South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

FHP Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 12:57 PM

Post FHP Camaros

I keep hearing these FHP LS1 Camaros are supercharged, 200+ mph top speed, etc, etc. I believe it's a bunch of BS... but does anyone know (NOT RUMORS, NOT HEARSAY) for sure what the specs are?

I mean I've heard everything from nitrous, to superchargers... Even heard they can do a quarter mile in 12.1 seconds and still do 208 mph... I don't believe any of it, but maybe one of you guys knows more...

------------------
Doug R - DB Speed Racing & Daytona F-Body Club -
Black 93 Z28 A4 - R.I.P. wrecked.
Best time ET: 12.96@104.90 (1.81 60')
The show car to be:
Black 94 Caprice 9C1 - hydraulic suspension (2 pumps, 4 dumps), shaved hood emblem, body side molding delete, blacked out stock grille, !emblems, '91 smooth taillights, Aiwa MP3.
Mods to come: Bonneville leather seats, shaved door handles/locks/trunk key, 17x8" wheels (or 13x7" wire wheels - undecided), custom exhaust, Caprice SS emblems, 95-style slant rear windows.
"I can hit a switch and make the azz drop.."
Old 07-20-2002, 01:07 PM

They are stock motored, but with chassis upgrades.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:08 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaytonaFBody:
I keep hearing these FHP LS1 Camaros are supercharged, 200+ mph top speed, etc, etc. I believe it's a bunch of BS... but does anyone know (NOT RUMORS, NOT HEARSAY) for sure what the specs are?

I mean I've heard everything from nitrous, to superchargers... Even heard they can do a quarter mile in 12.1 seconds and still do 208 mph... I don't believe any of it, but maybe one of you guys knows more...

</font>
The FHP Camaros are LS1 equipped Z28's. The only difference between a "normal" Z28 and the FHP ones is that the FHP Camaros are equipped with the B4C package. This is a law enforcement package that has a bigger alternator to power the extra accesories that are the norm for a law enforcement vehicle such as radios, lights, extra electronic equipment, etc. This is the ONLY difference. I'm not sure about chassis upgrades although it might be possible since I know the Impalas that were used by law enforcement had a beefed up suspension to handle the extra abuse a law enforcement car goes through day to day.

[This message has been edited by VetteThreat (edited July 20, 2002).]
Old 07-20-2002, 01:41 PM

I could probably walk away from one...I don't plan on trying it though, LOL...I hear they are mostly stock...I see them all the time...If I ever get pulled over by one I will be sure to ask, LOL.

------------------
Keith '00 "Heritage" SS
My LS1
Email: SweetSS@cfl.rr.com
CFFB#127
Mods:
SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Lou's Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Lid, K&N Air Filter, !EGR, !FRA, Custom STB, OEM Z06 Rims, Intrax 2" drop, billet grille, LS1 Hot Cam, GFX, WW 98+ SS Spoiler, Ultra Z hood
House of Kolor Sunrise Pearl stripes...
Old 07-20-2002, 03:18 PM

Okay good... I'm not planning on running from them but I needed the peace of mind knowing that *I'm* not the moron...

Thanks

------------------
The show car to be:
Black 94 Caprice 9C1 - hydraulic suspension (2 pumps, 4 dumps), shaved hood emblem, body side molding delete, blacked out stock grille, !emblems, '91 smooth taillights, Aiwa MP3.
Mods to come: Bonneville leather seats, shaved door handles/locks/trunk key, 17x8" wheels (or 13x7" wire wheels - undecided), custom exhaust, Caprice SS emblems, 95-style slant rear windows.
Old 07-20-2002, 04:22 PM

Where the hell did you hear that? Would be pretty cool to pick one up at auction after it was retired if that was true however

I'll take a look under the hood of my buddy's FHP 'Maro to confirm what I've always read/heard. N/A with better suspension/chassis and a bigger alternator.

------------------
1994 Z28
Quench my thirst with gasoline.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:37 PM

I heard that from friends of friends of friends. You know how that goes. Someone starts a rumor and before you know it, it's become the "FHP Camaro Urban Legend"

------------------
The show car to be:
Old 01-11-2004, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by KISLES2000Z28
I could probably walk away from one...I don't plan on trying it though, LOL...I hear they are mostly stock...I see them all the time...If I ever get pulled over by one I will be sure to ask, LOL.

------------------
Keith '00 "Heritage" SS
My LS1
Email: SweetSS@cfl.rr.com
CFFB#127
Mods:
SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Lou's Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Lid, K&N Air Filter, !EGR, !FRA, Custom STB, OEM Z06 Rims, Intrax 2" drop, billet grille, LS1 Hot Cam, GFX, WW 98+ SS Spoiler, Ultra Z hood
House of Kolor Sunrise Pearl stripes...
You !Might! and then again you might !NOT!!
I do guarantee you won't walk away from the 2-way. If you take a chance and DON'T you will pay BIG time.
Go for it, it's your money and maybe in your state lot's of point against your license.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:47 PM

They sound stock... exhaust wise... not hte least bit lopey or anything...

I assume stock... maybe some 1Le stuff?

I have been meaning ot go down to the FHP depot and get a snap shot of a few of them in a row...

And unless you are running insane amounts of hp... I would not try to run....

They don't have to beat you... just keep you in view...

and you will not beat the radio...
Old 01-11-2004, 08:02 PM

Lightbulb

Let me repost something for you all to see.
"I could probably walk away from one...I don't plan on trying it though, LOL..." -me

I could most definately walk an FHP Camaro. I would go futher to say it would look like it was dragging an anchor. But for the second time, I don't plan on proving it. I will stick to playing with R6's and the like.

Last edited by KISLES2000Z28; 01-11-2004 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Banned

and a 2 year old post was brought up from the dead because...
Old 01-11-2004, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by anasazi
maybe to **** you off
Old 01-11-2004, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by anasazi
Someone wanted to remind me that running from the cops was a bad thing...I never knew that
Old 01-12-2004, 01:00 AM

You have to be smarter than the cop when you attempt to elude him (most cops are dumb). You'll never lose him in a straight line. Plan your escape route and have a destination nearby where you can conceal your car. Then switch cars and go back out to watch a bunch of cops bumble about, looking for you after he calls his buddies. Offer to help find the perp.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:00 AM

Originally posted by Whistler
You have to be smarter than the cop when you attempt to elude him (most cops are dumb). You'll never lose him in a straight line. Plan your escape route and have a destination nearby where you can conceal your car. Then switch cars and go back out to watch a bunch of cops bumble about, looking for you after he calls his buddies. Offer to help find the perp.
That will work but running from FHP on say lke 408... even if you are faster I still woudl not try it, its not hard to jsut keep you in view even in a stock ls1...

Quick Reply: FHP Camaros