My experience with the company "Microfinish LLC" trying to get matching paint color - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #1  

My experience with the company "Microfinish LLC" trying to get matching paint color

I ordered spray paint and touch up from this company for my '76 Camaro and a quart of paint for gun and gave them the correct year, color number, and aftermarket mix numbers. Got clear coat in the quart instead of the paint mix. The color was off -- seemed to be a warmer, slightly darker shade two or three years newer (the late '70s Bright Yellow)--- so I sent an actual chip from the hood of the car.

They matched the chip somewhat, but never sent me the new mix of paint and did not respond to e-mails or calls. I knew it would be a gamble trying to get a correct mix, but the problem turned out to be more just their integrity in supplying the color and products I ordered.

But they got my money.
f-body fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #2  

Re: My experience with the company "Microfinish LLC" trying to get matching paint col

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I just had a similar experience, except it didn't have to do with cars. I ordered a room air conditioner from Home Depot, as my local store didn't have any in stock. When the unit arrived, I insisted it be unboxed to check thinks out. Well, one side was caved in. It had to have occurred before it was crated, as the box was unscathed. They've got my money, but working on a resolution that I hope works out in my favor.
moparman is offline   Reply With Quote