Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

zaino and mothers clay bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 10:21 AM

Post zaino and mothers clay bar

for those who use mothers clay bar before using zaino, did u use the "instant detailer" that came with the bar for lubrication or did u use something else? thanks!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:40 AM

Lightbulb

You can use the Mother's lube before Zaino if you want, BUT, you'll have to wash the car again with Z7 or dish soap to remove the residue from the QD so that Zaino can properly bond. You can eliminate the wash if you use Z7 as the lube.

The best technique IMO is to use Z7 wash as the lube. Z7 works outstanding as a clay lube as well as a car soap! Soap up a panel with suds and water with a mitt, clay it, then rinse. Obviously, make sure your car is already clean before you begin claying regardless of what lube you use.

Here's what I do for first Zaino applications:
1. DAWN wash
2. Clay with Z7 wash, so you're actually getiing the car washed again while you're claying...
3. Z6
4. Apply Z2/Z5 with ZFX or Z1+Z2/Z5

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
Shine by ZAINO! - Special Thanks to Sal Z!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited April 13, 2002).]
Old 04-15-2002, 01:04 AM
94Z

I just got Mothers clay bar thing. Thats a teeny piece of clay in there. I already used a Clay Magic chunk many times and needed a new one. The mothers clay is really small, 1/4 the size of the Clay Magic. Plus you get the lubricant/cleaner and wax I don't need.
I just use a strong mix of car detergent and water in a spray bottle for lubricant. I'll use the wax on the wifes car. Hopefully
Buster Brown, (UPS) will be bringing me a new supply of Zaino shortly.

------------------
6 Speed,GM Hot Cam Kit.
SLP headers/Y-Pipe,no cat.
Flowmaster SLP intake MSD 6AL
MSD coil Taylor wires LT4 KM
TB Bypass, Fastchips. Fastchips
highly recomended.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:05 PM

I've used the Mothers claybar a few times with great results. The only problem I ran into is when I used all of the spray lube that came with it, I mixed up some meguiars car wash and water to use instead. After about 5 minutes, my claybar was dead. It was literally falling apart in my hands. I dont know if Zaino or other car soaps do the same thing, but avoid meguairs car wash when using the Mothers clay bar.

------------------
Chris™
<A HREF="http://www2.gvsu.edu/~stigersc/lakepics.htm" TARGET=_blank>'97 Cutty - "Pull Me Over" Red & "Gimme a ticket" Yellow
</A>