Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Touch Up Paint and Wax Question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:50 AM

Touch Up Paint and Wax Question...

Guys I need some touch up paint to try and patch up a little hail damage from this last week...also I have a question about wax, what kinda wax do you guys use? I used MGuires(sp) last time, it looked good but didn't seem to stay on too long and was a pain in the butt to wipe off once applied...anyone use the liquid wax? How is it? I'm thinking this once every 6 months stuff isn't enough, and if I switch to the liquid wax it wont be nearly as time consuming and I'll be able to do it more like every 3 months or so...I've seen commercials for some new stuff from turtle wax and a couple other places...recommendations?
Old 04-28-2004, 03:21 PM
SSMOKEDU

I HIGHLY recommend you give Zaino a try

I know it's "raved" about alot on this board, but it works! I've used Meguire's, along with many other waxes, and nothing holds up like Zaino.

I detail cars on the side, and I haven't had a customer yet who hasn't commented on how great their car looks after I "Zaino them". They have also commented how after a rainfall, their cars are clean again

Others may recommend other waxes, and some are good, but in my opinion, nothing beats Zaino.

Old 04-28-2004, 04:33 PM

Touch up paint can be bought at the dealership GM parts counter, they just need your paint code number and will order you a bottle of touch up paint. Most all waxes now come in liquid form only, just a few paste waxes left on the market........
Old 04-28-2004, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by KevinSS
Touch up paint can be bought at the dealership GM parts counter, they just need your paint code number and will order you a bottle of touch up paint. Most all waxes now come in liquid form only, just a few paste waxes left on the market........
The mcguires I got was a paste wax and man was it ever a pain in the butt to get off, there's still parts with it on there
Old 04-30-2004, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by IrocManiac
The mcguires I got was a paste wax and man was it ever a pain in the butt to get off, there's still parts with it on there
That was the original reason I switched.