1991 Z28 5.0L 5 speed TPI LB9 (in AZ)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:12 AM

1991 Z28 5.0L 5 speed TPI LB9 (in AZ)

This isn't some gussied up 6cyl, or some teenage hack job V8. This is a real, factory 5-speed 305 c.i.d. (5.0 Litre) Tuned Port Injection V8! It appears to be a somewhat rare combination. According to info I found on the internet, it boasts 205 hp/285lb torque. It has 118XXX miles. Nobody has added aftermarket "performance" ignition parts, or headers or other "hot rod" stuff. Except for wear/tear parts, this car is as it left the factory. There isn't a speck of rust anywhere on this car. The carpets are clean, the seats show little wear (except the side of the driver's seat - see pics), and the dash is NOT cracked! The paint is in good shape for a 16 year old car with major issues limited to the nose which was covered with a bra but instead of protecting it, the bra dulled the paint and really messed up the paint on the lower front spoiler (again, look at the pictures - my wife disagrees that these are "major issues"). The hubcaps were removed to keep them from disappearing, but all 4 are included, as is the front license plate bracket. The most pressing issue for some people would be the fact that the windshield is cracked (although at least its replacement would rid the car of that lovely CAMARO decal across the top!) Even the automatic hatch closer motor works! And look at how clean that engine is. I vacuumed the inside and waxed the outside, but left the engine compartment alone. That's how they got it, and I didn't want it to look like there was anything being hidden. There are no "Check Engine" lights, and the picture of the dash is shown with the car running to prove it (the e-brake was set to keep from rolling down the driveway).
All of the pictures I have can be seen here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...aro/?start=all I can take additional pictures of anything specific if needed, but be reasonable. A picture of the build sticker can be found there as well.

For the record, this car is used, and is sold AS IS WHERE IS. It is in great shape for a car of its age but is not "mint". It does NOT smoke, cough, spew fluids or have any major operating problems. It runs strong, stops, and turns like a car should