Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

F**K Zaino!!! Crap RUINED my paint!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 09:01 PM

Yup this is the guy, I wish I could express how good of a buisnessman this guy is. I mean he shipped my stuff so damn fast, even sent me an e-mail from UPS when it was shipped and when it would get to me. Now I'm bothering him with all this stuff and he still answers my e-mails and tries like heck to help me. Stand up guy, and they are getting rarer and rarer by the day so give this guy his props. But if he sees my car he's gonna say the same thing I did, that somehow the applicator pad had grit in it. Bad, BAD luck for me but that's life. My GF knows a guy who does detailing work so maybe I'll try to get it buffed out. I may even try the Zaino again if I get it fixed or repainted but I'm gonna sweat a bit. Honestly this could ONLY happen to me, so don't let me give Zaino a bad name. Its just my incredibly bad luck.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:09 PM

Well zeropt99 when I went down today there were streaks all over the car, they were actually scratches. They were caused by either the Zaino or the applicator. Well my distributor uses the same batch I do so its NOT the Zaino. Like I said somehow the applicator got ALOT of grit in it. I retraced my steps trying to see how it got to be like that and there was nothing. I said before you should see my old applicator pad, its BLACK with dirt but it never put a single scratch on my paint. So how did this soft cotton applicator get so much grit in it that this happened?? I'm at a loss.....but again my luck is SO bad anymore it doesn't shock me. I'm actually afraid to go outside because if there's a meteor or a some faulty Russian satellite crashing to earth its gonna hit me on my head-no kidding. I'm at the point I can kinda laugh at it now, gonna go look for a four leaf clover tomorrow maybe.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:52 PM

how about some pics to back up your words? I don't beleive for a minute that the zaino or applicator itself caused this type of damage you talk about. If your applicator had grit in it, you couldn't feel it or see it? That's hard to beleive. Again, it's nobody's fault but your own for the damage done to your car. I feel there are other circumstances that you are leaving out.

------------------
'97 Trans Am Mystic, A4 13.41 @ 102.9
Minor engine mods - Hooker Long tubes, ASP underdrive pulley, K&N CAI, Hooker Cat-back, Custom y-pipe, MSD 8.5mm wires (Over the valve covers)
1LE suspension (springs, swaybars, elbow), BMR LCA's and PHR, Granatelli STB
Appearance Mods Polished Valve Covers, Konig Flight rims (17x9.5), Clear corners, Macewen Silver Guages
www.streetillusionsracing.com
My Page
Install Page
Old 05-17-2002, 06:02 PM

Ok for the last time. I CAREFULLY washed my car with Dawn liquid. I let it air dry in my garage. When it was dry I used the Zaino applicator to put a coat of Z1 on. Carefully using circular motions like your told to. When I was done I waited about an hour then used the backside of a Zaino applicator to apply a coat of Z5 using side to side (not circular motion). Took me about TWO HOURS for this process, I honestly never took this much time to polish a car EVER-but I figured with Zaino it would pay to take my time. The next day I took my 100% cotton made in USA towel (Canon brand) and began lightly polishing, it came off easily to reveal a mess of scratches in the cleacoat, some deep enough to catch my nail. You Zanio guys are unreal you remind me of the rocket scientists I dealt with with my first wife and her new Toyota Tercel, the car was brand new but rattled itself apart.....then a heat shield fell of the exhaust manifold. she took it back and they LAUGHED at her saying "There cars never break get out of here". I had to go to a damn junkyard and get another heatshield and put it on myself. you guys have the same arrogance and narrowmindedness its unreal. So its NOT possible the applicator had some nasties on it when i got it?? It did feel very rough for an applicator but I figured Sal Zaino knows best. Well put you damn money where your mouth is and come see my car before you call me a damn lair. I could borrow a digital camera yea but how am I supposed to show a pile of scratches that show when you look at the paint at an angle?? I could try but why bother, all I'd get is "Well they were there before". This is getting useless trying to plead my case here, its not like I'm asking for ANYTHING I'm just kinda frustrated I got this cherry very low mileage car after looking for 8 months to find a decent car that wasn't beat to death. If it looks like its gonna rain I don't drive it and its always garaged. I'm a lifelong Mopar guy but made the jump to Chevy since I loved the LT1 & LS1 Camaros. Couldn't afford an LS1 and the thumping motor scared me off so I went out and got the underdog. Geez man not ONE person has looked at my car you mean there are NO people that live close to me who are curious?? No they would just rather call me a lair and say it COULDN'T be any Zaino product that caused this.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:21 PM

