Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Just Tried Zaino For the First Time

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 05:53 PM

Unhappy Just Tried Zaino For the First Time

I've been browsing this forum as well as a few others and since Zaino seems to be the most popular product on virtually every forum, I decided to give it a shot.

I bought over $200 dollars worth of stuff including a few bottles of the spray, shampoo, Z-5, Z-2, ZFX, extra applicators and several Charisma towels.

I did the dawn wash, clay, another wash with Z-7, applied three coats of Z-5 with the help of my boyfriend two weekends ago and last weekend I applied two more coats of Z-2.

The product is not that hard to use. Application was pretty straightforward using thin coats and removal was pretty painless as well. The shine was nice but no where near what I was expecting. Since there was so much cult-like hype about this product, I was expecting something to blow me away, but quite honestly, it's no better than the shine I was getting when using Einszett. The level of gloss might actually be slightly higher, but Einszett is also very glossy and does a better job in bringing out a beautiful, liquid, red color on my SS. Slickness isn't any better with Zaino either, nor does the product 'bead-water' any better. When I was using Einszett, I was getting a good 3-4 months with just a single coat before i felt another application was necessary. As I was applying each coat, I kept telling myself that perhaps with the next layer, I will see Zaino's true benefit, but I kept getting disappointed each time.

However, the thing that really turns me off is the huge amount of dust that my car is now attracting. Even while buffing each layer off, I could easily feel the static that was buildling up on my paint. Normally, after a week of driving the car when protected with Einszett, there is hardly any dust at all. However, after ONE day of driving my car, my poor baby is literally covered in dust.

Is there something I might have done wrong? Please help!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:12 PM

I do not know which Einszett product your using, I have tried most of their products like Glanz and Express, and I found them to attract a lot of dust due to their silicone content, but the Glanz is a good product. Most "waxes" get a good shine because they use silicone oils and other oils, the oils go away fairly fast (depending on where you live, the amount of rain you drive through and so on) and the shine goes away as well, with Zaino wash after wash, or rain storm after rain storm your car should look the same, Zaino's shine is the second best things about Zaino, the first is how long it lasts. Did you use Z-6 in between applications? Did you finish with Z-6 after you removed the last application? What usually causes dust and dirt to stick to your car is the static from rubbing cotton towels on your car, the use of Z-6 will reduce that by 50% at least, there are many factors that could cause your car to collect dust, I have not found a product that stays as dust free as Zaino, and I did own 36 detail shops and we used a lot of good products over the years and believe I know something about polishes/waxes.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:39 PM

With the Zaino all I have to do is use a California Duster and a little Z-6 and it looks like I just polished it.

I think the shine is actually the 3rd best thing about Zaino.
1. Protection
2. Durability
3. Shine

But to me the shine is better than anything else I've ever used in over 30 years. Shine can be subjective though, unless measured by a machine, but in protection and durability, Zaino is the best.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:36 PM

guarantee

I was talking to the guys here about a product line and a product i really loved called quickshine from www.triggssupply.com all there items are very high end and have a 30 day money back guarantee they also said that zaino had the same guarantee i would get my money back ASAP and buy products what work like thay say.Check my post showcar care from bodyman jeff. I hope it works out for you JEFF
Old 02-04-2003, 10:55 PM

Well Jeff pickup a copy of The Wax Test at www.gurureports.org then you can see what was the best rated car polish/wax.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:14 PM

money back

Yes but if she is not happy will you give her her money back don,t you sell zaino yes or no.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:30 AM

Re: guarantee

Originally posted by bodyman jeff
I was talking to the guys here about a product line and a product i really loved called quickshine from www.triggssupply.com all there items are very high end and have a 30 day money back guarantee they also said that zaino had the same guarantee i would get my money back ASAP and buy products what work like thay say.Check my post showcar care from bodyman jeff. I hope it works out for you JEFF
Why does that stuff from Triggs have Telfon in it? Even the Meguiar's site says Teflon is P.R. B.S. ...

