Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

zaino help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 09:48 PM

Post zaino help

Well, I finally got around to start applying zaino but I'm a little confused. I mixed up one ounce of z-5 with 5 drops of zfx and went to town. I got 3 applications with that ounce. But it didnt seem to dry and it was about 95 out today. How do I make sure i'm not putting to much on? It just dont come off easily like its supposed to. Please help.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:17 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mustang_52:
Well, I finally got around to start applying zaino but I'm a little confused. I mixed up one ounce of z-5 with 5 drops of zfx and went to town. I got 3 applications with that ounce. But it didnt seem to dry and it was about 95 out today. How do I make sure i'm not putting to much on? It just dont come off easily like its supposed to. Please help.</font>
You certainly know how to stretch it, 3 coats with one ounce is something few people can do, the answer is that Zaino can not be applied too thinly.

Did you clay the car, sometimes paint contamination can make the polish not wipe off so easily.

Did you do three coats in a day meaning you applied one coat, buffed that off, did another coat, buffed that off, and did another coat and buffed that off? Did you Z-6 between coats, that helps a bunch.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 06-23-2002, 03:29 AM

Well, I finally got around to start applying zaino but I'm a little confused. I mixed up one ounce of z-5 with 5 drops of zfx and went to town. I got 3 applications with that ounce. But it didnt seem to dry and it was about 95 out today. How do I make sure i'm not putting to much on? It just dont come off easily like its supposed to. Please help.</font>
Dude, you gotta teach the rest of us how to apply coats that thinly and efficiently!

------------------
2002 Red Trans Am WS-6 - Loudmouth Dual/Duals
Old 06-23-2002, 09:53 AM

Maybe I'm not getting much on there. How many ounces per coat should I be using on average? Im thinking i'm not puting a uniform coverage on the car and there for there isnt much to dry. Also, I did z-6 in between and the three coats were applied in one day waiting a half hour in between.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:14 PM

Maybe I'm not getting much on there. How many ounces per coat should I be using on average? Im thinking i'm not puting a uniform coverage on the car and there for there isnt much to dry. Also, I did z-6 in between and the three coats were applied in one day waiting a half hour in between.</font>
Everything you are doing is perfect, don't change it.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 06-24-2002, 06:37 PM

OK, but what I'd like to know is how do I know I'm getting uniform coverage. How many times to you put a dab of zaino on the pad for a panel. Should I be seeing the zaino on the car or no?
Old 06-25-2002, 09:03 AM

On a light colored car it is difficult to see. On darker cars it is easier to see.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY