Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Zaino vs. NXT Tech Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Zaino vs. NXT Tech Wax?

Opinions? I've been reading a bunch on this, and have read nothing but awesome things on the NXT... any of you guys have experience with both? This kind of turned me off of Zaino, as much as I love that stuff:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28621
Old 12-17-2007, 03:58 PM

I like Tropicare stuff. However, try to appearance section. Some seriously **** dudes giving their honest opinions .
Old 12-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Yep, I've been using Zaino products for 10 years and I have used NXT somewhere in the realm of 8-10 times as well.

My honest and unbiased opinion is that Zaino produces a good shine but has never really been the best when it comes to looks. There have always been products that have out-shined Zaino, IMO, and NXT probably outshines them by among the greatest margin of all of Zaino's competitors.

Why do I continue to use Zaino? Durability. NXT in my experience only has roughly half the durability of Zaino products. I can zaino my car and 6 months later it still beads almost like new... 9 months later it's still beading decently and not til around 12 months does the beading really start to fade. NXT seems to give me about half that lifespan in my experience.

And to me, durability is more important than looks since I'd prefer to wax once every 6-9 months instead of once every 3-4 months, even if it means it doesn't shine up quite as well.

But I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for using NXT. I'd use it again, myself, if I was mainly concerned about how it looked right afterward, but I don't do car shows and am not looking to impress anyone...
Old 12-17-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
Yep, I've been using Zaino products for 10 years and I have used NXT somewhere in the realm of 8-10 times as well.

My honest and unbiased opinion is that Zaino produces a good shine but has never really been the best when it comes to looks. There have always been products that have out-shined Zaino, IMO, and NXT probably outshines them by among the greatest margin of all of Zaino's competitors.

Why do I continue to use Zaino? Durability. NXT in my experience only has roughly half the durability of Zaino products. I can zaino my car and 6 months later it still beads almost like new... 9 months later it's still beading decently and not til around 12 months does the beading really start to fade. NXT seems to give me about half that lifespan in my experience.

And to me, durability is more important than looks since I'd prefer to wax once every 6-9 months instead of once every 3-4 months, even if it means it doesn't shine up quite as well.

But I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for using NXT. I'd use it again, myself, if I was mainly concerned about how it looked right afterward, but I don't do car shows and am not looking to impress anyone...
That's exactly what I've been reading about. The NXT is a synthetic wax that gives a way deeper shine, and a better color even, but lasts nowhere near as long. I've read that NXT is a perfect wax for the garage queen but the Zaino is so durable that if you drive the car normally it's a better option.

Either way I know I liked how Zaino turned out on my old camaro, unfortunately I only did it once, and that was way back. I bought some NXT I'm going to try and see how it works out
Old 12-17-2007, 04:07 PM

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=0

That is Zaino All-In-One. It is one of their newer products that does not require buying any seperate additives which is what use to make Zaino a pain in the ***.

As stated before, I use Zaino simply because it will lasts months. It doesn't have the deepest or wettest shine but the durability makes up for it.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:32 PM

Is that the Meguiars stuff? I've never used it because the market it to ricers, it's the principle really.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:35 PM

I switched from Zaino to NXT with no regrets.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 PM

So this guy drives a Ferrari, shops at pep boys, and complains about spending 80 bucks on Zaino.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:09 PM

I never understood this...

people will bitch that Zaino is too expensive...

THEN... go spend $3,000 on appearance mods and such. And spend $20 on some wax.

I also love how peopel will say off the shelf stuff is so much cheaper!!! and just as good.

then they spend...
$18 for claybar
$20-25 for wax
$15-20 for detail spray
$8-15 for carwash

and end up spending $60-80. And Zaino is 90, and lasts lightyears longer, is easier to apply and remove.

on my outside cars in FL, NXT last like 2 weeks, Zaino lasted 5-6 months.

I liked the zaino shine better had a more "real" feel to it.

Zaino on the car

NXT on the car

Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 PM

and FWIW... some of my zaino went bad, but I bought it in 2003, and its lasted this long.

I plan to use it on the New G6 sometime soon. Just too busy.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 6Speed
So this guy drives a Ferrari, shops at pep boys, and complains about spending 80 bucks on Zaino.
Guys with cars like that aren't necessarily stupid about spending money which is one of the reasons why they might have more money and nicer cars than most other people.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Blown 95 TA
Guys with cars like that aren't necessarily stupid about spending money which is one of the reasons why they might have more money and nicer cars than most other people.
So spending $60,000 on a 15yr old car isn't stupid?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by 6Speed
So spending $60,000 on a 15yr old car isn't stupid?
Might or might not be, but saving money on day-to-day things adds up. I live cheap and debt free, but I drive a couple pretty nice cars because I know how to save money for the things I want.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx

Couldn't have said it better - I use Zaino for protection, and layer NXT over it for depth and shine.

No matter what the Zaino fanboys say - Zaino does not shine as well as a good wax.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:38 PM

NXT is not completely synthetic. One of biggest differences between the two, as has been stated, is durability. NXT will give adequate protection for a few weeks, at best; when applied correctly Zaino can offer months of protection, and rivals the best carnaubas in appearance.

Quick Reply: Zaino vs. NXT Tech Wax?