Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

spiderwebbing

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:58 AM

spiderwebbing

while going over the car with wax for the first time i noticed the top and rear edge of the rear bumper has a little "spiderweb" or almost a scuff in it. but it looks maybe like its under the clear i cant tell and nothing got it out. ideas to cover it up?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:53 AM

Only way it would be "under" the clear is if it was like that and somebody recleared it. And in that case the only thing you can do is repaint it. But chances are, this isn't the case and you should look into buying a buffer and polish. Or try Megs scratchx first...
Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 PM

It can most likely be polished out. If you don't have a Polishing tool, then go to a detailer, and show them what you've got.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:43 PM

yeah i hope so. idk if it was just backed into slowly to where it didnt crack the bumper but just the paint or what. it almost looks like white paste wax was spread on oit and not wiped off (obviously not it but thats a way to describe what it looks like) idk ill hope for the best
Old 06-05-2008, 02:53 AM

pics???
Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 PM

pics?
I was a drunken idiot and kicked my bumper when i was at home after the track one nite. I had a bunch of girls over and was also flaming mad at my times.
It spiderwebbed pretty good. Everything is way under the clear tho. I am pretty sure I cracked the paint under the clear(well it looks that way).

Ive sanded, buffed, etc. Nothing will get it out aside from re finishing it. You may have something like that or it may be minor. Get us more info or a pic.

If your imperfection will be able to be repaired it will need to be buffed. Maybe even sanded with some 2500 grit paper, but it come out or look much much better after being worked on. Go to your local bodyshop and see if they will buff it while you wait. It may just take 5min, you wont know unitll you start working on it.
To clean the paint before kind of buffing/polishing use rubbing alcohol to clean it removing grease, tar, etc. This will help with how much of the scuff/imperfection will be able to be removed.

Last edited by slomarao; 06-05-2008 at 01:29 PM.