having access to a garage at the moment so I took it to Scrub A Dub in Woburn and had them wax it this morning. Although, I noticed when I picked up the car that there was a nasty crack in the paint on the spoiler as if somebody leaned on the tip. I can't believe that I would miss a crack like that as I've been obsessively taking care of the exterior and interior since I bought it and should have noticed it by now since I've been washing it at least once a week. I'm going to call the previouse owner today to see if he knows about the crack. I filled out paperwork at scrubadub but who knows if anything will be done about it . I don't care if I have to sneak into someone's garage, I'm never allowing anyone else to wax my car again!

Thanks for the advice! This snow/salt thing is kinda new to me since this is only my second winter up here.

Allen

PS- Throw me an email next time you're in the area.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:24 PM

Allen,

the car wash I went to up there was enclosed on 3 sides in each bay so it protects you some from the elements to at least get the car clean..either by washing it or by detaling it. also has the hot wax too..and they I think heat the water up in the winter too...?? but that might be just to keep the lines from freezing..
Ill give you the best possible directions right on here so that you dont have to find them in an email or anything.

Directions:From HAFB go south on I95/rt 128 to Waltham...you will see an exit for Trapelo Road take that exit.. there will be a sign for Belmont left and lincoln right...go left to Belmont on Trapelo Road you will pass over the highway and come to a stoplight, there is a church and a gas station and a retirement home at that light.
go straight through the light, you will go up a hill and over it, a playground will be on your right. keep going. you will hit another set of lights stay to your right! at this intersection. You will see a mobile gas station a Shell and a service station.
Go right this is Lexington Street..Stay in the left lane though the whole time...you will be going down this road till you hit the car wash.. you will see a Dunkin Donughts on your right in the Wal Lex shopping plaza, with a light in that plaza area. go through it...and a huge CVS Staples on your right as you come up to the next light thats Lexington and Lake St...keep going straight. you will pass by two more sets of lights that are near the H.S. on your left. You will also pass by the Stigmatines religious place..whatever it is..but you will see it its a huge open feild area on your right..and you will come up on a fork in the road traffic light..bear left to stay on Lexington st.
you will hit one more light after that go through it.( it turns into a one lane road so before you hit that light get in the right lane the left lane is turning lane)
after that light, now start looking for the place..it will be on your left..you will see a Storage facility on your right, and then a Blockbuster Video on your left and a firestone oposite of that on the right..right there is where the place is it should say CAR WASH the entrance is right after the Blockbuster video store and before the dominos. its tucked in back. If you go past the Fire Station you went to far. go back..

Hope that helps..and if anything just go into Blockbuster and as where the car was place is. But you should see it.

and I will be up in Dec. around the 15 or so w/ my fiance..alot of family and friends to see..but they are having a Holiday party..and for what I know it is cool if you want to go..but will keep in touch. later!

Last edited by Caps94ZODG; 11-17-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:48 AM

Thanks! I'll check it out this weekend.