89 RS For Sale Cheap-Low Miles!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 07:32 PM

89 RS For Sale Cheap-Low Miles!

First and foremost: Send ALL emails to DunawayD@twmi.rr.com or there is a very good chance I will not get the message!!!
The car is a red 1989 Camaro RS. The car is a hardtop, with LO3 motor and 700R4 tranny.

Drivetrain: The motor is a 305 TBI(LO3) that runs beautifully. Shows 55psi of oil pressure during cold idle, 45psi when hot. Burns no oil except for the signature puff on startups(only if the car has been sitting for a few days, otherwise there is no smoke) No knocking or other bad noises. The odometer shows jsut 57k miles. As with any 15 year old car the possibility exists this is actually 157k miles, but as well as the motor runs, 57k is very believable.

The transmission in the car was originally from a 1988 L98 IROC. I was told it has been rebuilt, and shifts well enough for me to believe that.

The interior is black and in excellent condition aside from the typical rips on the driver seat bolster. The headliner does not sag, the dashpad has no cracks, and the seats and carpet are stain-free. I installed an Alpine 9801 cd player which I would like to keep, but can be sold with the car for an additional $150. Car has power windows, and locks, which work perfectly. Also has cruise control, but Im not sure if it works since I never use it.

The body overall is in good shape. There is no rot anywhere, only minor surface rust on the underside of the trucnk deck. There is flaking clearcoat on the hood and deck. The car has various minor dings, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The car has a newer alternator, catback exhaust, and a new heater core and rear swaybar endlinks will be installed tomorrow. The only mechanical flaws are that the car needs an alignment, and the heater core leaks(see above)

The car originally had 15" wheels, but I added 16" wheels from a 91 RS with nearly brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE 730's size 245/50/16.

All this car needs to be beautiful is paint, and a driver seat.

I am asking $3600 or best offer. My interests are changing and I can't afford to keep this car along with a new project, as much as I wish I could.

If theres ANYTHING you'd like to know that i havent covered, please email me at DunawayD@twmi.rr.com or call me at 734-751-4724. The car is in Livonia,MI and I can make myself available if youd like to see it and drive it. Pictures are available, just email me.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:47 PM

bump