FS: 94 Z28 M6 with T-Tops

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 12:22 PM

FS: 94 Z28 M6 with T-Tops

The car is located in Huntsville, Alabama.

It is Purple Pearl Metallic, only 7xxx made, EVER. If the color is a turn off, although I love it, it looks dark gray most of the time.

The body has 142xxx on it. Gray cloth interior, power everything.
The t-56 was replaced at some point in time before I owned the car, dunno when, but I don't care a whole lot because it shifts like a hot knife through butter, synchros are good in all gears cept reverse occasionally.

The previous owner replaced a decent list of things. in the last 20k miles.
He replaced the shocks/struts, whatever they are all around as well as the ones on the hood. He also replaced the brakes with OEM stuff. The optispark was also replaced and works great.

When I purchased the car at 133k miles on it I replaced the rear tires with BFG KDW's that currently have 80% tread on them. The front tires have Sumitomo's with 65% tread.

The waterpump was replaced around 135k miles. Also has 160* thermostat.

At 138k miles I had a lifter fail, it got a flat spot on it and chewed through the cam, yay. When I had it apart I put in all new OEM lifters, a mild lunati cam that is about equal to the LT4 hotcam. I recieved a great deal on some stock ported and polished heads(2k miles) that have upgraded 1.6/2.02 stainless steel valves in them and some slightly larger springs. It does have OEM rockers.

While this engine work was being done the EGR was removed as well as the AIR pump. Also the throttlebody bypass was done, but thats easily reversed if you don't want it, although its a dyno proven free mod.

The car sounds very mean with a flowmaster 3" catback and no cat. It also has a custom 3 1/2" intake with a K&N cone filter on the end, I do have the stock intake at home to include that has a K&N as well.

The car has an LT4 knock module in it and also has a tune done by myself with tunercats although im sure a custom pro tune would be a little better. I did the normal stuff like disabled skip shift and that kind of stuff as well as some more timing and what not. I will include the laptop cable for that as well as Datamaster and Tunercats to do your own tuning.

So whats wrong with this car? The passenger side tie rod is bent that causes a vibration up above 90mph because the car is slightly out of alignment from it I believe. It has pretty dark tinted windows, but the tint is starting to look bad from the runners in the doors I guess. The drivers side window is pretty slow, but will make it up usually without help, but always with help. AC works but needs to be recharged as it was discharged to do the cam install. I am selling the car because I want a bike. I orginally was deciding between a small truck and a bike or this car. I love this car, its great to drive, but I have a need for speed and want to have a bike, and probably kill myself on it.

This car is very strong and a ton of fun to drive, I test drove an 03 Cobra and was not impressed and was happy to get back in my car after the test drive. This car has taken LS1 WS6's on the street, walked a 400fwhp GST from 80-130 and stuck with a Supra 400rwhp TT through 2 gears before getting walked in 3rd. This car needs some headers to become a total terror.

I'm asking $5750 OBO for this car, most of the car has been replaced outside of the bottom end that looked fantastic when everything was apart this summer after the lifter problem. I have recipts for all the repairs that I did, but not the previous owner or for the heads, but I may be able to get those from the last owner of them.

If you have any question feel free to email me at swazeyg@uah.edu

Last edited by TigerWoodsJr; 10-09-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:25 PM

Re: FS: 94 Z28 M6 with T-Tops

Old 10-09-2004, 03:40 PM

Do any trading on a four wheeler?
Old 10-09-2004, 03:41 PM

no, sorry, but I would trade for a bike and cash.