Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Administrator, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 12:28 PM

Administrator, anyone?

Does everyone have to log in every time you post or reply?
I know that I have to the first time I post or reply, but it seems like if I reply or post a half dozen times in a day, that I have to log in again each time.

And when I log in it often says I'm already logged in, but it will not allow me to reply and I have to do it all over again.

Would someone tell me what the procedure is from the time you click onto the site?

It never used to be this way before I had to start using Inet Explorer as my browser in order to access the site.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:34 PM

Have you checked your User CP?????? You might have to reset your profile do's/dont's....

93Z Will
Old 12-02-2002, 12:38 PM

Something might be wrong with your cookies.

You should post this topic in the lounge.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:40 PM

Id say your account has issues considering it says you registered in Dec, 1969. Anyways, mine is always logged in, and never have to type in info for log in. Check your personal settings.

Jared
Old 12-02-2002, 02:12 PM

I thought you said you were never coming back here?? Oh well...

And your question is far from LT1-Tech... One would of thought you had learnt about proper forum posting from your last Advanced-Tech fiascal

Jeff
Old 12-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

When I go to the board from my main computer it recognizes me and logs me in automatically. So, like others have said, you either have this option turned off or have your browser setup to not accept cookies.

I'll move this over to the Site Help/Questions forum...
Old 12-02-2002, 02:23 PM

Hey Jeff be sure and let me know when you are in the neighborhood so I can teach you some manners.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:24 PM

Certinally not to turn this into a flame war, or even a flame... But i'm just bringing up the point you made in some long-*** post about how you were never ever coming back... It just sounded like a very spoiled child... and now, here you are... back!

Just remember that you were the one who went on and on and on in regards to not coming back here...

But either way, welcome back I suppose... (as for manors, see, i have lots )

I can't seem to find the post now tho... perhaps it was deleted, but I do see posts from you lately, so perhaps you never left, just threw your tantrum for some god-only-knows reason... *shrug*

Again, either way, enjoy the board you know you can't leave I know I can't... hehe
Old 12-02-2002, 05:12 PM

Some may view my behavior as childish or call it a "tantrum", I merely viewed it as a reasonable reaction given that I have been a participant on this site for over five years and have always tried to do my part.

And I can honestly say that I have never dissed anyone in almost 2500 posts.

I obviously over estimated the value and appreciation for my contributions, and this was brought home when of the (now 2) times that I misposted I was (I thought) being chastized as a complete stranger instead of reminded as a long-time, and somewhat effective, member of the club.

The only reason I came back after quitting those times was because I would see a post that reminded me of when i first joined and wanted to offer a reply to let them know that we do care.

So you can all knock yourselves out dissing me if you like. I could swear that I had a few friends on this site, but just goes to show ya.