Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

HELP MITH BLACK PAINT

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 06:51 AM

Question HELP MITH BLACK PAINT

greetings,i am new to this site,i am also new to owning a black car,i just took delivery of a 2002 ss ,black,i was wondering what are some recomendations for caring for this color without damaging it,what waxes,washes,wheel cleaners,type of wash mits etc.,please help me out thanks in advance dffishman
Old 03-30-2002, 09:13 AM

Smile

Hi dffishman, welcome to the board!

Black can be a very tough color to keep looking perfect since it shows every little imperfection. And, without the proper detailing tools and techniques black can look really bad in no time. As for polishes, I'd suggest you check out www.zainobros.com for the best in the biz. Read the site thoroughly and learn what each product is and how it's used. A good starter kit for your SS would be Z1, Z2, Z6, Z7, and Z18. Later, if you're more interested in the Zaino system, like most of us, I'd highly recommmend ZFX, Z5, and Z16, and a few others. Zaino is a synthetic polymer, umlike tradidtional waxes, and will give superior protection, shine, and ease of use.

Other general supplies you'll definitely need to keep your black SS looking good are 100% cotton wash mitts and buffing towels. Many of us here use Viking white chennile wash mitts, and Fieldcrest 100% cotton USA towels, either Royal Velvet or Charisma. As for wheel cleaners, I use Simple Green and/or Zaino Z7 car wash soap. Harsh wheel cleaners can dull your wheels finish if used regularly.

Good luck with the SS!

Mike

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
Shine by ZAINO! - Special Thanks to Sal Z!