South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Exhaust fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 05:08 PM

Question Exhaust fitment question

i've asked this on the exhaust section at camarov6.com and no one seems to reply to it so i'll ask here. everyone here is knowledgeable enough and will actually respond.

i'm thinking about getting this system over the summer. http://www.texas-speed.com/catalog/r...lercatback.jpg the problem is i want to put my b&b tips on there and i don't know it they are going to fit right. if you look at this pic http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...63_89_full.jpg my tips are longer than those oval tips so i will need to mount them farther back on the pipe. the horizontal line shows about where i will have to cut the pipe to get my tip to fit right, the vertical line shows that the pipe now is not going straight out the back. if i stick the tip on the way it is now it will come out sideways. if i mount the tip on diagnally so it comes out straight, it won't come out the right part of the rear bumper.

will an exhaust shop be able to work w/ the passenger side pipe to get my tips to fit? i'm going to take the pic to an exhaust shop before i order everything just to make sure sure it can be done b/c i'm not getting rid of my b&b tips. i remember mrr23 recommened a place nearby his shop but is there anyplace else someone could recommend nearby or very good?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:27 PM

anyone?