South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

get ready for the price of everything to go up starting may 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Re: get ready for the price of everything to go up starting may 2

Don't blame me. I voted against the increase of minimum wage last November. Lotta good it did.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:20 PM

You guys think movies theatres are expensive?

~130-140 floor staff employees.

I'd say 80 of them made 5.50
20-30 made 5.75ish
20-30 make 6-6.25ish...

now they all make $6.25, paperwork gone through last week.

Its cool though, we accept all major credit cards, and every theatre has a ATM machine inside(for a fee) if you don't have a credit card and need cash.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by SFB767
If you have a Bachelor's Degree and you're making a marginal amount over the min. wage, who's problem is that?
Working on the Bachelors. I only have my A.A. at the moment.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by MustangEater82
You guys think movies theatres are expensive?

~130-140 floor staff employees.

I'd say 80 of them made 5.50
20-30 made 5.75ish
20-30 make 6-6.25ish...

now they all make $6.25, paperwork gone through last week.

Its cool though, we accept all major credit cards, and every theatre has a ATM machine inside(for a fee) if you don't have a credit card and need cash.
How do you know so much about theater employee #s and pay? 130-140 is a bit high tho, the Regal in Waterford lakes peaked right at 100 after a massive hiring spree...that was over a year ago, back when i worked for em...

Also with that amount of employees, almost all of em are workin 1-2 shifts a week at most, the supervisors, being 5-6 or so they work 4-5 shifts and make the money, usually round 6.75, before the raise of course. So its the theaters fault they always go so far over payroll and then get bitched at by corporate...They dont care bout the employees, at most I could see em using the high employee #s as an excuse to bump prices up a bit.

Last edited by wrastler; 05-10-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by wrastler
How do you know so much about theater employee #s and pay? 130-140 is a bit high tho, the Regal in Waterford lakes peaked right at 100 after a massive hiring spree...that was over a year ago, back when i worked for em...
You 2 should know eachother then.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:19 AM

I knew an Eric at Waterford, he was my supervisor for a while, I think hes a manager now...but I dont recall him ownin any Camaros.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:47 AM

I knew an Eric at Waterford, he was my supervisor for a while, I think hes a manager now...but I dont recall him ownin any Camaros.
hehe well you were wrong I have had one camaro or another since I was 15, I'm 23. Back then I had a 94 quaser blue camaro.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...505_2_full.jpg

I am a manager, been for awhile. I wish I made $6.75 when I was a supervisor, I only made $6.00, then I got a raise to $6.15, 2 weeks after I got that promoted to a manager(when my girlfriend finally quit)

Back in the day they woudl only have 3-4 people work during the day. Now we have 5-6, night shifts I think have like 6-7 during the week. Weekends are more too but I don't know the exact numbers since I don't schedule, but alot, and more managers per shift(because they really need that )

I admit TONS OF inefficiencecys in the company... We get bitched at weekly from our corporate office about high payroll.

Luckily I deal with mainly in anything and everything to do with the building. And only a few normal manager shifts. Before we just hired our 85 people for the summer, I probably only new the names of half the staff. And now I have no clue who anyone is.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:30 PM

hehe well you were wrong I have had one camaro or another since I was 15, I'm 23. Back then I had a 94 quaser blue camaro.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...505_2_full.jpg

I am a manager, been for awhile. I wish I made $6.75 when I was a supervisor, I only made $6.00, then I got a raise to $6.15, 2 weeks after I got that promoted to a manager(when my girlfriend finally quit)

Back in the day they woudl only have 3-4 people work during the day. Now we have 5-6, night shifts I think have like 6-7 during the week. Weekends are more too but I don't know the exact numbers since I don't schedule, but alot, and more managers per shift(because they really need that )

I admit TONS OF inefficiencecys in the company... We get bitched at weekly from our corporate office about high payroll.

