Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Whats a good wax besides Zaino?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 02:09 AM

Whats a good wax besides Zaino?

I was going to order Zaino but the shipping is too expensive and changed my mind, what else is a good car wax besides Zaino? For example, does anyone know which stores carry Liquid glass? Or does a store carry Zaino? I would rather just go pick it up from a store than pay alot in shipping and then wait weeks for it to arrive.

Last edited by z28sspeedracer; 10-07-2003 at 02:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:39 AM

Just find a Zaino distributor in your area. I bet someone will chime in with the eMail address to find some.

My shipping was like $4, how much is yours?!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:44 AM

Shipping is $7.95.

...you don't have to drive to a store and use gas, oil, tires, brakes, devalue your car with milage, etc

This is one of the more creative ways I've heard someone talk themselves out of a purchase though.

EDIT: Plus I don't think you even have to pay sales tax unless you are a New Jersey Resident, so, in the long run, it's probably even or cheaper to have it shipped!!

Last edited by Darth Xed; 10-07-2003 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:25 AM

Zaino is worth $8 if you are purchasing a set-up kit ( Z2, Z5, Z6, ZFX, etc) exspecially for how well it works after a good prep.
My only problem is finding someone that will ship re-supplies ( ie a bottle of Z6) for the "real" cost of S/H ~$4. $17 for 16oz of QD is quite expensive.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

My only problem is finding someone that will ship re-supplies ( ie a bottle of Z6) for the "real" cost of S/H ~$4. $17 for 16oz of QD is quite expensive.
Ya, I can see that being a bit of an issue... I usually just wait (if I can) to have an order big enough to justify the shipping...

If I think I am gonna need more Z7 wash or something, I'll just order it then as well.

Seems like I can always put together a decent order... plus I like to get the free #314 applicator... you can never have enough of them!
Old 10-07-2003, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
Ya, I can see that being a bit of an issue... I usually just wait (if I can) to have an order big enough to justify the shipping...

If I think I am gonna need more Z7 wash or something, I'll just order it then as well.

Seems like I can always put together a decent order... plus I like to get the free #314 applicator... you can never have enough of them!
So true!!!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 01:54 PM

My personal favorite beside Zaino is called "NuFinish", it's sold at most auto stores in an orange container, and is fairly inexpensive. It has been out forever, but it has great shine and durability... especially when used on older cars that have some swirls or oxidation in their finish. The only downside is that it really likes to get in the cracks and look nasty.. you'll need to get out a toothpick and go back over the car to get all the crud stuck in the cracks out.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:45 PM

For reordering supplies, why order only 1 product. Buy extra Z-6, Z-7 pads, etc. you know you are going to use it.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:18 PM

I'm going to go to my local auto supply store and try some of the "NuFinish", Does anyone know if it's the high quality wax, or not the kind that is diffucult to remove when repainting the car as mentioned in the "FAQ's"? I'm looking for a high quality wax like the Zaino and with UV protection as well, but something I can get at my local auto store etc. There is an autozone very close to my house, I can even go walking if I wanted to, so gas or driving there is no problem and won't even add 1 mile to my mileage.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:23 PM

Do not let $8 persuade you to use a lesser ( though) probably good product. NuFinish will be the quickest way to a good shine ( it polishes and lays down protection in one step) but to compare NuFinish appearance to a car with an "anally" prep Zaino protected vehicle is like saying a wine-cooler taste as good as a excellent French Champagne ( Dom Perignon). Hey it cost more than $8 to take your kid (1) and yourself to MacDonald's.

Besides, the few days of waiting for your Zaino will give you time to really develop the gloss you want. PREP!!!! JMO
Old 10-07-2003, 10:30 PM

$8 is too much for shipping on only one product. I can buy almost another wax bottle for that much. I can do many other things with $8, sorry.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by z28sspeedracer
$8 is too much for shipping on only one product. I can buy almost another wax bottle for that much. I can do many other things with $8, sorry.
Well, I'd hope you'd be buying more than just one bottle of something... but regardless... how much did you spend on your car? Isn't it worth eight bucks to take care fo your investment properly?

