Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

I Used Zaino And Can't Get Residue Off

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 12:31 PM

I Used Zaino And Can't Get Residue Off

WHY DOESN'T IT COME OFF?
REASONS IM NOT HAPPY

#1 TAKES WAY TOO LONG TO APPLY AND REMOVE
#2 EXPENSIVE
#3 LOOKS UNEVEN IN REFLECTIVITY..

HAVE USED THE WHOLE KIT OVER ONE YEAR AND HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING..

IT IS SHINY BUT AT THIS COST......?????
Old 04-15-2003, 01:33 PM

Are you sure it was dry before removing it? If it's not dry before removing it, you have a losing battle on your hands, but that goes for any wax or polish. To test if it's dry you should be able to wipe your finger across the surface and have the surface come clean. If it's not, then it's not dry. You have to put this stuff on thin, to the point it's hard to see it on there, for best results and fastest drying time. Are you using ZFX with it? It really speeds up the dry time as well.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:55 PM

I've been using Zaino for 5 years and have never had ANY residue????

Zaino goes on and comes off easier and quicker than any of the dozens of other products I've used for over 30 years.

The only way it can not be even reflectivity is if you are not applying it evenly to your car or didn't prep it at all.

As far as expense, I know one guy who has been using his first supply of Zaino he bought for 2 years, of course he is very good at applying it thin as is supposed to be. Application per application Zaino is no more expensive than anything else, except the really cheap stuff.

Either you have no clue about using Zaino correctly or have never used it and just trying to start BS.

Last edited by Kevin V 2002 SS; 04-15-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:13 PM

I've been using Zaino for about as long as I've been a member here... both personally and commercially (used to detail cars). Never before have I seen anything resembling a residue from Zaino unless it wasn't dry... but in that case just wait a while and try again.

I wouldn't recommend applyying Zaino in anything below 50 degree weather personally. And even then if it's between 50 and 70 degrees I'd let it sit for an hour or so.

But if this is a persistant residue that won't go away despite any amount of time I'd be very inclined to say that the rag you used to apply or remove Zaino might have also been used to apply a chemical containing silicates such as Armor All.. either that or you might have gotten some overspray from spraying it elsewhere on your vehicle on your paint and got it smeared around.

This is a bigger deal than you might think. Even guys who paint cars for a living, despite major prep work, tend to have a hard time getting a paint job to look right on a car that has had silicone in contact with the paint. It can be some nasty stuff.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:45 AM

Re: I Used Zaino And Can't Get Residue Off

Originally posted by terry brugg
WHY DOESN'T IT COME OFF?
REASONS IM NOT HAPPY

#1 TAKES WAY TOO LONG TO APPLY AND REMOVE
#2 EXPENSIVE
#3 LOOKS UNEVEN IN REFLECTIVITY..

HAVE USED THE WHOLE KIT OVER ONE YEAR AND HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING..

IT IS SHINY BUT AT THIS COST......?????
It sounds like your using way too much Zaino, I can apply Zaino to my Vette in under 10 minutes (I know because I have been timed at a car show) it only should take 10-15 minutes to buff off the car. Most of my customers and myself can get 16-30 applications from an 8 oz bottle of polish, even if you add the cost of ZFX to that your only talking about a dollars worth of Zaino per application if applied correctly. If your car looks "uneven" in reflection then you have not removed all the Zaino. If you apply Zaino correctly you should be able to apply 2-4 coats per oz of polish, 2-3 is normal.

Last edited by hcvone; 04-18-2003 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:01 AM

You forgot reason #4....

Reason #4) Because I sell Formula113 and hate all Zainoers with a passion.

Do all people associated with F113 always type in all caps?

You guys, this guy posted a long while back about F113, I'm sure he's probably never touched Zaino, just trying his best to give it a bad name.

Grow up....

LoL...."looks uneven in reflectivity" that's pretty lame. Expensive? Ever seen a jar of Pinnacle Souveran for $70? Better yet....ever seen a cleaner wax (cough cough F113 cough cough) sold for $20....now THAT's expensive!

Wanna bash Zaino.....try www.gurureports.com and see where that 113 mess ranked....pretty darn low, couldn't even come out better than a standard Mother's cleaner wax that's $5 a bottle. LMAO

Does this thread look familiar to anyone? He sells 113 on his site.... so enough said! http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=13554

I don't understand you 113 guys obsessions with Zaino anyway. The two products are nothing alike, NOTHING, yet you insist it's better in every way. Wait, yes, I do understand.....it's something called JEALOSY! Bwahahaha The fact that 113 will never be a showcar product that people actually WANT to use tears all you guys up inside I'm sure.

Last edited by MikeLS; 04-16-2003 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:10 AM

I was wondering if this was the same guy that was banned 2-3 times before, each time using a different screen name.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:37 AM

Exclamation

Heh, well, this guys boss was banned a few times long ago if you remember that ordeal. Nothing new though as he gets banned from nearly every forum he graces with his unwelcome presence.

