95 lt1 opti in good condition

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:16 AM

95 lt1 opti in good condition

my opti crapped out cause antifreeze poured all over it when the water pump went bad. Lemme know if you have one for a cheap price....not looking to spend alot cause im planning on getting the coil packs.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:23 AM

I'm not sure what you're willing to pay but I have one or you can find them on ebay for cheap. Jason Cromer sells them new for about $200. The one I have is dirty on the outside but worked fine when I took it out at about 70k miles. I bought a new one because I misdiagnosed a problem that turned out to be an aftermarket ignition system. I was going to keep it as a spare but I really don't need it. I'll prolly go to the coil pack system also. Make me an offer and I can ship it to ya.

Dave

BTW my zip is 95834 so you can estimate shipping costs.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:06 PM

private message me or email me with the lowest youll take....Im not completely sure this is the source of the problem but i am almost certain it is. Seeing it has 70k on it and is used.....lemme know the bottom dollar cause i just need one to see if it is indeed the problem. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:24 PM

It sounds to me like you should try to find someone local who could lend you one. Or do like I did and bite the bullet and get a new one since it is such a pain to replace. I'm not in a hurry to sell so just let me know if you are still interested but it sounds like you are better off dealing local.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:28 PM

everything is already taken apart.....just need to get a replacement....shoot me your price
Old 04-21-2004, 06:47 PM

Hmm, I use to see a bunch of these on ebay but now I only see one that cam off a blown up motor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Looks like he wants $100 and no bites. $80 + shipping might be a fair price. If you don't want it that's ok. I should probably keep it since I have 2 cars that run it but I'll sell it to ya and help you out if you decide to get it from me. I know where to get more if I need one so no biggie. I'm kinda surprised that no one else spoke up. It is ready to ship if you want it.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:03 PM

hey - my water pump just went and poured coolant all over my opti on my 93 z......my opti is out of my car right now and is still in decent condition...it has 50k miles on it and i am not putting it back in my z b/c i got a new one.....let me know if ur interested cuz itz gonna be sittin around and my mech says it still looks real good....makes nearly no noise when you spin the little metal grooved rod on that stick out and the thing is really clean looking.....when i stopped in to check on my car i thought it was the new opti....neway just hit me back.......damn them opti's....this is my 3rd replacement!!!! in 4 years !!!!

Giovanni
Old 04-22-2004, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by Gio93z
hey - my water pump just went and poured coolant all over my opti on my 93 z......my opti is out of my car right now and is still in decent condition...it has 50k miles on it and i am not putting it back in my z b/c i got a new one.....let me know if ur interested cuz itz gonna be sittin around and my mech says it still looks real good....makes nearly no noise when you spin the little metal grooved rod on that stick out and the thing is really clean looking.....when i stopped in to check on my car i thought it was the new opti....neway just hit me back.......damn them opti's....this is my 3rd replacement!!!! in 4 years !!!!

Giovanni
Yours won't work on a '95. You may want to do the vented opti conversion. Search the archives or post up in the LT1 engine forum for instructions. The vented setup is much better and most last at least 70 or 80 k mi. Some longer depending on where you live.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:51 PM

Hmm, I use to see a bunch of these on ebay but now I only see one that cam off a blown up motor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sspagename=WDVW
Looks like he wants $100 and no bites. $80 + shipping might be a fair price. If you don't want it that's ok. I should probably keep it since I have 2 cars that run it but I'll sell it to ya and help you out if you decide to get it from me. I know where to get more if I need one so no biggie. I'm kinda surprised that no one else spoke up. It is ready to ship if you want it.
This one has 1,000 miles on it and he wants around 100.......yours has 70,000 and you want 80.....seems pretty high. Shoot me your best price and I may buy it.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:20 PM

i have one from a 95z , there is currently a sale pending on it, but if i dont get a payment within a few days, i'll let you know.

matt
Old 04-27-2004, 01:15 AM

i still need one
Old 04-27-2004, 10:18 AM

I still have one that seems perfect for your situation. What's your objection? If mine Is not right for you then maybe I can help you locate one.

Dave<--just tryin' to help
Old 04-27-2004, 12:45 PM

looking for one with less miles.....and if it has alot of miles...looking to get it cheap
Old 04-27-2004, 12:56 PM

There is a bunch on ebay right now.

BTW, How much do you think mine is worth?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:32 PM

dunno....never bought one....bit im finding brand new ones or with under 15000 miles for 100 or so

Quick Reply: 95 lt1 opti in good condition