I thought Carl said he be glad to come look at it. If you lived around me I'd come look at it BUT, it would be a VERY long drive for me.

I don't think anyone is calling you a liar, it is just really weird, since Zaino has no abrasives with which to cause scratches.

Maybe when Carl checks it out he'll know what might have happened to cause it.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 05-17-2002, 09:27 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kevin V 2002 SS:
I thought Carl said he be glad to come look at it. If you lived around me I'd come look at it BUT, it would be a VERY long drive for me.

I don't think anyone is calling you a liar, it is just really weird, since Zaino has no abrasives with which to cause scratches.

Maybe when Carl checks it out he'll know what might have happened to cause it.

</font>
Well Carl never got back to me, he's probably VERY busy since he's going to Monaco next week and I understand. Really thinking about it-what would it prove?? A guy like Mike Ls would come look at it then simply say the scratches were there when I bought the car and that's that. People are SO brainwashed about Zaino here trying to offer any "proof" would be laughable. You can't convince people like that of ANYTHING, if Sal Zaino said his dog could fart the Star Spangled Banner-certain people here would believe it in a second. I have NO DOUBT Zaino is one of the best products out there, you can't brainwash THAT many people unless you had a kickass product. Well I'm convinced for SOME reason my Zaino supplied applicator had a pile of grit in it. Did I feel it?? Well as I said before the applicator felt "hard" not soft like a cotton applicator would be, but what did I know?? I never used Zaino before and if this was the applicator they recommended I was damn well gonna use it. SHOULD I have used the applicator?? HECK NO!! See I was duped by the loyalty some guys show here, I was a damn fool and basically ruined my dream car. I don't even wanna look at the thing. Plus I already washed the applicator right after I used it (like Sal tells you to). Well as luck would have it I was letting it dry in the laundry room and my GF saw it while doing her wash and decided to help me out and wash it for me.......YIKES now I can see why Sal tells you to hand wash it. Its probably still usable but it kinda came apart on the one side. What's totally ironic is since my paint is trash anyway I might as well see how well Z5 actually hides scratches.......I'm gonna use the whole bottle over the next week or so and put as many coats on as I can. Then with the 8 or so coats I'll actually see what's up. I'm using an Eagle One foam applicator which I personally feel is WAY better than any cotton applicator-but we'll see. If it looks awesome I WILL post here and tell everyone about it. I think I eliminated what caused the scratches (I think) so we'll see what's up. If the stuff works awesome I'll give Zaino its due and sing its praises. If not I'll get the paint buffed out and try some of that Klass stuff. So stay tuned if you even care anymore

Old 05-17-2002, 10:22 PM

Exclamation

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baron4406:
A guy like Mike Ls would come look at it then simply say the scratches were there when I bought the car and that's that. People are SO brainwashed about Zaino here trying to offer any "proof" would be laughable.
</font>
Please don't put words in my mouth. I don't know your waxing or polishing techniques and I, or anyone here that I'm aware of, was not there to watch you Zaino your car, so honestly how can ANYONE confirm that Zaino caused the problems on your car after the fact, other than taking your word for it. At the least, I could offer products that would remove the scratches, but it seems you really don't want anyone's help here, but would rather complain about Zaino. You have given us very little information about your application or removal tools and techniques, so there's only so much we can suggest. Also, myself and many others here have used the Zaino applicators for years. I've got quite a few of Sal's apps collected over time and have never had a similar problem. Funny that NOONE has ever reported a problem with the Zaino apps until now. I don't know where or how you stored the applicator before you used it, but if you dropped it on the ground or soiled them, this could easily be your cause for the scratching.

