Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Product Review: Black Magic Tire Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 06:05 PM

Post Product Review: Black Magic Tire Tint

After being content with High Gloss tire shine from Meguairs for too long, I thought I'd try out some of the Black Magic tire tint. I chose to go with silver over red or blue.

Ease of Application: 7/10
Initial Appearance: 9/10
Appearance after crusin for a while: 8/10

Overall, this stuff looks pretty neat. It looks just as dark and wet as the Meguiars High Gloss. The only thing I didnt like was how watery it was. Compared to Meguairs (which is gel-like), this was much too watery. It was almost immidiately absorbed into the application sponge. It does come out when you dab it on the sidewall though. We'll see what kind of endurance I get with it over the next few days.

------------------
Chris™
<A HREF="http://www2.gvsu.edu/~stigersc/car.html" TARGET=_blank>'97 Cutty - "Pull Me Over" Red & "Gimme a ticket" Yellow
</A>

The Peter Potter Philanthropy Party Project posts perfect prose again!!
Old 07-13-2002, 10:14 PM

Does it sling of the tire? or does it stay in place like Endurance? Do you think if you let it sit w/o driving for day(s) it may dry? I have been considering buying it, but was debating if it was considered r!ce or not. Please update.

------------------
1996 Blue-Green Chameleon Formula
1of70 Chameleon Formulas for 1996
2000 S10 LS 4.3L 4x4 PickUp
JeffsWorld
Old 07-14-2002, 12:28 AM

Question

I've never heard of tire tint. Does it make the tire that color, or is the tire still black, but with a hint of the new color?

------------------
2001 Camaro SS
Light Pewter Metallic
M6, T-Tops, Ebony Leather
All Options
Old 07-14-2002, 01:45 PM

Update: After driving around all night (including some highway driving), the tire tint has not slung off my tires. It seems to stay on just as good as the Endurance.

It has about as much shine as the normal endurance tire gel, but Tire Tint has glitter or something like that in it to "brighten" up your tires. It comes in Red, Blue and Silver. I tried the silver, and it looked pretty good. I think I might try putting a coat of High Gloss endurance over it later just to see how it looks.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:58 PM

Only red, blue and silver. At my local "Franks Auto Supermarket" they have about 9 different colors. One of the colors is like the ford chamelion paint, it has like 6 differnt colors in it. Along with neon: green, pink, blue, purple,.. then they even have silver, gold red and blue. Please dont put that stuff on your camaro, its gets a 10/10 for being total rice!! However, its a cool product.

------------------
`96 TransAm: RamAir w/ K&N filter, 125hp Zex dry kit, 3.73 gears, McLeod StreetTwin clutch, Borla cat-back, 1le alum. driveshaft, B&M shifter, Walbro in-line fuel booster pump, Granatelli MAF, 52mm TB w/Airfoil and coolent bypass, LT4 KM + programmed computer, Accel 8.8 race wires, Zex Hyperformance plugs, MSD Univ. Adj. timing, Window switch, Sport-comp Nitrous, Boost, Fuel pressure gauges in center 3 vents and Air/Fuel gauge on A-pillar pod, Mobil 1 only, !CAGS, Yokohama tires, tinted windows.

Low 13's on motor.
Low 12's on bottle.
"Lots of throttle and a backup bottle"
Old 07-14-2002, 03:46 PM

Yeah, I can see myself or a detail shop saying: "Now Mr. Smith, let's go over this, I understand you want your car washed, waxed, the engine and interior cleaned, but what color do you want your tires? we have red, green, blue, purple, gold, and some stuff we rub on there that is so many different colors even we don't know what to call it" Mr Smith replys, how about just plain black?

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 07-15-2002, 10:22 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by n2oTransAmLT1:
Please dont put that stuff on your camaro, its gets a 10/10 for being total rice!! However, its a cool product.

</font>
Well, dont worry about it being on a Camaro. I have a Cutlass.

On a side note, how can you say something is 10/10 for being total rice, yet say its a cool product?

Saying this stuff is rice is like saying metallic paint is rice. I put it on to see what kind of shine I could get from my tires. It worked pretty good. Before I went to bed last night, I put a coat of High Gloss Endurance over the Tire Tint, and it turned out pretty good. I'm not gonna use this stuff everyday, but for when I want some extra shine, I'll keep using it. However, I'm not brave enough to try any of the colored stuff. I only have the silver.

------------------
Chris™
<A HREF="http://www2.gvsu.edu/~stigersc/car.html" TARGET=_blank>'97 Cutty - "Pull Me Over" Red & "Gimme a ticket" Yellow
</A>

The Peter Potter Philanthropy Party Project posts perfect prose again!!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:51 AM

Bling Bling!!!

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 07-15-2002, 11:48 AM

Smile

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kevin V 2002 SS:
Bling Bling!!!
</font>
LOL!!! Black Magic Tire Tint... the official tire dressing of the Icy Hot Stuntaz. Rollin on dubs yo!!
Old 07-17-2002, 04:31 PM

Does anyone have pics of what it looks like? I'm curious.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:46 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jilly:
Does anyone have pics of what it looks like? I'm curious.</font>
I'll post some tomorrow. After 4 days, it still looks great!
Old 07-23-2002, 01:41 PM

yeah, the stuff looks great for a while, but after a week and a half, or just a lot of brake dust; it starts looking dull. When you wash your car, it's a pain the the butt to take off. It's like cleaning up an oil spill, the rag you use for it can never be used again. I only use the stuff when i have something important to go to.

-Jeff

------------------
1998 NBM Z28, RK Sport ground effects, QTEC, Flowmaster, CAI, LS1 Motorsports Lid, K&N, MSD wires, custom painted interior.

**On Order:
10-spoke chrome SS rims.
275/40/ZR17 Kuhmo tires.
SLP Ultra-Z Ram Air Hood. **
Old 07-23-2002, 09:14 PM

You need to bring the Cutty by weller for me to see. I was thinking of trying the red on my Z. I'm always game to try something new, but I agree...not all the time. Just when I want to stand out. Not that I dont stand out already

------------------
Arrest ME Red 1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible
just a chip and a muffler, well maybe some headers
http://home.attbi.com/~mycamaro/

[This message has been edited by dreamer1q (edited July 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by dreamer1q (edited July 23, 2002).]
Old 07-24-2002, 12:07 PM

Is the color really that noticable??
Old 07-24-2002, 03:09 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gh0st:
Is the color really that noticable??</font>
I dont know about the colored tints, but Silver just shows a little more reflection of the sunlight. On my car, it made my tires a little brighter. Observe:

http://home.attbi.com/~sinistersyclone/tiretint1.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~sinistersyclone/tiretint2.jpg