Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Griot's paint sealant (wax) review

Old 06-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Post Griot's paint sealant (wax) review

Hello all!

Yesterday I decided to buy Griots paint sealant from Advance Auto Parts. It was a bit pricey at $15.99 for a small bottle, but I wanted to give it a try.

The bottle states that it is used by professionals looking for a "show room shine". It also claims to remove oxidation and swirl marks. Although I don't have oxidation on my paint, I did have a few swirl marks. That made me curious to try it.

After a long wash with turtle wax concentrate car soap, I pulled the camaro into the garage to apply the "sealant" out of direct sunlight.

I used a basic 100% cotton wax applicator to apply it to my car. The liquid quickly turned from an oily substance to a hard shell. After I waited for about 5 minutes, I buffed the shell off with a cotton towel.

What I saw underneath was quite astonishing. ALL swirl marks were gone. Fine clear coat scratches had also vanished. It seemed as if my car was repainted. See for yourself:

This one is after a short drive:

You can just see the brilliant shine that this product has returned to my 14 year old paint.

Another thing I would like to mention is the bottle size. Yes, it is small. It goes a VERY long way though. I did my entire car and used about a quarter of it. I would definitely rate this wax way above turtle wax and Mcguires. This stuff is up there with Zaino.

Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

Paint Sealant - Waxes & Sealants - Waxing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

Griots claims you only have to apply it once a year. It certainly made my car smooth enough to believe it

Last edited by 97z28k&N; 06-03-2012 at 12:42 PM.