LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

New member need help with tune!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 03:37 AM

New member need help with tune!!

hello I'm new to this site and wasn't sure where to post this. I just got done rebuilding my lt1 383 and in need of a local tuner I've searched and can't find anything. I'm located in Las Vegas NV some one please help!!

Thanks
John
Old 08-20-2017, 09:44 PM

Re: New member need help with tune!!

Google PCM4Less, you can go to their website and fill out the form with your engine and car specs and send your PCM to them and they can put a tune in it to get you started.

It's getting harder and harder to find anyone who tunes LT1s anymore, that's one of the reason's I moved to the 24x system which uses the LS1 PCM and 8 coils which everyone can tune.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Please do an online search of pcmforless before committing. Not all current feedback is positive.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 PM

Thanks guys I already have a mail order tune. I was looking for more of a local person or shop in Las Vegas that can get my car/tune a little more on point
Old 08-21-2017, 03:51 PM

There are NO Lt1 tuners here in Vegas. Now, that said if you happen to convert your Lt1 to the Ls1 24x system or the EDO CONNECTION 24x then I will definitely recommend ZIPPY his shop is on Pecos just north of Sunset.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 96m6lt1
There are NO Lt1 tuners here in Vegas. Now, that said if you happen to convert your Lt1 to the Ls1 24x system or the EDO CONNECTION 24x then I will definitely recommend ZIPPY his shop is on Pecos just north of Sunset.

Someone on the LTX forum told me to check his shop out as well. He had an lt1 that zippy tuned. Do you know if they are any good on the lt1 motors with the stock system? I'd like to do the 24x system but it's pretty expensive!! So I will have to hold off on that right now!!
Old 08-22-2017, 02:25 PM

just going to add that I know of a guy in kingman,az that races out in vegas all the time.... You might want to try hooking up with him about getting your car street tuned.. hit me up for his info
Old 08-23-2017, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by cardo0
Just coincidence but I was looking over my LT1 tunes now that I have TunerCats. Man the tuner that worked my tune didn't do anything to the timing or fueling tables. He just used my adj FPR to raise fuel pressure. It did get me 20 or greater HP though. But he really messed with my trans tables because I requested he changed the shift points. Car still shifts way late and is leaking fluid. So I have to fix the tune he did before I can even get the trans rebuilt.

What I'm saying is I'm sorry John but I haven't had any luck here in Vegas for the LT1 tune. But I have heard of good tuning from the Horsepower Connection down in Lake Havasu AZ : Home

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Sorry to here that about your tune. The tune is probably the biggest problem I've had on my car. I can't believe out of all the people in Vegas no one tunes lt1 motors lol. I love my car to death but man this makes me want to get a ls1!!!

If I can find someone I will definitely let you guys know!!
Old 09-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Anybody else with a tuner in Vegas or a shop that will tune lt1's???
Old 09-01-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by JohnSchwing
Anybody else with a tuner in Vegas or a shop that will tune lt1's???
​​​​​​​I'd like to know too im from Vegas n would like a tune too