Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Polished aluminum wheel cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 08:23 AM

Polished aluminum wheel cleaner

Well i just had to replace one of my rims. They are Eagle alloys 077 series, obviously polished aluminum. So the one i get in is so much brighter and so much cleaner then the rest. I used to just use the Eagle1 aluminum cleaner on them , and they shined up all right with some polish added. What is the best and strongest cleaner and polish for polished aluminum?
Old 03-26-2004, 04:24 PM

Re: Polished aluminum wheel cleaner

Originally posted by Riddlerlt1
Well i just had to replace one of my rims. They are Eagle alloys 077 series, obviously polished aluminum. So the one i get in is so much brighter and so much cleaner then the rest. I used to just use the Eagle1 aluminum cleaner on them , and they shined up all right with some polish added. What is the best and strongest cleaner and polish for polished aluminum?

I have had 10+ sets of billet wheels over the years and the only "cleaner" I use is soap and water, the word "stronger" cleaner scares the crap out of me when it comes to highly polished wheels, after they are clean and dried I use Mother Billet Polish and then apply whatever wax or polish you use on the paint, mine never look old.....
Old 03-26-2004, 10:33 PM

If your wheels are clearcoated, then use the mag polish especially formulated for clearcoated polished aluminum wheels. My polisher that did my wheels gave me specific instructions on the type of cleaner polish to use, and the ones to get are Blue Magic, Flitz, or Simachrome.

If you just have polished wheels w/o clearcoat, then you could use Mothers Billet Polish.

Oh and after you use the polish (get ready for some elbow grease), put a little carnauba wax on top of them if time allows. The wax helps smoothen out the texture, and it fights off oxidation, so as you won't have to polish the wheels as often, provided you keep them clean. Good luck.

Last edited by lbls1; 03-26-2004 at 10:35 PM.