South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Kenney Wrecked his Camaro in Jacksonville last night!!! Parting out?? Maybe???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 10:16 AM

Kenney Wrecked his Camaro in Jacksonville last night!!! Parting out?? Maybe???

WE ARE NOT PARTING IT OUT ANYMORE__at least for now.

Well my buddy Kenney and another friend were driving to Jacksonville last night on the way to New Years partying when just south of Jax they hit a patch of water on 95 and lost control. I have not seen the car yet but it is supposed to be pretty bad. They are trailering it home today to Deltona. He told me on the phone that he will probably have to part it out. Unfortunately it is a base V6.

Last edited by mnypitTA; 01-02-2003 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:53 AM

What year car is it? I need a console with a good lid for my 95 Z28. Also... what color is the interior? and how are the seats? My buddy needs a set.

Steve
Old 01-01-2003, 11:00 AM

The car is a 95 and the interior is that normal basic grey/black in all other Camaros and it is in great shape. I think his console is nice. The car is not back from Jacksonville yet so I have not had a chance to look. I will have more difinates later.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Banned

the spring on my drivers side windshield wiper is not holding the thing to the windshield anymore...

did his drivers side wiper arm survive the crash? i honestly have no idea if its a servicable part or if you gotta replace the whole arm.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:45 PM

is it a 5-speed? also most likely a 3.4L, is it one?

how many miles on the motor. Any chance he upgraded to a stock z28 suspension or is the suspension stock?

What kind of rims were on the car and are they all good and what kind of rubber do they have on them?

If it is a 50speed can I have hte entire pastic piece that is around the shifter, uncluding the ashtray assuming its all in good shape.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:42 AM

Exclamation

Would this be the same Kenney I met the first night I was at your place? Since you haven't elaborated much, I presume there weren't any serious injuries??
Old 01-02-2003, 02:06 AM

also as you know I am interested in the torque arm....

jsut warnign you its a bitch on 4th gen v6s to get off, if he still has his stock 2 piece driveshaft.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:56 AM

We have decided to try to fix the car.

Jim--Yes it is the same guy. What are you doing with your old front lower control arms? and do you have any other old front right suspension parts? I am not sure if they will hit his but it is worth asking.

YES, luckily no-one was hurt. Most of the damage was down low and luckily they hit the wall sideways at an angle and not dead on. The damage is pretty bad but I think it can be fixed reasonably. We have never welded body panels on but there is a first time for everything I guess.
Old 01-02-2003, 01:28 PM

I am replacing the upper A-arms (speaking of which, I wonder WTF they are!), not the lowers. I may replace the bushings in the lowers with poly, but don't see a need to replace the lowers at this time.

I've got a stock 30mm front sway bar with matching endlinks & U-clamp/bushing, and front shocks after we take them off. That's about it for spare front suspension stuff.

Glad to hear everyone's OK!