FS: LT1 Vortech T-Trim with aftercooler (and other stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:16 PM

FS: LT1 Vortech T-Trim with aftercooler (and other stuff)

Hate to sell, but I no longer have a 4th gen...

LT1 Vortech T-trim kit pullied for ~12-14 PSI boost. Includes the brackets, tensioner, 2 belts, head unit, pulleys, hardware, oil lines, FMU (brand new, never used) and fuel lines, all ducting, and bypass valve. Can be set up for speed density, blow-through MAF (best option), or recirculating/bypass.

Aftercooler comes with the standard reservoir and a polished reservoir that replaces the battery (requires relocating battery to the trunk). Also comes with an upgraded heat exchanger. I will include brand new 3/4" heater hose for running all your lines. My lines were cut different for a custom 4" tube reservoir that hid inside the front bumper.

$2750 OBO shipped to the lower 48 for everything.

I only took pics of the major items. There's a lot more than just what's pictured:

Last edited by Roadie; 02-26-2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: lowered prices...
Old 02-13-2010, 12:42 PM

Some other stuff... I will accept reasonable offers. I'll likely ignore unreasonable ones. Prices do NOT include shipping:

BBK 52mm TB with TPIS plate $120 - SOLD!

LT1 intake ported / gasket matched to 1284 gaskets with fuel rails/regulator. TPiS block-off plates for EGR $140

LT1 intake runners cleaned up and opened up for 58mm TB. Bare intake $70

LT1 Polished alternator $120 *bling*

9 75lb/hr Delphi Low Z Injectors. 8 used, 1 is brand new. I bought a spare with the set, but never used it. $300

OBD-I PCM, socketted. 2 extra chips for a total of 3, and chip extractor tool come with it. If the tune fails, you're not left with a brick that you have to mail off to fix. You simply pop open the case, extract the old chip, and put in a new one. You can continue tuning and then send off the chip that you pulled to Ion @ madz28.com to fix. $140

LT1 solid motor mounts $40 - like new. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-62635/

A/C Delete pulley
LT1 stock brake calipers
LT1 A/C Compressor
LS1 A/C Condenser
LT1 power steering pump, reservoir, and lines
LT1 tensioner - like new
LT1 tensioner - pretty good shape
LT1 accessory bracket
LT1 rack
LT1 alternator (not polished)
Stock LT1 K-member (local only please - STL area)

Old spohn torque arm crossmember for long tubes with driveshaft loop. This is the crossmember only. Would make a good base to start building your own torque arm or to use as a SOLID super strong tunnel brace and driveshaft loop. Will let go cheap, but it's about 20lbs.

more odds and ends soon

-----
Only things that I'm interested in for trade would be a CSU blow-thru carb, EV hat, and a single plane carb intake that bolts to LT1 heads.

Last edited by Roadie; 02-26-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: lowered prices
Old 02-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Would you sell the aftercooler seperately? if so how much?
Old 02-14-2010, 06:43 PM

pm sent on head unit
Old 02-14-2010, 11:04 PM

I will separate the aftercooler, but I'd need $1000 and your pipe that goes from supercharger to throttle body elbow. That price would be a bit high for a regular aftgercooler setup, but the insulated battery box is not cheap, and it comes with an upgraded exchanger.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Here's a video of it installed and running...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bnrsDlq9o8

Notice I wasn't running a MAF, but you can see a small section of tube that replaces the MAF. That's included as well for speed density cars. The aftercooler tubing will work perfectly for both MAF and MAF-less cars alike.

And yes, the polished vortech elbow is included.

Last edited by Roadie; 02-15-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:04 PM

top notch seller.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
top notch seller.
Thanks Jon. I haven't talked to you in ages... Here's my new toy. 76 Formula 400 with 53k miles, no rust whatsoever. Head work, single plane, Holley carb, Crower cam, stall, shift kit, and 3.73 gears, so it's got a lot more pep than the typical 70s smogger engines... It's getting all kinds of suspension upgrades now.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM

Nice, how much did ya pay for it and where did ya pick it up? Imagine slappin that t-trim charged lt1 in there. OOoooo the fun you could have. I wish I hadnt bought another 4th gen after my other one got wrecked. I should have went old school and kept the drivetrain. In 2nd gen's though I think I prefer the camaro's. Something about the firebird headlight setup I never liked. Anyways, good luck on the sales and the car!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:44 PM

I paid $7500 for it from a guy in Wisconsin. He picked it up 3 months earlier from an auction. Prior to the auction, the car was locked up in a warehouse since about 1985. The first thing I did was flush all fluids and change everything made of rubber. The car still had the original tires from the factory on it when it rolled out of the warehouse. Needless to say, i have a perfect set of original 15" honeycomb wheels that I'm going to hold onto. The trim rings and center caps are worth big $$ already.

I also don't like the Firebird headlights from 1977 onward (they got REALLY ugly in 1979). This is a 1976 with the single 7" headlights that look very much like the Camaros.

All the drivetrain mods were done back in the early 80s, and I have receipts for everything... It's no longer original, but it is numbers matching, so I have no plans to drop any other drivetrain in it. I'm only upgrading stuff that bolts on and hanging on to every original piece I take off. I might not be able to make it 100% original, but I want to be able to undo everything I've done if the market for these cars goes through the roof in the next 10 years or so.

Anyway, back to the for sale thread... If anyone is interested in an S-Trim setup instead of the T-trim, blown94 would be willing to strike a deal to swap his S-trim and $300 for the T-trim head unit. So if you're looking for an S-Trim kit with aftercooler for $2600, this could be for you too!

Last edited by Roadie; 02-15-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 PM

TTT.

I also have a used vented opti and a set of MSD 8.5mm superconductor wires with less than 1000 miles that's also gotta go. $180+shipping. The opti cap has a few scratches from install, but it works perfectly. Comes with a very lightly used opti harness (4000 miles) too.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 AM

Ttt
Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Jlo

Payment sent for the TB...
Thanks.
Jlo
Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Lowered prices on just about everything... TTT
Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by roadie
lowered prices on just about everything... Ttt
ttt

Quick Reply: FS: LT1 Vortech T-Trim with aftercooler (and other stuff)