South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

No A/C Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 08:59 PM

No A/C Sucks!

i was on my way to my second 5 hour shift today for work, around 2:45, and i had my a/c on full blast b/c it was hot as a ****. i started to notice that i was still hot and it was blowing hot air. i was like wtf!? so i turn it off and crack the window open. after i get off i-4 and get onto i-drive, i'm at a light and i think i hear an airplane flying over me. as i start moving i notice it's still there and it's coming from my engine.

i get into the hotel parking lot and it's getting really loud. i park the car and pop the hood, i can see a little bit of fluid has sprayed on the engine, strut bar, and alternator. i check the hoses and can't find the source so i go inside b/c i have to clock in.

after i got off tonight i check everything again and it's still making a loud noise from the pullies. i keep my a/c turned off and turn on my fan switch to help keep temps down incase it was something else. my temp stayed down the whole drive home so i now its an a/c problem. the noise also started to go away b/c i think it had fluid on it and it dried up.

so instead of going to sea world after work i gotta go to a couple places in orlando to get my a/c checked out and find out whats wrong. my dad has a good freind who is a mechanic who is going to get get me the parts i need for dealer cost and fix it for me. i'm going home next thurs or fri, but it sucks i gotta go without a/c for a week.

i was planning on taking my car to 2 places i found in the yellow pages, but does anyone know off hand of any good, trustworthy mechanics that could tell me whats wrong? thanks.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:21 PM

i work for Goodyear, any store right now with the Gemini name attached to it should be running A/C Performance Tests for $29.95. pretty good deal, (1/2 off) and they tell ya what's wrong with your car, not just a mom and pop kinda check that says, "yup, there's a leak somewhere."

Check it out if ya can. You may have to drop your car off, or wait awhile, since it's a pretty involved job.

Hope this helps ya.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:30 PM

do you work here in orlando? if so which shop? i'm going to call the places i found in the phone book tomorrow and hopefully find a place that does a free quote, if not i think $29.95 is actually a good deal to check it out. i'm hoping it's just a hose that needs replaced or something.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:55 AM

Is it stock?

My system went out aroeund 8p0k but my dad used it everywhere, actually recently I think my fan has been going out but luckily of the AC system thaqt is the "cheap" part, and pretty much the only part i can replace.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:04 AM

yeah it's still stock. i just hit 80K miles a couple days ago. hmmmm, maybe it's a 3.4L thing @ 80K.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:15 AM

i have no ac in my trans am ....if i turn on the ac it makes the worst noise ......i think its the compressor it comes on ....my car is a 1995 the ac went out about 3 months after i got it ...now my 1994 3.4 camaro had cold ac at 151,000 miles never had to fix it ....
Old 06-27-2003, 06:56 AM

i work in Jacksonville, sorry. otherwise i'd hook you up.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:12 PM

i got my A/C fixed! i went to express auto and alafaya, just past ucf and got an estimate for $999+tax. i called my dad and told him the list of parts and he ordered them and i came down to sarasota and got it fixed for about $700 from a mechanic we know on the side. we actually got more parts than the place told me i needed, and i got them for cost. it's so nice having A/C again. i went a week w/o and it sucked bad!

i also bought a window motor today and my dad and i are going to put it in sometime while i'm down. it's nice coming home for a week and get my car all fixed up again.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:21 PM

man no a/c isn't anything. i haven't had it working in my car for 3 almost 4 years, i even took it out of the car
Old 07-05-2003, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by IROCBeerBeer
man no a/c isn't anything. i haven't had it working in my car for 3 almost 4 years, i even took it out of the car
dude you're nuts. do you roll down your windows though? i was only able to crack mine a lil bit b/c i'm scared they won't go back up. driving for 30 min at 1pm and 3pm on I4 was horrible. they was one day where it was pouring and mt windows fogged up, luckily it was bumper to bumper traffic and i had a beach towel to wipe the windows.