Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Liberals
25.58%
Conservatives
58.14%
NDP
6.98%
Green
2.33%
bloc quebecois (for Armen)
6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Who are you going to vote for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:16 AM

Re: Who are you going to vote for?

Originally Posted by bunker
Second, what are you talking about??????? Defend yourself, take your skinny a$$ to the Gym buddy, if you think of using guns to defend youself over rape/violence, I'm sorry but I think you're watching too many movies, we here in Canada are pretty safe, and if you do encounter a small jibby jobber robbery, use your muscle not a gun, this is why we can't allow guns around here, cuz people like you would think of defending your sorry a$$ with that.
So in a way what your saying is you rather see your woman get raped or even killed in her own home then see her defend herself with a gun?? Yeah maybe if she works out all day she might have a chance at guy carring a knife

It's a pretty sad day when people care more for the criminal then there victim's.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:52 PM

Lots of iffy numbers being thrown around here.

Jimbo's Texas numbers are on the low side. 7.7? OK that may be the state rate, but Houston is at 12 and Dallas is at 15 (all per capita). BC would have a low murder rate if we used Port Hardy, 100 Mile House, and Queen Charlotte Islands in the calculation. But to actually make the numbers mean something, we use large cities (Vancouver 2, Victoria 1 which both blow away any comparable city in Texas).

Comparing the state of Texas to the city of Washington DC in murder rate is hardly apples to apples. One is a large mostly rural place while the other is a dense cesspool of ghetto. Besides, DC has little in the way of funding for their police force since all the Federal buildings are exempt from property taxes.

I'll just repost what I said in the other thread concerning gun related crime:

I'd venture that Michigan has one of if not the highest amount of gun owners in the country. Yet you don't hear about Michigan being the low crime state very often do you? In fact Detroit's numbers are:

(per 100,000 people)

Murders 41.8
Robberies 653.6
Stolen cars 2480

Vancouver BC vs Dallas TX

Murders: 2.1 vs 15.8
Robberies: 153 vs 647.7
Stolen cars 1261 vs 1479.3

Now obviously, guns are far more prevelent in Dallas than they are in Vancouver. So why the higher crime figures for Dallas? Even if we compare Vancouver to Seattle, you'd see that Seattle has:

Murders 4.5
Robberies 271.7
Stolen cars 1432

The only places with a lower murder rate than Vancouver in the USA list are Honolulu, which also has very low rape, assault, and stolen cars. Yet Hawaii has gun laws that make California's look tame by comparison. And Virginia Beach.

Canada crime rates (chart on bottom of page)
USA crime rates
Old 01-21-2006, 05:26 PM

Is justifyable homicide included in the "murder rate?"

I would like to point out right now, the three big "anti-gun" countries; UK, Australia, Canada.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_rap_percap
All three of them have substantially higher levels of RAPE than does the United States. 7.7% of all firearms used in self defense in the U.S prevent against sexual abuse or rape.
Gord, how else are women supposed to protect themselves? Consider pepper spray isn't a good detterent, and some people are immune to it. Not to mention it doesn't make a lot of noise and draw attention.
Same goes for robbery victims:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_rob_vic

And guess what? Total crime victims were higher in Australia, Canada and the UK, compared to it's gun-friendly country, the US of A.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_tot_cri_vic

31 states which issue permits to several licenced gun owners. Take your chances trying to rob them or rape them.

Last edited by mr00jimbo; 01-21-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:33 AM

Conservative Minority; take that Gordy
Old 01-24-2006, 01:05 AM

we all saw it coming 2 weeks ago... lets see what the conservatives can do about it..

also, if you didn't vote, you don't have the right to bitch, b/c you didn't air your views..
Old 01-24-2006, 03:05 AM

Liberal

I'm not goin to get into why I'm new
Old 01-25-2006, 04:06 PM

Jimbo, what party got in, in your riding?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 PM

Liberal. Gord, saddle up I'm going to take your liberal *** shooting.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:12 PM

That means that both you and Dohhunter's votes ultimately were cast for Liberals. They won in his riding too.

Would you like to confiscate your gun now or later?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gord's Green Z28
That means that both you and Dohhunter's votes ultimately were cast for Liberals. They won in his riding too.

Would you like to confiscate your gun now or later?
How about quarter past never. BC Liberals are against the ban anyways. So cut your hair off and ask your wife (if you're a liberal she wears the pants) if it's okay if evil Mr00 can take you out shooting.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tony89GTA
So in a way what your saying is you rather see your woman get raped or even killed in her own home then see her defend herself with a gun?? Yeah maybe if she works out all day she might have a chance at guy carring a knife

It's a pretty sad day when people care more for the criminal then there victim's.
BLA BLA BLA, thats all this is.

Rapists are smart, they first study the woman before they commit, I'm sure she'll have time to get that gun out, and if she was carying one, I'm sure this rapist would take it away LOL.

I mean come'on, if a rapist can drag a woman out of her own car when it's running when all she has to do is press on the gas, what makes you think she'll have time to take her gun out faster? LOL.

Best weapon of all, don't wear make up and show your belly when you're alone, I'm sure I'd get jumped all day long if I walked around with cold hard CASH in my hand counting it in the middle of the night too, just don't do it and you are a million times safer, so safe that your chances of having a heart attack at an early age are more likely.

Last edited by bunker; 01-26-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:22 PM

BLA BLA BLA, thats all this is.

Rapists are smart, they first study the woman before they commit, I'm sure she'll have time to get that gun out, and if she was carying one, I'm sure this rapist would take it away LOL.

I mean come'on, if a rapist can drag a woman out of her own car when it's running when all she has to do is press on the gas, what makes you think she'll have time to take her gun out faster? LOL.

Best weapon of all, don't wear make up and show your belly when you're alone, I'm sure I'd get jumped all day long if I walked around with cold hard CASH in my hand counting it in the middle of the night too, just don't do it and you are a million times safer, so safe that your chances of having a heart attack at an early age are more likely.
So you would rather see your woman get raped or even killed in her own home then see her defend herself, LOL.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tony89GTA
So you would rather see your woman get raped or even killed in her own home then see her defend herself, LOL.
Haha just goes to show your intelligence level, I mean you could have read what I said, but it's ok, I know you did read it and you agree with me 100%, you agree with me so much that you were left speechless, so speechless that you just repeated the last statement.

Hats off to ya!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:58 PM

Haha just goes to show your intelligence level, I mean you could have read what I said, but it's ok, I know you did read it and you agree with me 100%, you agree with me so much that you were left speechless, so speechless that you just repeated the last statement.

Hats off to ya!
Na.. that's just how I talk to Liberals, no point in having a intelligent conversation.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:43 AM

(in BC)
NDP +5
LIB +1
CON -5

Just for Jimbo's sake.

Quick Reply: Who are you going to vote for?