ARE WAXES WITH TEFLON ANY GOOD?
Professionals consider"Teflon" formulas to be empty hype. Even the maker of Teflon (DuPont) issued the following statement:

"The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon is beneficial in car waxes."

Meguiar's does not make any products containing Teflon.
Linky: http://www.meguiars.com/faq_2.cfm
Old 02-05-2003, 08:15 AM

Jeff, that is between the customer and the Zaino distributor, but if I sell to someone that is not pleased with the product, I review their process with them to make sure that the instruction were followed, and if the directions were followed and the customer wanted their money back then that is what I would do. I gave one person their money back one time, they did not follow the directions at all, about 6 months later I made a delivery to a person close to my home only to find out he was splitting the order with the guy I refunded the money to. I must say I am sorry to see that the product your pushing contains Teflon, because this is what Dupont the maker of Teflon has to say about putting Teflon in "waxes"

Although Teflon® is an exceptional product when used as intended, it provides no benefit in a wax or polish. According to G.R. Ansul of DuPont's Car Care
Products, Specialty Products Division, "The addition of a Teflon® flouropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that
indicates the use of Teflon® fluoropolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position." Manufacturers
of gimmicky, over-hyped products sometimes claim that their products contain Teflon®, hoping that the consumer will believe there is something special about that
product. Ansul also notes that, "Unless Teflon® is applied at 700 degrees F, it is not a viable ingredient, and is 100 percent useless in protecting the paint's finish." This
is hot enough that your car's paint (let alone your car) wouldn't survive.
Teflon® is a registered trademark of Dupont.

But I am sure you will tell us that you apply this at 700 plus degrees, that is what makes it work in this product.
I see you did not respond to my last post when I stated that Zaino was invented by a custom car painter, and a very good one at that, can your product make that claim?
Old 02-05-2003, 09:50 AM

OK, thanks for the information!

I tried to use Z-6 between coats, but I didn't use it every time. It was a lot of working layering those coats so I skipped the Z-6 steps on several occassions. Going forward, I'll be sure to do it.

Also, am I correct in assuming that washing with Z-7 this weekend will help alleviate the static I'm getting? I think I can live with the fact that in MY specific situation, Z tends to generate some static as long as it's only seen with fresh applications.

Last edited by TullyGirL; 02-05-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:18 AM

TG, that will help, I do not know what part of the country your in but when drying your towels in the dryer only dry them until they are damp, then remove and air dry the rest of the way, this will cut down on static as well, Z-6 cuts static but if towels are really "charged" that will transfer to the car.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:26 AM

I see you bought ZFX but did you use it? I don't see where you used it in your post.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:04 AM

hcvone,

Interesting. I'll try that next time too! I live in San Diego, which is a pretty dry part of the country.

Clean Adobe,

Yeah, I forgot to mention ZFX, but I did use it. Maybe I should have been more specific to avoid any confusion.

Strange thing I'm noticing is that the shine is starting to grow on me. This morning, my bf actually dusted and QD'd my car for me (which really scared me BTW) and the shine on my SS was really looking good! Better than what I remember from over the weekend.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by TullyGirL

Strange thing I'm noticing is that the shine is starting to grow on me. This morning, my bf actually dusted and QD'd my car for me (which really scared me BTW) and the shine on my SS was really looking good! Better than what I remember from over the weekend.
You know, strangely enough, I had the same experience the first time I used Zaino last summer...

I couldn't figure out why, but maybe after detailing the car, you are so used to starring at it, that you don't get the full 'umph' of it or something...

But when I went out the next day, I was like "Dayum! "
Old 02-05-2003, 11:41 AM

TG, the less humidty in the area you live the more static will be produced, try what I told you about the towels, I am sure it will help with your static problem.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by hcvone
TG, the less humidty in the area you live the more static will be produced, try what I told you about the towels, I am sure it will help with your static problem.

ha....move to Connecticut we have humidity up the @$$ Just get the california duster, I use it every morning, takes about 2 minutes then i'm off to work and the cars looking good. Also keep zainoing b/c as you add layers you will see the shine increase.

Quick Reply: Just Tried Zaino For the First Time