South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

new mustangs look like white v6's, but really unmarked cop cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Banned

new mustangs look like white v6's, but really unmarked cop cars

just saw it on the news, unmarked white new bodystyle mustangs, looked like V6's from the front (no extra headlights).
Old 03-09-2005, 05:56 AM

Re: new mustangs look like white v6's, but really unmarked cop cars

Unmarked cars are getting out of hand. In the last 30 days I have seen plain jane Ford F-150 extended cab pickups, Dodge intrepids, the usual Crown Vics, Jeep Cherokees, Trailblazers, Etc. It's geting to the point that they don't stick out like the unmarked cars of past. It's really screwy to be in traffic, get passed by a plain pickup and watch as the pickup slides in behind someone ahead of you then the lights go on. This all really bites. It is my opinion that all patrol cars should be clearly marked so that the general public can identify them when in need of assistance.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Joe 97RA
... when in need of assistance.

...or avoidance
Old 03-09-2005, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Joe 97RA
It is my opinion that all patrol cars should be clearly marked so that the general public can identify them when in need of assistance.

Name the last time a cop has ever helped you?
"to protect and serve"

They forgotten the later part. I have not seen a police officer in the past 5 years ever help anyone. never pull over to help people with busted tire or car problems. Im sure there are some people in the wolrd that can name a good cop they personally know, hell i can. But lets face it, 99.9% of them are corrupt, lifeless people with no respect for humans or the good of people

Edit: I will add in there i have not got a ticket or any violation in the past 3 years, so im not saying this just cuz im mad at them over something i did.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by camarossguy2
Name the last time a cop has ever helped you?
"to protect and serve"

They forgotten the later part. I have not seen a police officer in the past 5 years ever help anyone. never pull over to help people with busted tire or car problems. Im sure there are some people in the wolrd that can name a good cop they personally know, hell i can. But lets face it, 99.9% of them are corrupt, lifeless people with no respect for humans or the good of people
That comment is stupid... What data do you have to back up the claim that 99.9% of cops are corrupt?

As for the unmakred cars, good for them. One more way to catch people breaking the law...
Old 03-09-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by audiopro
As for the unmakred cars, good for them. One more way to catch people breaking the law...
But if the cop car was marked then it could stop the crime from ever happening.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by My93Z
But if the cop car was marked then it could stop the crime from ever happening.
if the person committing the crime didn't commit it, then there would be no need for cops in the first place

Old 03-09-2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by anasazi
if the person committing the crime didn't commit it, then there would be no need for cops in the first place

We will always have crime in our society, its a part of it. Using a marked car it will help deter some crime.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:31 PM

The use of unmarked cars will not detur anything all it does is make it possiable to bring in more revanew for the cops.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by '94 Bad A Z28
The use of unmarked cars will not detur anything all it does is make it possiable to bring in more revanew for the cops.
Exactly
Old 03-09-2005, 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=camarossguy2]Name the last time a cop has ever helped you?
"to protect and serve"

Normally I just read most of peoples opinions about cops on here but this one I felt like I needed to reply to. Not sure what you think we spend our time doing but I encourage you to do a ride along with a cop so you can see what really goes on out there. Hell you can even ride with me, but I can assure you I'm not wrenching on someone's car on the side of I-4 if they are broken down. Thats what road rangers, tow truck drivers, and AAA are for. Sure there are corrupt cops out there. There are corrupt people in all professions. As far as lifeless people with no respect for humans or the good of people, thats a stretch. Just my .02. Email if your interested in that ride along. Kumar
Old 03-09-2005, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by camarossguy2
I have not seen a police officer in the past 5 years ever help anyone.
A while ago when I was on 417 there was a B4C about a mile ahead of me and I watched him pull over to assist an elderly couple with their car that overheated.

Being a police officer is probably one of the toughest jobs (both mentally and physically) in the world. They're not just out there to pull you over.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:52 PM

i've seen cops on the side of the road helping people every now and then. one time when my car broke down at a light, a trooper helped me get the car off the road.

i think in a way its good they have so many unmarked cars. if you know they are out there, but can't tell which ones they are, it should make you drive a little slower. i use to speed all the time (about 15mph over) now i go about 5mph over most of the time. i guess i've just grown up and don't need to speed to get somewhere 5 min quicker.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:19 AM

Daytona Beach has tons of both, I see marked cars all the time and unmarked just as much.....

I say good for them, the P71s and 9C1s are to easy to spot even when unmarked.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:58 PM

Well, i will retract some of that comment and revise it to comment of jyust daytona beach cops for now. This is due to i have not had to deal with many of the other florida cities to make an acurite description of there work.

I am not trying to exagerate this at all. In daytona beach, almost everyday you will see something a officer will do that just gets you so upset. from little things like smoking in there cars or speeding just 5-10mph over on patrol to running lights with no observed reason then litterally seeing them pull into a coffe shop with some buddys minute later. I realize they have duties that require them to speed or run red light, but i would put money of them regularly doing it for no reason as well. When i say "corrupt" i dont mean that they are all invloved with drugs money etc... i just mean there not setting a good example for others when there wearing the badge.
Every day i work i go to lunch with a group of guys including a officer(great guy BTW). he occassionally brings other officers in with him. After i leave its ushally ends up in a discussion with my co-workers about how disgusting, rude, depressing those officers were and they even bring up stories of things they did that **** me off that a cop would do.

Another example is my home town of Garden Ridge TX. Its a town of about 2000 upper class and upper middle class white homes, lots of older people. its away from the city and very quiet. in or police blotter the worst thing will be "a house was tolette papered last thursday..."
Well, we have 4 marked Crown vics, 2 unmarked, 1 mustang unmarked. They have pulled me over 2 times for no front plate(i had no plate for 4 years...guess they just noticed after 4 years. not to mention the guy down the street with 4 ferraris never got pulled over for no plates up front) my brother got pulled over on a bike (a bicycle with pedals and all) when he was 14 for not coming to a complete stop at a sign . Main thing i am upset of them, is we have the trickiest, most confusing speed limit sign setup, designed just to get people to unintensionally speed. At anyone time there will be 2 or 3 cars out, and you will always see at least 1 person pulled over. the fines are also rediculously high.
Tell me, does a peacefully town really need 7 cars? there not keeping people honest and safe driving speeds, there tricking them into speeding just to fine them. thats wrong in my opinion.

On the other had, i wish i had a cop with me to pull over the people who really needed to be pulled over. these idots in civics and stangs zigzaging through traffic and passing in shoulders. i swear they never get pulled over. but god forbid my licence plate is dirty!(i will show you a ticket with that as the violation)

Just my .02

Kumar 98Z, i might take you up on that ride.

sorry for spelling errors

Quick Reply: new mustangs look like white v6's, but really unmarked cop cars