Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Will Zaino streak

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 04:22 PM

Post Will Zaino streak

I have a black Z28, and almost every wax I use seems to streak or leave swirl marks. I thought about trying Zaino. Everyone seems to think this stuff is the best. Tell me what you think.

------------------
1997 Z28, Black, 98 Z28 Chrome wheels, MTI's 400 H.P. Kit, (Motorsport Technologies 52mm throttle body, K&N CAI, Taylor 8mm, LT4 Heads, Custom grind cam, Borla catback, BBK Equal length ceramic coat shorty headers, Moroso solid Motor Mounts, Hotchkis STB, TA, PHR, B&M Electronic shift improver, Hypertech program for shift points and powerstat and gears, Hypertech 160 powerstat, A4, 3.23 rear end (originally 2.73), GTS headlight/tail light covers, tinted windows, BFG Radials/295/50R16 rear 245/50R16 front, 1st gear free mod, MAF screen removed
Old 10-03-2001, 09:18 PM

Nope, no streaking even on black, that is why I use Zaino to this day.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 10-04-2001, 12:17 PM

Exclamation

DON'T PUT IT ON IN THE SUN!! (you really should mention this more often Kevin) I put Z1 and Z5 on my black Impala SS after it sat in the hot Texas sun for 2 hours, and it dried too fast and left streaks everywhere! (months later with no more Zaino they are starting to fade away) Most of the Zaino application tips tell you it's okay to apply in the sun, in fact it dries faster this way, but don't do it if you have a black car!! Trust me.

I still love Zaino and use it, but these streaks really suck.
Old 10-04-2001, 04:12 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by No 'E' in Camaro:
DON'T PUT IT ON IN THE SUN!! (you really should mention this more often Kevin) I put Z1 and Z5 on my black Impala SS after it sat in the hot Texas sun for 2 hours, and it dried too fast and left streaks everywhere! (months later with no more Zaino they are starting to fade away) Most of the Zaino application tips tell you it's okay to apply in the sun, in fact it dries faster this way, but don't do it if you have a black car!! Trust me.

I still love Zaino and use it, but these streaks really suck.
</font>
I would say yours is an extreme case, a black car's surface in two hours on a hot Texas day in the sun would approach and go over 200 degrees, too hot to touch much less to polish or wax. Hell, if it was that hot, to me it would be too hot on myself to get out there and polish on a car

I Zaino all the time in direct sun at shows and vendor events, but I feel the paint first.

200 degrees just makes any wax or polish dry too fast before you have a chance to spread it evenly.

BTW, using the right methods you could easily get rid of your streaks any time you wish.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3