South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

I will be on vacation in Orlando late next week. Anyone wanna meet up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:52 AM

Re: I will be on vacation in Orlando late next week. Anyone wanna meet up?

Hey, you should at least get a SPEED PASS... that is what you get for free for staying at a Universal Hotel. It is worth the money!! Cuts down on the wait time.

And of Course you have HORROR NIIGHTS going on now also. I went on a Thursday night and the LINES were out of control. Still had Fun Though.

I hang out at Universal all the TIME. I AM KIND-OF-A-SUPER-REGULAR... alot of people know me by first name. I like that. so if you need any tips let me know. I am at City Walk/Universal about 3-4 times a month.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: I will be on vacation in Orlando late next week. Anyone wanna meet up?

Originally Posted by S. Holley
Hey, you should at least get a SPEED PASS... that is what you get for free for staying at a Universal Hotel. It is worth the money!! Cuts down on the wait time.
We probably will, unless the lines are short. It wasn't much better of a deal to get the Speed Pass with our little vacation package, so we will just get them there if we have to.

I cannot wait until my 10 year old goes on the Spider Man ride with me. He is going to love it.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by S. Holley
And of Course you have HORROR NIIGHTS going on now also. I went on a Thursday night and the LINES were out of control. Still had Fun Though.

I hang out at Universal all the TIME. I AM KIND-OF-A-SUPER-REGULAR... alot of people know me by first name. I like that. so if you need any tips let me know. I am at City Walk/Universal about 3-4 times a month.
I was probably there on that Thursday night. My gf is doing the make-up for HHN, and I usually hit the park with her and her friends after her shift. I don't think I'll ever be able to go again and have to stand in the regular lines.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by StngStlkr
I was probably there on that Thursday night. My gf is doing the make-up for HHN, and I usually hit the park with her and her friends after her shift. I don't think I'll ever be able to go again and have to stand in the regular lines.
YEAH... I should have gotten the pass. I know for next time.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Okay, we are flying out early tomorrow. Like I said, I will be having a few drinks at TGIFriday's at the hotel around 9pm Friday night. Hope to be able to meet up with some of you, shake a few hands and all.

I should be able to post here sometime Friday at least one more time.

If anyone can definitely make it, please post here so I know.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
Hey Bud!

One thing I would STRONGLY suggest for you... stay at one of the hotels AT Universal. It might be a little bit more but the benefits of doing this are HUGE. I don't know all of them but just some of them are... First in line at any of the rides (saves a ton of time and the family and you will have way more time to do other things which means more fun!), when you buy something at the gift store you just ask them to take it to your room for you and you don't have to lug it around all day, you can go in the morning, go back to the hotel and hang out at the pool for a bit and then when the family is rested back up you can walk back to the park and have some more fun. When you get done at CityWalk (you gotta go there if you are at Universal!) you can walk back to your room and not have to worry about driving in the mess of traffic!

There is probably a lot more but that'll give you an idea. I can say from local friends who go there with their family that every one of them has said, once they do this, it is the only way to go! Like I mentioned, will probably be more expensive than a Holiday Inn but for people I know they say it is well with it.
brent is exactly right my family and i stayed at portofino bay well worth it, you take boats to universal,city walk etc... and use your room key for express rides. iam telling you, anytime i go to universal i will only stay at their 3 hotels trust me you will love it. take care.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:34 AM

Damn, I can't believe I almost missed this! That's what I get for not checking the FL board much anymore. I will try to be there tomorrow nightat 9pm, gotta check with the wife first. this is cool because I'll finally get to meet Brian at the same time(StngStlkr) as we've been meaning to meet up forever.

And yeah, the Holiday Inn off Kirkman is the one with the Friday's attached. It's really easy to get to, just get off I-4 on Kirkman(I forget which direction, I'll look it up today) and it's right there on the right across from the entrance to Universal.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:51 AM

I'm planning on being there. It will be nice to finally put a face with a SN when I meet Mike.

If you're heading west on I-4 you will take the exit for Kirkman Rd. north. I believe the exit number is 75B.

Hope to see some of the other FL CZ28'ers there.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Camride
Damn, I can't believe I almost missed this! That's what I get for not checking the FL board much anymore. I will try to be there tomorrow nightat 9pm, gotta check with the wife first. this is cool because I'll finally get to meet Brian at the same time(StngStlkr) as we've been meaning to meet up forever.

And yeah, the Holiday Inn off Kirkman is the one with the Friday's attached. It's really easy to get to, just get off I-4 on Kirkman(I forget which direction, I'll look it up today) and it's right there on the right across from the entrance to Universal.

CAMRIDE...

Whats up Man?

I haven't seen you on the forum for a while. But not to many people are on the FLorida Board anymore. You going to head out there Friday? Hell I may cruise down if the weather in nice and the wifey lets me out. LOL

I don't see the HONDA on your X-car list? still have it?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:22 PM

Nope, I just put the performance vehicles on the X car list since it started to get kinda long. My friend does still have it though, it's been a great car for him. I think he's almost up to 200k on it(he drives alot).

Old 10-27-2006, 07:06 AM

Well, I got the go ahead from the wife so I'll be there tonight. Where are you guys planning on sitting, at the bar? I'm just trying to figure out how to find everyone since I've never meet most of you.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

This should be cool.

I will be sitting at the bar, I'll try to sit near the corner of the bar that is closest to the door. I will be wearing tan shorts and a white polo style shirt with burgundy cuffs and collar. It has the CamaroZ28.Com logo embroidered in the left pocket area.

Sounds kind of like a blind date....ewww...

So anyway, 9pm. Post on other boards for the area if anyone gives a crap and might not see this post here.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:20 AM

Fridays is just down the street from me. But i might be at old town at 9 for there cruise in.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by 2001somws6
Fridays is just down the street from me. But i might be at old town at 9 for there cruise in.
Just to let ya know the "Monsters in the Morning" are having their Monsterween show at Old Town tonight. I don't know if there will be any car related activities scheduled because of that.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:27 AM

Thanks i'll give them a call before i go then.

Quick Reply: I will be on vacation in Orlando late next week. Anyone wanna meet up?