Noone has brainwashed anyone into using Zaino. Do I believe in the product? You bet! Is it the best I've ever used? You bet! Will I continue to use it? Absolutely! You can call it brainwashing if it makes you feel good, I tend to prefer "enthusiast."

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
Shine by ZAINO! - Special Thanks to Sal Z!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited May 17, 2002).]
Old 05-17-2002, 10:37 PM

I know alot of people prefer the foam pads, whatever works best for you is cool, I've thought about trying them too.

But folks aren't "brain-washed" about Zaino. Most diehard users I know had to be convinced, just like I had to be. I've used more products than I can count over more than 30 years, I was just as skeptical about Zaino, but was willing to give it a try like I've done with all the other products. I was VERY skeptical, but Zaino ended up proving itself to me.

It is true Zaino users are probably the most defensive about a product, but ask yourself why. We had to be convinced, we may have tried Zaino from others discussing and recommending it, but it still had to prove itself to each of us. The times I've talked to Sal, he has never tried to convince me of anything, he always told me to "try it and see what you think".

I don't think anybody doubted what happened to you, but it did come across as you blaming Zaino polish, but with no abrasives the polish can't cause scratches. So yes, the Zaino gets defended rather vigorously, sometimes too much so, but no other product I've ever seen even comes close to the customer loyalty that Zaino has. As far as proof, the only proof that is good enough for me is what I prove to myself. And what can you possibly "prove" on a message board. Sometimes these discussions get a little to off the mark and folks take things the wrong way and say things the wrong way and it doesn't come across as intended. We shouldn't take things personally or react personally. We each have our preferences in what we like and dislike, from the model of our cars, to our beer, and yes to our car polishes, this is nothing personal.

I've helped alot of folks get started with Zaino, because I was one of the first in my area to ever use it and was willing to help. I know alot of the distributors end up helping alot of folks get started. Most Zaino users I know are more than willing to jump in and help someone IF they are in the vicinity.

I'm tired and rambling now, so I'll shut up, but hope I got my thoughts across.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 05-17-2002, 11:40 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeLS:
I don't know where or how you stored the applicator before you used it, but if you dropped it on the ground or soiled them, this could easily be your cause for the scratching.

</font>
DAMN...........I got the package,opened it.then went RIGHT to my car and went at it. The thing never left the box until I used it. Now you say there's NO way that applicator could have had crap in it, I must have dropped it. AGAIN you proved my point, no matter what you insist nothing could have been wrong with that applicator. However I KNOW how to wax a car, been doing it forever. You think I know if I drop an applicator on the ground not to rub the dirt in the paint?? DUH?? REALLY?? Again why fight this fight. Zaino guys will concoct ANY fantasy to deter blame from Zaino. So I was the one guy out of 1 million who got an applicator that had some crap in it?? Oh I forgot I must have dropped it then forgot I dropped it then rubbed the rocks into the paint while ignoring the screeching noises just so I'd have something to complain about on CamaroZ28.com. Yup that makes sense.I just gave an experience I had, now I regret even saying one bad word about Zaino, the stuff is holier than the Pope's underwear apparently. So Sal has invented a product line that has a 100% perfection rate and he has NEVER had ONE complaint about ANYTHING?? Then that's a record.

Old 05-18-2002, 02:57 AM

Anything is possible, but it does sound like Somehow, something got onto the applicator and thats what caused the scratches. In between z-1 and z-5 where was the applicator? and were your hands clean? I've never seen or heard of this happening, and I've been using Zaino for years on Several different cars.

I'd like to see before and after pictures...

