Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Another Avtar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 09:34 AM

Question Another Avtar?

When we first got Avtars, it was said they were permanant. Then it was said, in the future, we could change them. When are we going to be able to change them, if ever? Is there anyway you can 'open up' the folks who have them to change them on their own? Just wondering!
Old 11-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Admin Emeritus

No, nothing has changed for now, but we hope to in the future. It all depends on how soon they release the next version of the bulletin board software and if the plans to implement new features actually come to pass, which I will assume most will. There are some cool features on the way.

However, we have no idea when that will be, no dates have been officially released. Hopefully sometime in the spring. This is why we said "Please be sure to pick an avatar that you will be happy with. This might change in the future, but not at this time.".
Old 11-29-2002, 10:45 AM

10 minute response time! Not too shabby!

Yea, I remember when you guys said to make sure what you wanted. I'm pleased with mine, I just would like to mix it up some. I just hope that when this is available, no one will abuse it and put up bad pics.

Thanks,

Dax
Old 12-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Lightbulb

Originally posted by aggiez28
just wondering but if we paid another 5 bucks could we change to another avitar.? im not gonna do it just wondering.
Well...yeah...I suppose so. If they want to change it that bad, they can just go throguht eh process again.

See, we have to add the avatars manually at this point because there is not a user group option that allows people to do it on their own. If we were to change that setting, it would be for everyone, not just select people who have donated. The next release of the software is supposed to make this and MANY other things much more configureable.

We just can't have people donate for their avatar and want to change it several times in a week. For the same reason we don't aloow people to change their user names, we would get flooded and we wouldn't have time for anything else and would be far from worth it.

or lets say when we are able to change our own avitars, will we send you the avitars and you add them to out list and will we have to pay 5 for each one?
When the time comes, people will pay for their avatar once and then be able to change the avatar whenever they want themselves through their User CP.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by JasonD

When the time comes, people will pay for their avatar once and then be able to change the avatar whenever they want themselves through their User CP.
That'll be cool. I'm sure guys will let us know!
Thanks,
Dax
Old 11-11-2006, 12:16 AM

How do I post my Avatar?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jamie55
How do I post my Avatar?
I am having problems with getting my Avatar or Profile Image the right size. What do I do?
Your Avatar image can be a maximum image size of 75 x 75 pixels or less with a file size of 5k or less.
Your Profile image can be a maximum image size of 100 x 100 pixels or less with a file size of 10k or less.

If the image you want to use is too large, try one of the following free online resources:

http://www.myimager.com

http://www.gifworks.com

You can also use any photo edting program as well.

How do I get a picture under my username?
These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. To get an Avatar for your account plus get more features, you must become a Premium Member of CamaroZ28.Com. Click here for more information.

What is the CamaroZ28.Com Premium Member Program? What do I get out of it?
CamaroZ28.Com is intended to be the greatest free Camaro/Firebird and beyond resource as a web site and community. It has been in operation since 1997 by Jason Debler and Chris Frezza. This is our hobby, we are enthusiasts just like you and we do not get paid for the time and effort that goes into the site only a daily basis.

In order for it to remain a free resource, this site is supported by advertising including our site Supporting Vendors and the members of our community through the Premium Member Program.

If you find benefit to using this site, you can not only give back to it but get some great enhancements to your message board account:

* Special Premium Member title under your user name
* Space for 250 Private Messages (instead of the standard 50)
* Ability to upload a custom Avatar of your choice and be able to change it at any time
* Ability to upload a custom profile image of your choice and be able to change it at any time
* More features will hopefully be added in the future!

Becoming a CamaroZ28.Com Premium Member helps pay for site server hosting costs and bandwidth, server upgrades, software registration and upgrades, and other related maintenance expenses.

To begin your CamaroZ28.Com Premium Member subscription, CLICK HERE
In most cases, your account will be updated automatically as soon as the process is completed and you can begin using the new features to your message board account right away!

Your support is greatly appreciated!

User Maintenance
This section contains lots of information about maintaining your own user profile, avatars and browsing options etc.
There you have it.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0
Old 12-26-2007, 04:18 PM

I'm haveing a heck of a time finding how to post my avitar.Can someone give this "dumba**" some direcyions??..........;-(
Old 12-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/faq...porting_member
Old 12-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sker66
I'm haveing a heck of a time finding how to post my avitar.Can someone give this "dumba**" some direcyions??..........;-(
In other news, he actually searched the forum to find this thread instead of making a new one! (but still didn't go to the FAQ to find out about the avatar )
Old 12-29-2007, 08:19 PM