It's kind of like buying a nice $3000 suit and not thinking it's worth spending the money to have it properly dry cleaned. ... except your car cost more than the suit, and the shipping cost less than the dry cleaning...

Old 10-07-2003, 11:23 PM

It's not really the $8, it's the obvious ridiculous price for shipping something which would cost alot less. They are using ground shipping for crying out loud, the cheapest shipping method. Even 2nd day air costs less. I've shipped big bulky heavy things for $6 bucks, and for a 16oz I expect less on shipping. Just because I have a nice expensive car doesn't mean I'm going to spend money stupidly.

If I had a $3000 suit, I would shop around for the best price for a good cleaner, I'm not just going to go to beverly hills and clean it at one of the cleaners there and pay them ridiculous amount of money for the cleaning and other charges they might decide to add simply becuase I have a "nice $3000 suit".

This reminds me of things I see on ebay, $1 spy cameras with $35 shipping charges. except Zaino is both expensive and charge ridiculous shipping charges.

I'll just get the NuFinish from my local store. Thanks for the recommendation. I just wanted an alternative.

Last edited by z28sspeedracer; 10-07-2003 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:25 AM

z28sspeedracer,

I understand what you are saying about $8 being extremely expensive for 1 item. Remember most people order several items at a time and the cost of handling and packaging ( extremely neat from my experience) is included in this $8. This set price just makes things a lot easier to calculate when ordering. Maybe convenience has a small price? Shop around and you will probably find that UPS ground is ratherly less than $7.50. Eckler's sells Zaino. Call them and see if a one item S/H is cheaper. I truly doubt it.
Were you just ordering one item ( polish)? No ZFX or Z1? No QD? No car shampoo (Z7)?. If so, it is probably best that you not bother with Zaino. It would be unfair to this product if you did not use the "system" correctly.
Elite detailing and products is an expensive hobby. Quite rewarding and sometimes illogical ( time and money spent). Personal rewards obtained from this hobby, from protecting and maintaining the beauty of my investments are priceless.
This is not intended as a "flame" , just my view on this $8 decision reasoning.

Ever pay $5.00 for a $1.50 12oz beer in a sports bar???
Old 10-08-2003, 07:17 AM

Originally posted by blkZ28Conv
z28sspeedracer,

I understand what you are saying about $8 being extremely expensive for 1 item. Remember most people order several items at a time and the cost of handling and packaging ( extremely neat from my experience) is included in this $8. This set price just makes things a lot easier to calculate when ordering. Maybe convenience has a small price? Shop around and you will probably find that UPS ground is ratherly less than $7.50. Eckler's sells Zaino. Call them and see if a one item S/H is cheaper. I truly doubt it.
Were you just ordering one item ( polish)? No ZFX or Z1? No QD? No car shampoo (Z7)?. If so, it is probably best that you not bother with Zaino. It would be unfair to this product if you did not use the "system" correctly.
Elite detailing and products is an expensive hobby. Quite rewarding and sometimes illogical ( time and money spent). Personal rewards obtained from this hobby, from protecting and maintaining the beauty of my investments are priceless.
This is not intended as a "flame" , just my view on this $8 decision reasoning.

Ever pay $5.00 for a $1.50 12oz beer in a sports bar???

All legitimate points.

I think what it boils down to (and this is not intended as a flame either) is that perhaps z28sspeedracer isn't concerned with have a great product or system as much as something that will 'cut it' so to speak without having to spend so much money.... and really, there's nothing wrong with that... just depends on how much you want to invest in your car.

To me, spending a few extra bucks on something I have invested $25,000 into makes sense... that may not be true to others.

I do recommend that z28sspeedracer does some reading up on the Zaino system and process if he ever plans on using it, just because I think he is under the impression that he only needs to order one bottle of product. It is a system, and is best used as a system.... though, any product is only as good as the prep work done, therefore claying, etc would be recommended no matter what you end up using.

Quick Reply: Whats a good wax besides Zaino?