------------------
Steph
Red '95 Z28
Loaded with T-tops & Leather
Just added: Chrome Y2K SS Wheels, Borla Catback
First run of the year...13.77@99mph

My Baby
Old 05-18-2002, 05:51 AM

Brian, as I said I am trying to get to see you before I leave, you told me weekends were not good for you, but I do not want to come up there if your not going to be around, it's an hour and half from me to you, I am trying to get up there on Sunday but I will call you first to see if you will be around. I still have no clue what could cause scratches that are that deep from one application of Zaino, that is why I want to see the car, this is the first time I have ever heard of an application of Zaino causing deep scratches, or any scratches, we just want to find the answer. Just try to understand Zaino has tens of thousands of users around the world and we never heard of anything like this before, that is what has us confused.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.
2002 Z06 Electron Blue/Mod Red

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: Zaino@hcvind.com
Old 05-18-2002, 08:49 AM

Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baron4406:
You think I know if I drop an applicator on the ground not to rub the dirt in the paint?? DUH?? REALLY?? Again why fight this fight. Zaino guys will concoct ANY fantasy to deter blame from Zaino.
</font>
You see, this is exactly my point. We try to offer you a cause or solution to your problems, and all you do is dismiss it as me or others making up a "fantasy" just so Zaino is not the cause. I can see I'm wasting my time with this, so I'm out...peace.

I guess the old saying "You can only help those that want to help themselves" really is true...

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
Shine by ZAINO! - Special Thanks to Sal Z!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited May 18, 2002).]
Old 05-18-2002, 05:50 PM

Mike its just my point that you never tried to offer anything, just that I messed up and Zaino could NOT have caused the mess. Well Zaino DIDN'T but the crappy applicator pad I got DID. I told how it felt very rough when I got it, but how was I to know?? It was supplied by them so I took it for granted it was good. As for everyone else here I never tried to stir anything up here, even though that's what happened. Really it accomplished nothing at all, I never imagined there would be such a mindwashed cult following when it came to Zaino. I mean to think that there wasn't a tiny bit of a possibility that my Zaino applicator had grit (or something) when I got it really took me back. I see now this forum is OK if you follow what everyone else does and not contradict anything that was said. This had become my favorite website but now all the reasons I despised guy's who drove Chevy's came into total focus the last week here. Attitude..........."YOU screwed up not our godlike product". TOTAL mistake to not walk the Camaro.Z28 line here and I see that. I'm now the buffoon who used a 60 grit sanding pad to wax his car with if you listen to certain "experts" here.

BTW for all others who care I did bite the bullet and apply Z5 with another pad last night and took it off just now and surprise-no new scratches. The Z5 did nothing for the old ones and it looks average for a car polish IMHO. I do have some Z2 but it would be kinda dumb not to get these scratches fixed first. I was gonna put a few more coats of Z5 on but from the looks of it, it would take alot more than 8 coats to hide anything..in fact now with 2 coats of Z5 the exisiting scratches I had are even more prominant. Of and Mike BTW it rained like heck today here in PA and you guessed it the Zymol stopped beading in spots on my Talon already after a week. So I'd only recommend that stuff if you wax ALOT or its not a daily driver. Also Carl if you wanna come tomorrow you can call me but I don't get off work until 5 tomorrow so it would have to be after that, unless you wanna come up and look at it without me here that would be fine with me the garage is open.
Old 05-19-2002, 04:38 AM

I do not think there is a Zaino mindwashed cult, just many happy users just trying to get to the bottom of your problem, I tested 8 applicators (the "roughest" ones I could find from the same batch on a black hood I use for testing) and I could not get them to scratch, just searching for answers. I am trying to get up there Monday around 5:00, as I said I just do not know if I can swing it before I leave.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.
2002 Z06 Electron Blue/Mod Red

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: Zaino@hcvind.com
Old 05-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Banned

Red face

I did not do this

[This message has been edited by MICHAEL PRISCO (edited May 27, 2002).]

Quick Reply: F**K Zaino!!! Crap RUINED my paint!!!!