Possible for trade 96 WS6 Ram Air TA 92k, new motor blk w/heads/cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:55 PM

Possible for trade 96 WS6 Ram Air TA 92k, new motor blk w/heads/cam

Ok, not sure just taking inquires at this point, but might be interested in trading my 1996 Ram Air TA, it's black with black leater interior, 92k miles, 6spd, fully optioned to my knowledge. T-tops etc...
orig florida car, no rust.

The Good:::::: I put easily $6k into this motor, and parts with it, not to mention the install charges. Motor was spec'd to put out about 400hp to the wheels after tuned. Car should run very low 12's or even 11's given traction and right tune.

Specs as best of my knowledge: And all parts listed below, unless stock have about 500 miles on them)
Fresh motor- 1997 low mile pull motor, new hone, new rings, new bearings, completely gone through and torqued to spec-stock pistons, rods, crank.
Heads-Lloyd Elliot ported 94 or 95 castings with stock sized manely valves. Flowed 264 on intake, I'll have to digup flow sheets or have him resend them to me if you need exact specs.

Cam-Comp Xtreme 233/236 112 LSA
LT4 HD timing chain
Rockers- Comp 1.6RR Non SA stud mounted
Injectors #30 FMS-cleaned and flowed prior to install
52mm Ported TB
LT-4 composite valve covers(vette)
Painted intake red to resemble LT-4
LT-4 KM

Energy susp poly motor, tranny and torque arm mounts.

Jet hot LT headers and Coated Ypipe

PCM-Madwolf tuning-OBD1 converstion !CAT, !EGR

Drivetrain-Tranny is good, no synchro probs WHATSOEVER. Shifts beautiful. Has Pro 5.0 shifter and Lous Shortstick
Spec STage IV(4) clutch. Very stout clutch. Will shudder if you don't give it enough gas. Takes some getting used to, but once you do it's nice.
Rear- Motive 4.10's-----They are new within about 500miles. Do whine at about 65-80mph. Hear this is farily common among 4.10's though. I trust the guy that setup my car, so I don't think it's a gear problem, but rather the typical 4.10 whine.

Just got an SLP 2OTL exhaust that is NIB and haven't installed, The exhaust on there now is "rattley" and is some cobbled up pos someone made with a flowmaster muffler.
Also new but yet to be installed. 255/310lph pump-got at comp motorsports, this is the higher pressure 255 pump guy said is more like 310lph in case I decided to spray motor in future. BMR crossmember brace and Sub frame connectors(weld in). Taylor OTV plug wire kit.
Appearance--17" Black ZR-1's with stock WS-6 Centercaps. Look tight on this car. Get lots of compliments on them.

Slotted and vented Rotors front and back!!!

Sound system-Alpine 9813 deck, sony front speakers, Phosgate(Fosgate ??? spelling) rears speakers, Kenwood amp and 10" Punch DVC sub in subthump stealth box. System sounds awesome.

The Bad:
front bumper cover has multiple nicks/chips from whatever got spit up on it over time, noticable when up close. Once your several feet away it's not an issue, but I'm **** about appearance.
Several small scratches here and there. Nothing to really worry me except a "ding" in drivers rear quarter that appears to have come from inside of fender like a rock got kicked up in there. There is about a 3-4mm ******d ding in that fender and about 1cm of spiderwebbing in the paint near it. Now again, onces your away from the car a bit you can't really say OMG that is bad, but it's there. Also, some scratches that are fairly deep in the moulding that runs under the drivers door. I wanna call it the rocker panal but I don't know really. would be really easy fix. coulpe of very minor door dings here and there. If I had to rate the exterior on a scale of 1-10 I'd say it's a 7 or so. Drivetrain is about a 9/10.
Interior, drivers side bolster is worn. Pass front seat has repair mark in leather seat bottom. I have some Newer covers for drivers upper seat and pass lower seat.

OK here are likely ?'s people will ask.
1) why am I selling?-----I get nagged at about 10x a day from my wife complaining about how much $$$ I spent on this thing and I rarely drive it
2) I want an automatic. I KNOW I KNOW!!!! 6spds rock, but I'm getting older and lazy and I just want an auto.
3) I'd like something I could drive more often and while this is dependable and gas milage is still over 20mpg on highway, being a black car it gets dirty fast and I'm too lazy to wash it often.

what I want or am looking for.
1994-2000 Trans AM, Automatic. Silver, Grey, White. Leather preferred. T-tops preferred. Some mods ok, but I don't want s/c or nitros car. I am willing to entertain offers on the car outright as well. I've had 2 Z28's so I don't really want another unless it's an LS1.

possibly interested in clean strong 2nd or 3rd gen plus $$$

Ideal trade car would be hotcam car with headers run high 12's or low 13's and have shiftkit/stall on tranny already

I will be taking pics in the next couple of days. I can forward them to people and I will host them as well.

I'm not afraid of high miles as long as drivetrain is solid. I would like no rust.

jcook84889@insightbb.com

Last edited by CoronaL; 05-04-2004 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:30 PM

Sent an email. I'm in Southern Wisconsin.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:38 PM

answered and ty for interest!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:46 PM

Corona I haven't recieved an email back from you yet. My address is srsterr@wisc.edu . Oh i forgot to put in the email the car also has a 2400 stall and one of those aftermarket trans pans with the tubes that run through it to cool it better that would go with it.

Last edited by OldSchoolSS; 05-04-2004 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:03 AM

resent mail
and TTT
Old 05-06-2004, 11:09 AM

i might be interested in this deal if we could work something out... shoot me an email at illegalactivist@yahoo.com. i drive a 96 trans am, A4... t-tops, leather... modded, but not too heavily... 103,000 miles.

- jay