South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Anyone need a computer built or upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 04:08 PM

Anyone need a computer built or upgraded?

I'm trying to find a way to make a little money since I can't get a job, and since I'm pretty good with computer's I thought I'd offer my services.

If anyone is thinking about building a new computer, or upgrading your current one, but you don't know how I can help. I'm really good at putting together new systems and finding the best prices on the internet. I can order everything, build it and install any software you want and make sure everything is running perfect and deliver it to you(within a resonable distance). I'm not expecting to make a killing or anything, just a little bit to help pay for my medical bills. How much I charge wil depend on what you want, but I won't be charging by the hour or anything, just a flat reasonable rate. I can also help if you want to upgrade something on your computer but don't know how or want to find the best price(hint, it's not as Best Buy).

Post here or email me at camride@yahoo.com if anyone is interested.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 PM

find me a good flat panel/screen monitor for my DELL computer for real cheap or an alright laptop too haha

P.S. you know anything about bypassing a router to be able to use an FTP server?

cory
Old 07-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CamaroZBoy
find me a good flat panel/screen monitor for my DELL computer for real cheap or an alright laptop too haha

P.S. you know anything about bypassing a router to be able to use an FTP server?

cory

have you tried "passive" mode in your FTP client?
Old 07-18-2004, 03:46 PM

my other comp that my gf uses has been acting up lately. and she is good with figuring out what is wrong but this time she is stumped. pm me and i will tell u a lil more about what is going on.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:20 AM

Re: Anyone need a computer built or upgraded?

camride,

in the past few days i think my computer has started showing the signs of a failing hard drive

it's a 2.5yr old Gateway laptop. depending on if i can find someone to do it locally, there is a chance i could be using your services. i'd be willing to ship you the laptop.

i need to figure out a way to get some of my data off of it
Old 07-19-2004, 10:49 AM

Teke184- I can help you save the data on the HD. I can also find a new HD for you for relatively cheap and do all of the install and stuff if you want. If the hard drive is going it would probably be best to do this soon, so the HD doesn't completely die and you lose your data. If you want to ship it to me I'll do everything, order the parts and reload Windows and all that. Are you running Windows XP? Shoot me an email(camride@yahoo.com) and we'll see if we can work something out. I can guarentee you it won't be very expensive, much less so than taking it to a local computer shop.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:07 PM

Bump.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:34 PM

maybe call local small businesses.

i started a part time job, and they have an a real knucklehead doing their computers, and I have to go behind him and fix stuff.

he charges outrageous prices for parts ($89 for memory that is years old) and $25 hour for labor.

he does anti-virus updates, reloads, and makes house calls when they are running slow.

hth?
Old 07-24-2004, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by anasazi
have you tried "passive" mode in your FTP client?
Just setup your FTP server with a static IP address and put your FTP server IP in the DMZ. Or, you can simply forward the FTP port so the firewall will let anything in and out of the port.

Make a google search for the FTP port number. I don't remember right of the top of my head.