Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Mr Clean Auto Dry

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 09:13 PM

Mr Clean Auto Dry

At first I thought this would be another gimmick to make money..but boy was I in for a suprise...

I went to a local Auto-Zone and bought the stuff.....just to try it out...I had the dirtiest car in the neighborhood at the time..so of course I had to handwash it with my sponges and stuff...after that..I started rinsing...ok...then I used soapy water...this stuff is awesome for cleaning actually...after that I rinsed and sprayed with the filtered water and did my car look nice or WHAT!...It looked like I had spent 10 hours cleaning the sucker and it actually only took me 15 minutes.Then I applied some Turtle Wax Ultra Shine to her and...SPLABAM!She's as good as new...now for the inside (*grabs armor all*)
Old 04-18-2004, 10:53 PM

Are you TRYING to crack your dash?

STOP USING ARMOR ALL.

That's all I'll say.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:55 PM

Well, I'm not going to use armor all anymore because I couldn't see anything other than my dashboard while driving due to reflection. Other than that, what's wrong with it, and what do you use? On topic, I just bought the Mr. Clean Auto Dry today, but we had a thunderstorm.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:56 AM

I used this for the first time the other day and I thought it worked really well also. It especially does well on polished wheels. All I had to do was spray them with regular water, rub them down with a rag to get the dirst and such off, and rinse them with filtered water. They dried like new... However, when I first put the wheels on the car about a month back, I put on a coat of Mother's carnauba wax, which probably helps.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:21 PM

I have a cheaper solution than the Mr Clean. Find a water purification place in your area. Get hold of a DI Tank. Should run you around $50-$60, should last you around 2 years. Works on the same principal, wash your car as normal then spray with the DI tank, no need to dry will dry naturaly to a spot free finish. These DI Tanks are the exact same thing touchless car washes use. You just connect your hose to the DI tank and out the other end and the resin inside takes all the impurities out the water by negative and positive charge (simplified). Guaranteed cheaper than Mr Clean and Guaranteed equal to if not better results. Water spots are the minerals etc in the water that are left behind after the water dries. Remove the minerals etc and no water spots.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by 1dreamz
I have a cheaper solution than the Mr Clean. Find a water purification place in your area. Get hold of a DI Tank. Should run you around $50-$60, should last you around 2 years. Works on the same principal, wash your car as normal then spray with the DI tank, no need to dry will dry naturaly to a spot free finish. These DI Tanks are the exact same thing touchless car washes use. You just connect your hose to the DI tank and out the other end and the resin inside takes all the impurities out the water by negative and positive charge (simplified). Guaranteed cheaper than Mr Clean and Guaranteed equal to if not better results. Water spots are the minerals etc in the water that are left behind after the water dries. Remove the minerals etc and no water spots.
Sorry for being an idiot, but whats a DI tank? Sounds like a good idea to me-I think I'm going to have to go get one of these
Old 04-20-2004, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by mvnatedog
I used this for the first time the other day and I thought it worked really well also. It especially does well on polished wheels. All I had to do was spray them with regular water, rub them down with a rag to get the dirst and such off, and rinse them with filtered water. They dried like new... However, when I first put the wheels on the car about a month back, I put on a coat of Mother's carnauba wax, which probably helps.
Well ive already bought this so I'll stick with it.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:50 PM

A DI Tank is a Deionized water tank. It works with negativly charged resin and the impurities in water are positivley charged. Hence the impurities stick to the resin and gives you the closest to pure water you can get. As I said before you remove the impurities from water you beat water marks and then there is no need chamoas. I wash my car when it is dirty other wise i just squirt it with DI water every couple of days takes about 30 secs and volaa a constantly clean car. I love it.