South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Buddy of mine got his rims stolen....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 10:18 PM

Buddy of mine got his rims stolen....

on his 88' BMW 528E...His car is now on blocks in the north parking garage @ ucf......

Are there any forums that deal with BMW rims...or any sites out there i can get a new set from...looking to upgrade of course...

But if anyone hears anything about some BMW rims let me know..

Thanks guys

Ken
Old 12-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Banned

i've seen a few cars on blocks in the past year in the parking garages... seems to be a not so uncommon occurance.

of course, no one will steal my ugly-*** salad shooters even if i begged. insurance would cover it, won't they?
Old 12-22-2002, 11:25 PM

I've been meaning to put a post up to warn UCF'ers about this for a while now. Between the last day before Thank's Giving holiday and Finals week there were 6 cars stolen out of the garage, 9 motorcycles, and "numerous break-ins to vehicles that led to stereo, interior, laptop, purse, and other personal-item thefts". I panicked one night on finals week when I forgot where I parked my car, walked into the garage I usually park in and walked up on a wrecker DRAGGING a 94 Black Z28 onto it's flat-bed. The wheels, stereo, and leather front seats had been stolen. My heart dropped at first, thinking it was mine. Luckily, I realized it wasn't before I completely panicked. I talked to the officer on the scene who said that over 8 stereos had been stolen on campus that day alone. They HAVE NOT caught the perp(s) and say that leaving your vehicle in a garage over a weekend, night, or holiday is risky if you have a high-risk insurance car. He also told me that they'd been having major problems w/ Hondas getting jacked for about 3 months.
Old 12-25-2002, 05:56 PM

Yeah.... during finals... came otu one morning and there was a mid to late 90s Accord between mine and my girlfreind's car, sitting on his own jack and spare, all 4 rims gone, taillights stolen, and stereo gone.

Don't park your car overnight on campus, mine was parked for 2 days on campus when I lost rear axle, and it got broken into all they did was yank my $180 parking pass, and chainge, thing that pissed me off was they broke my ashtray getting it, cracked the cover around my shifter. And a bunch of handpirnts, UCF police was pretty useless as usual.

Also forgot a feind of mine's roomate got his car stoeln from kinights Crossing and it was dumped in the middle of Bithlo with no rims in the middle of the street at a stop light on Colonial. Almost makes me think its a tow truck place.

By the way I think we average 2-3 car thefts, and 10 car break ins, a month at hte theater in Waterford. I get a couple pissed off people that come in and ask me to call the cops.

hehe one guy got his radio snagged.... when he parked his car, put on his blinkers, went up to see when movies were starting went back his car door was open and his radio was gone.

Actually I am pretty nervous being down here in ft. Lauderdal, and my 1st floor apartment empty in orlando, I am coming up soon though.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:18 PM

Well, I'm making a slight mod to my alarm that'll insure no-one gets my radio etc. I'm putting a 125dB siren INSIDE. I'm gonna rig it to have a 10second delay past the regular alarm so I don't accidentally blow my own eardrums out and an emergency switch to kill it hidden on the outside. If someone is sitting in my car trying to jack my radio, they aren't gonna be able to listen to it afterwards.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally posted by LT1Brutus
Well, I'm making a slight mod to my alarm that'll insure no-one gets my radio etc. I'm putting a 125dB siren INSIDE. I'm gonna rig it to have a 10second delay past the regular alarm so I don't accidentally blow my own eardrums out and an emergency switch to kill it hidden on the outside. If someone is sitting in my car trying to jack my radio, they aren't gonna be able to listen to it afterwards.
what alarm do you have? i've been thinking about it for awhile but i havn't had the money or time... and i've heard that installing an alarm in these cars is a pain in the *** be cause of the retained accessory power and the cabin computer thing (technical term). is it really that much of a pain? who installed it for you?

every once and awhile audio excellence has one of those specials where their cheap-o alarm is free just gotta pay installation. anyone know if its worth it? any good?