Luckily I deal with mainly in anything and everything to do with the building. And only a few normal manager shifts. Before we just hired our 85 people for the summer, I probably only new the names of half the staff. And now I have no clue who anyone is.
HAHAHAHA I REMEMBER YOU NOW!!! I was thinkin of Eric U. Then it clicked! I remember givin you **** once cause I was obsessed with stangs back then and never considered buyin a Camaro! I used to be buddies with Mike (manager and band geek ) and loved kickin ppl out, got me in trouble a few times tho I had to quit...too many ppl were gettin hired and *******s were gettin promoted to supervisor...way too much bs there...I missed the good ole days when there was just barely enough of us to get the job done, everyone knew everyone elses names, and there were plenty of shifts to go around. -Bryan H.

Last edited by wrastler; 05-16-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:03 PM

HAHAHAHA I REMEMBER YOU NOW!!! I was thinkin of Eric U. Then it clicked! I remember givin you **** once cause I was obsessed with stangs back then and never considered buyin a Camaro! I used to be buddies with Mike (manager and band geek ) and loved kickin ppl out, got me in trouble a few times tho I had to quit...too many ppl were gettin hired and *******s were gettin promoted to supervisor...way too much bs there...I missed the good ole days when there was just barely enough of us to get the job done, everyone knew everyone elses names, and there were plenty of shifts to go around. -Bryan H.

hehe Eric U is a manager now... he is fun to pick on. Mike left ahwhile ago.

Yeah there were alot of idiots promoted that definitley should not have been but I expressed my opinions on it and was shot down because people were friends with people who had the final say...

But ehh all thos people for the most part are gone. Well one guy is coming back but he is still a supervisor.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:23 PM

hehe Eric U is a manager now... he is fun to pick on. Mike left ahwhile ago.

Yeah there were alot of idiots promoted that definitley should not have been but I expressed my opinions on it and was shot down because people were friends with people who had the final say...

But ehh all thos people for the most part are gone. Well one guy is coming back but he is still a supervisor.
Dont tell me that one guy is Keith in the usher group...if you remember me, you should remember my openly expressed opinion of him.

But yea, how are things goin, and you know any good meets around here?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:16 PM

Dont tell me that one guy is Keith in the usher group...if you remember me, you should remember my openly expressed opinion of him.

But yea, how are things goin, and you know any good meets around here?
yeah its keith he goes to UF and comes back... I hate that little ****er, he annoys the **** out of me, he was a little kiss ***, but I am not really allowed to "express" my opinions of employees.

Things are ok... meets I usually go to are on wed nights, there is a big ricer meet at the UC7 plaza across the street form UCF, there was a group of people trying to get a UCF car club together but it never materialized. We still meet up, usually 4-5 f-body guys that go to ucf, then there are other f-body guys around.

We used to have a thing on tuesday nights at sonics but they stopped during the hurricanes we are trying to get those up and going.

As for weekend stuff I never really got into them since well I work at the theatre and had to work most weekends since I have been in orlando.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Banned

i'm thinking i might go ahead and attempt to start up the ucf car club again, still debating.

what i really wanna do is get permission to meet in the parking garage so the UCF cops can have fun arresting the idiots that tresspass on school property. did you know that technically you can get expelled for doing doughnuts or standing burnouts on school property?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by anasazi
i'm thinking i might go ahead and attempt to start up the ucf car club again, still debating.

what i really wanna do is get permission to meet in the parking garage so the UCF cops can have fun arresting the idiots that tresspass on school property. did you know that technically you can get expelled for doing doughnuts or standing burnouts on school property?
Really? oops...

Seriously we should, I'd rather meet on campus. Its cool if we still go to the ricer meet too but ehh... that crap gets old and gay real quick.

Wanna go f-body? or Muscle carish, or anything and everything?

There are waaaaaaaaaay to many modded cars on campus to not have a club.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by anasazi

I'd help a car club anyway I could...that'd be so badass now that I got a decent car!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Banned

well the taco bell up the road from my house raised their prices quite a bit, the meal deal i normally get went up by $2.

thank you florida votors!

on a side note, no more taco bell for me, its not worth a $2 increase for that "food".

Quick Reply: get ready for the price of everything to go up starting may 2