I happen to remember this guys name from the past as being with F113. (I don't forget easily, sorry dude!) I guess he thought we had forgotten all about him and who he represents, so that would make his little "Zaino bash" a little more believable. Please, the only person he's fooling is himself thinking that he's selling a "quality" cleaner wax. Hell, I could care less if that wax was the greatest stuff on the face of the Earth. The owner doesn't deserve my money.

Last edited by MikeLS; 04-16-2003 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:10 PM

If I want a cleaner wax, I'll head over to CSK or NAPA and pick up some Meguiars. I do my wifes car with Zaino and I have gotten 32 coats ou tof the bottle with about and 1 inch of product left. I've had it so long, I'm still using Z1. Zaino goes on very easy and on average, it takes me about 15 minutes to do her car (1999 GTP). I like to experiment so my Camry (I know don't kill me) I like the Vanilla Moose topped with S100 I'm using right now.
I did see at Barret-Jackson some *** using Formula 113 on a black 67 Vette. When he got done there were so many swirls my Father-in-law and I started laughing our butts off.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Clean Adobe
If I want a cleaner wax, I'll head over to CSK or NAPA and pick up some Meguiars. (I know don't kill me) I like the Vanilla Moose topped with S100 I'm using right now.
I did see at Barret-Jackson some *** using Formula 113 on a black 67 Vette. When he got done there were so many swirls my Father-in-law and I started laughing our butts off.

Hehehehe, I completely agree. In fact, if I wanted a carnauba cleaner wax, I would choose Mother's for $5, and it's easy to find everywhere. But the biggest thing, is that Mother's or Meguiar's is run very professionally. I've yet to see any hint of professionalism come from ANYONE that works for F113. Most of it is lies and BS.

Anyhow, I know what you mean about the S100. I've been doing a few experiements myself lately (who says Zainoers are complete zealots ) with S100, among others.

Here's the results: http://mls1.homestead.com/files/DCP_0005_10.jpg

http://mls1.homestead.com/files/DCP_0004_7.jpg

http://mls1.homestead.com/files/DCP_0003_8.JPG

http://mls1.homestead.com/files/DCP_0001_99.jpg

How's that for liquid looking shine? It's actually about 7 or 8 coats of ZFX topped with S100. It's a different appearance for sure, so I'm still deciding if it will have a permanent place in my detailing routine. I think I'll be trying another product(s) soon, and am hoping for good results. If so, it/they may become my official product(s) of choice.

Mike, RED with no swirls!

Last edited by MikeLS; 04-16-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:42 PM

Looks great Mike.

How do you like your G35? We are looking for a ew auto and that is my #1 choice. Problem is my wife spotted a Saab she likes. Even though I have never been a big Saab fan, this one isn't too bad.

I did a Meguiars #9, then Vanilla Moose then s100. This of course after claying, etc. The F113 just doesn't do anything for me. I have heard the BeadX (is that F113 product?) is pretty good, but after reading horror stories on dozens of MB's concerning the F113 ownership, they'll never get a dime from me.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:01 PM

Check your PMs.....

Mike
Old 04-18-2003, 01:04 AM

I just did my wife's car today with Z5. I know I put too much on it,but I did it on purpose. Still, there was NO residue whatsoever.

I let it sit for an hour. It was about 80 degrees.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:32 AM

Re: You forgot reason #4....

Originally posted by MikeLS

You guys, this guy posted a long while back about F113, I'm sure he's probably never touched Zaino, just trying his best to give it a bad name.

Grow up....

LoL...."looks uneven in reflectivity" that's pretty lame. Expensive? Ever seen a jar of Pinnacle Souveran for $70? Better yet....ever seen a cleaner wax (cough cough F113 cough cough) sold for $20....now THAT's expensive!

Wanna bash Zaino.....try www.gurureports.com and see where that 113 mess ranked....pretty darn low, couldn't even come out better than a standard Mother's cleaner wax that's $5 a bottle. LMAO

Does this thread look familiar to anyone? He sells 113 on his site.... so enough said! http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=13554

I don't understand you 113 guys obsessions with Zaino anyway. The two products are nothing alike, NOTHING, yet you insist it's better in every way. Wait, yes, I do understand.....it's something called JEALOSY! Bwahahaha The fact that 113 will never be a showcar product that people actually WANT to use tears all you guys up inside I'm sure.

Good job Mike, maybe if he wiped the crap off his car first the Zaino would stick to the oily mess caused by the product he uses now.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:08 AM

Re: You forgot reason #4....

Originally posted by MikeLS

Grow up....

I sure hope your right about that assumption or some poor guy just got yelled at for asking about Formula 113 and applying Zaino wrong. I believe Zaino is the best product over all but I would try Forumla 113 and S100 (i think thats it) if all I care about it the most shine for 1 day (like a car show). I would definately use Zaino before the winter though, no wax can survive a Connecticut winter. Also if he isn't that Formula 113 guy then just call Sal and maybe he can help with you with your application problem. I know when I first got Zaino I applied to much and thought it was crap too but then I kept practicing and got the hang of it.

Quick Reply: I Used Zaino And Can't Get Residue Off