Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Leaving convertible outside for winter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 09:16 AM

Leaving convertible outside for winter?

Well my mom is getting pissed that my car sits in the garage while her ugly van is outside and she has to scrap it every morning before work. She's making me take my car out of the garage and store it outside for the winter. I was wondering if anyone has ever stored a convertible outside for the winter? I've stored my regular ttop cars outside but never a vert. I don't have enough money for one of those fancy car covers and I don't want to buy a cheapo one b/c i'm afraid that moisture will get through and stay there causing mold to form on the top. Anyone have any suggestions or does anyone know if its ok to just leave the car outside expossed to the winter elements?

thanks,
Mark
Old 12-19-2003, 09:15 PM

Man that suck's, i would work out a deal with your mom to scrape her windows and start up her car everyday befor i let my conv. sit out all winter in the ell.not good for the top or the paint , but i would save up and get a good cover that will protect it thats about all i know to do. Mine stays in the garage w/ a cover on it, i am such a fanatic, good luck man sorry not much help
Old 12-19-2003, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by GreenGobbler
Man that suck's, i would work out a deal with your mom to scrape her windows and start up her car everyday befor i let my conv. sit out all winter in the ell.not good for the top or the paint , but i would save up and get a good cover that will protect it thats about all i know to do. Mine stays in the garage w/ a cover on it, i am such a fanatic, good luck man sorry not much help

I wish but I can't i'm away at school so I won't be here to do it. Last year she let my car sit in the garage but this year she's pissed. She isn't happy that her 21 year old college son needs 2 cars (1 for the winter) and has to keep his nice one in the garage
Old 12-20-2003, 01:57 AM

Re: Leaving convertible outside for winter?

Originally posted by Marky82
does anyone know if its ok to just leave the car outside expossed to the winter elements?

Mark
I wouldn't want to do that. If I did I'd have a good quality car-cover (I'd asked mom for one for christmas) and a tarp over the car-cover and I'd build a portable ceiling roof for the car too. Sorry to hear about the problem. I bet mom wants you to get rid of the sportscar. Mom's don't like their son's blasting around in high-powered machines.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:47 PM

Just tell her that you are starting a list so in the future when you are driving her @ss to the nursing home and she is crying out "Why are you doing this to me??" You can pull it out to remind yourself. Believe you me, she will start bitching ALOT less about small things like this. It works. Parents think that thier kids don't have any ammo to counterstrike. This one is a nuclear bomb.

Jeff D.

Last edited by PoorMan; 12-20-2003 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:30 PM

Ha ha ha.....well I convinced the rents to let me get a car cover so hopefully i won't be paying for all of it. I just started a new thread about what cover to get i'm debating between the noah and superweave from california car covers.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:32 PM

i would have to agree with poorman on that one ! whatever it takes onley the best for the Z