Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Moderators have to review posts?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 AM

Question Moderators have to review posts?

Whats going on here? I've been on this site for over 8 years and now there is some crap that moderators have to review posts?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Banned

Do you see this one every post, or are you mentioning certain political figures in your post when it says that? If it's the latter, then that's been happening since the run-up to the election.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

I moved this thread from the Michigan/Great Lakes forum to Site Help and Suggestions.

There are certain keywords (including names of political figures as Shock mentioned) that trigger this functionality automatically. It helps us keep posts which are against the rules under control without requiring constant moderator attention.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:48 AM

I am seeing this message a lot, and I am not messaging about poltical figures
Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BLUETOPTA
I am seeing this message a lot, and I am not messaging about poltical figures
PM me with the contents of a post that gave you that message.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Admin Emeritus

Thanks, Jake. Already PM'd.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:15 PM

If the post gets rejected will we get an email or PM?

I posted something yesterday and got this message but the thread hasn’t shown up yet. It had Mr. O’s name in it but not in poor context.

Also, I wanted to add a poll to the post but the “this thread is under review” message came up before the poll screen came up. Am I going to be able to add one once the thread is approved?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by eyeoutthere
If the post gets rejected will we get an email or PM?
You get a message on the screen after submitting the post.

I posted something yesterday and got this message but the thread hasn’t shown up yet. It had Mr. O’s name in it but not in poor context.

Also, I wanted to add a poll to the post but the “this thread is under review” message came up before the poll screen came up. Am I going to be able to add one once the thread is approved?
Unknown, try now.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:28 PM

Maybe we need to modify this.

Everytime I try to link or copy a story about pending legislation by the BO administration, I get this. Sometimes the stories just disappear.

For at least the next four years, ALL such stories will mention BO (by name), and his administration.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Maybe we need to modify this.

Everytime I try to link or copy a story about pending legislation by the BO administration, I get this. Sometimes the stories just disappear.

For at least the next four years, ALL such stories will mention BO (by name), and his administration.
This has been something we have been thinking about. The problem still exists that when it gets brought up in an non-argumentative way, such as a reference in an article, some jackass simply has to make a snide remark that spins an otherwise good topic right into a political argument that has zero to do with the original topic. This completely wastes a very good topic of conversation and makes the community quality level appear to be extremely poor by anyone who reads it. When they are moderated, as can review them and subscribe to them to keep an eye on then. We agree 100%, it is not very efficient but we have had to deal with this problem for years and the only solution other than what is in place is to just remove all uses who cause the problems. Perhaps that is a better solution after all?
Old 02-28-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
This completely wastes a very good topic of conversation and makes the community quality level appear to be extremely poor by anyone who reads it.
And threads about pubic shaving and drilldo's don't give visitors that opinion? Its laughable to even try and pass off the Lounge forum as being some sort of admirable standard of decency and civility. I've always been intrigued by the established "standards" around round here. God and Public Policy = BAD! Vibrators, softcore ****, s**t and p**s stories = GOOD!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by irocbsa
And threads about pubic shaving and drilldo's don't give visitors that opinion? Its laughable to even try and pass off the Lounge forum as being some sort of admirable standard of decency and civility. I've always been intrigued by the established "standards" around round here. God and Public Policy = BAD! Vibrators, softcore ****, s**t and p**s stories = GOOD!
I believe for the most part we are referring to the Automotive News section, not the off-topic forum. Garbage topics like what you referenced typically gets removed when noticed, thanks for reporting them when you see fit.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 PM

I'm not trying to censor anyone, and I'm not a 5 year old tattle tale who "reports" things that I don't like. I'm just amused by the so called "standards" of decency around here.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by irocbsa
I'm not trying to censor anyone, and I'm not a 5 year old tattle tale who "reports" things that I don't like. I'm just amused by the so called "standards" of decency around here.
*sigh* Okay, it is not about "tattling" on anyone, it is about doing your part to help keep the community clean and "decent" when necessary. If you just find it amusing, then we are glad you find enjoyment here and thanks for your thoughts.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:46 PM

You have a tough job, I acknowledge that. I'm sure everyone has an opinion, and you get to hear them all. I certainly don't envy you guys. You're not going to get problems from me, I just call a spade a spade when I see it. Godspeed. (Hope that doesn't get deleted. )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moderators have to review posts?