CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Site Help and Suggestions (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/site-help-suggestions-11/)
-   -   Cz28 domain services.....NOT GOOD (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/site-help-suggestions-11/cz28-domain-services-not-good-575680/)

1fastformula 01-28-2008 09:03 AM

Cz28 domain services.....NOT GOOD

I had been a member of the PAID side of the domain site for about 4 years and last year I had to stop paying for billing reasons. Well my website went to the pop up ads and what nots since it was free of charge (no prob with that). Well I recently made a post and wanted to share the link to my website and it states that my website is no longer valid!!! WTF!!!! I have now LOST all my pics of the Firebird that was taken!!!!!! NO WARNING, NO POST TELLING ME TO SWITCH OVER.....NOTHING!!!!

Thanks Cz28 for taking away my digital memories of the reason why I joined this board in the first place........

Rant over

JBird33 01-28-2008 09:05 AM

Ever hear of backing up files?

Threxx 01-28-2008 09:06 AM

No offense but if the only place you stored your only copies of some digital photos was on a website then you were just asking to lose them forever. It's a website, not a backup service.

soontobeGN 01-28-2008 09:06 AM

:rolleyes:

Shockwave 01-28-2008 09:07 AM

I think we can help you better if this is moved over to the Site Questions/Suggestions Forum.

Kraest 01-28-2008 09:07 AM

If they were that precious to you, then you would have kept them on your HDD or burned to a CD. They had to be downloaded to your HDD before they were uploaded to the website anyway... why did you delete them? :confused:

1fastformula 01-28-2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by JBird33 (Post 5142478)
Ever hear of backing up files?

Would not have to if the web domain would warn peeps of expiration and what is needed to keep the website up and running. I have regular photos of the Bird...THANK GOD. Looks like Putfile will get some use now :alert:

soontobeGN 01-28-2008 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastformula (Post 5142489)
Would not have to if the web domain would warn peeps of expiration and what is needed to keep the website up and running. I have regular photos of the Bird...THANK GOD. Looks like Putfile will get some use now :alert:

and in theory you shouldnt have to back up your files on your hard drive, but we all know bad things can happen and things can get lost... dont put the blame on other people when you could have very easily prevented it. ;)

JBird33 01-28-2008 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastformula (Post 5142489)

Last I knew places weren't required to warn you of a cancellation of services when you quit paying. Pretty much implied that when you don't pay your bill things get shut off...whether tangible or a website.

1fastformula 01-28-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kraest (Post 5142488)
If they were that precious to you, then you would have kept them on your HDD or burned to a CD. They had to be downloaded to your HDD before they were uploaded to the website anyway... why did you delete them? :confused:

Other CPU crashed about a year ago (place of storage)......Should have put them on a CD but I figured all is well on the domain. I was wrong

Threxx 01-28-2008 09:11 AM

That's really the concept of backups. In the unlikely event...

You don't backup your files only when you expect to lose them. In that case it'd be called moving your files, not backing them up.

1fastformula 01-28-2008 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by JBird33 (Post 5142495)
Last I knew places weren't required to warn you of a cancellation of services when you quit paying. Pretty much implied that when you don't pay your bill things get shut off...whether tangible or a website.

There is a FREE domain site located on the board...That is where I thought I was running the website. Guess not. Peace

JasonD 01-28-2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastformula (Post 5142475)
NO WARNING, NO POST TELLING ME TO SWITCH OVER.....NOTHING!!!!

Thanks Cz28 for taking away my digital memories of the reason why I joined this board in the first place........

WHOAH, WHOAH! We know nothing of this as we are NOT the company you are dealing with. It is a 3rd party web hosting solution you are dealing with, not "CZ28/Jason/Chris". We know absolutely nothing of this, we are NOT a hosting company or a domain service and we control nothing of what happens in situations like this.

Right here in the FAQ...

I am having techical problems with my Team Mail or Reader's Rides or CZ28.Com Web Space.
Those services are not run by CamaroZ28.Com directly, but are third parties in partnership with CamaroZ28.Com. If you need technical support for any of those services, please use the following:...

When you paid your bill, who did you pay? Those are the people who you need to be in contact with.

http://help.cz28.com/

Sorry to hear of your troubles but you are blaming the wrong people.

1fastformula 01-28-2008 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD (Post 5142526)
WHOAH, WHOAH! We know nothing of this as we are NOT the company you are dealing with. It is a 3rd party web hosting solution you are dealing with, not "CZ28/Jason/Chris". We know absolutely nothing of this, we are NOT a hosting company or a domain service and we control nothing of what happens in situations like this.

Right here in the FAQ...

When you paid your bill, who did you pay? Those are the people who you need to be in contact with.

http://help.cz28.com/

Sorry to hear of your troubles but you are blaming the wrong people.

Thanks for the clarification.....I am just going to cut my losses and learn from this.

Thanks Again

JasonD 01-28-2008 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastformula (Post 5142739)
Thanks for the clarification.....I am just going to cut my losses and learn from this.

Thanks Again

Try contacting tech support using the link above, see if they can at least help. Again, we are really sorry to hear of your problems. If we could help, we certainly would.