Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Sunday is ON

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:46 AM

Sunday is ON

Well guys I do not know where to start. Thanks a million to everyone. Sunday IS happening as there are still things to do and I'll also be finishing up NEXT Saturday with the intake and the front suspension and hopefully getting the car started.

There are so many people to say a big thanks to. Everyone made a contribution but I think I have to say special Kudo's to Mike (Sleeper) and Johnny and a new guy to the group that I think has made a temendous impression, Sarjinda Bains.

I think that something like 22 - 25 peeps dropped in for some time or another and I think propably 20 folks swung a wrench at one time or another. We got a lot done and I think it showed me more then anything how long it would have taken to do this all on my own.

Thanks to Ken (Iroc383) for the compressor. Made a big differance installing the the torque arm. There was PJ rebuilding the back end. Todd and Jack with painting and the front shocks. Craig was here all day working on the rear end and everywhere else for that matter. Houman, Rob, Mike and a fourth person managed to get the tranny in with great difficulty given I did not have a clutch alignement tool.

Richard (the Watcher) was here helping, Charles with the dremel, Mike (ZedZag) doing some interior work amongst other things. Of course there was Matt and Payam doing what they do best, headers and plugs. Armen came in his Sunday best White shirt, but I got him to re-install the shifet and concule Aly was here for a number of hours as well.

We had a new guy, Dave and his friend stop by for a couple of hours to meet the gang and watch.

Mike was here all day, cooked lunch and fed about 18 people a HUGE meal of steak, chicken, giant mutant prawns and potatoes.

Chris (Camaro Chriss)was here, Brent and his friend (Jeff I think his name was). Sorry if I forgot anyone else but remind me if I did.

First to arrive was Mike at 9.00 am and Johnny about 10.00. We had some problems getting the motor on the mounts. The clutch was a challenge, so was the torque arm. Mike left at about 7.00 PM to go home and work on his own car. WTF. What a guy.

Thanks again everyone. I know a lot of you are coming again tomorrow and lets have another great day of socializing and working. I had a great day and hope everyone else enjoyed themselves.

Indeed, we really should do this a few times a year. A mod day where a few guys can get the community to help on their cars. I'm happy to volunteer my house, so keep it in mind.

See ya tomorrow. Time for bed, i'm tired

Last edited by 97TA-WS6-Con; 02-09-2003 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:53 AM

Good to hear. Cya tommorow.
CoryM
Old 02-09-2003, 01:58 AM

OH

I'm also a little low on beer. i'll have more pop and juice but is someone has a six pack or two i cover the cost of bringing it.

Charles ru coming Subday? (He brought a Big Bubba that we did not crack open)
Old 02-09-2003, 02:11 AM

Thanks for a great time Shaun!!! I learned a lot and definetly enjoyed working on the car. Thanks for the fuel pump and the great hospitality. Food was awesome, my compliments to the chef!!! Oh yeah, just one thing Shaun, and I'll scratch it up to meeting me the first time and even though my name was on my Goodwrench shirt, it's spelled Sandeep Bains LOL but hey, call me whatever, although I might not respond. I can't wait till your cars done, definetly gotta go for a spin in it when it's done.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:43 AM

..I'm very glad you guys enjoyed the food...sorry about some of the undercooked items...it's hard to cook in the dark and 14 wolves behind my back...pressuring me ..oh well..I had a great time and look forward to seeing everyone in the MORNING...Mike
Old 02-09-2003, 04:07 AM

i had an AWESOME time ..

sorry i coudlnt make it earlier .. did the best i could.

hope she fires up soon and all goes well
Old 02-09-2003, 04:11 AM

Thanx for the great time Shaun...I learned a whole lot today and am sorry I couldnt stay longer...I cant come out tomorrow but if you need a hand next saturday just let me know. All I ask is for a ride when its all done
Old 02-09-2003, 04:25 AM

Thaks Shaun, It was a fun day.........even though I didn't do much...hey at least I learned a thing or 2.......and it was also nice to see everyone again.....I hope everyone comes on the 23rd
Old 02-09-2003, 04:34 AM

... a ride in that TA = .. all three combined ..

i know cuz i was ridin it for a month .. i have no doubts it'll be more driveable this time around ... cant wait to go for a ride in her again

i couldnt wipe the stupid smile off my face when iw as driving it

we'll see if the bottle would have the same effect on my own car
Old 02-09-2003, 04:41 AM

Hopefully when I come tomorrow I actually do something besides talk and stuff

I'd like to give ChriSS a huge thanks for the tires and the use of his Auto-Tap, I owe ya something man

Blair
Old 02-09-2003, 04:44 AM

The bottle will have a different effect on your car payam, its called a special effect! ) hahaha

Yeah this was definetly a fun time, I dunno if I can come over tommorow again, definetly next saturday, darn homework
Old 02-09-2003, 04:48 AM

Hehehe, white shirt indeed, that centre console was tricky.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:49 AM

Originally posted by NiteRider
Hehehe, white shirt indeed, that centre console was tricky.
sarcastic? I really wouldent know
Old 02-09-2003, 05:40 AM

We defintely had a great time Saturday. First of all, thanks Shaun for the amazing hospitality - your family and neighbours in general made us feel at home. I was only able to stay until 4:30, but in that time we got alot accomplished . Special thanks to Johnny for showing me how NOT to install an opti . Mike, your chef/mechanic skills are amazing, and Sandeep your leadership and knowledge are second to none. Thanks to the rest of you for your time, teachings, and patience.

Shaun, I just got home (3:30 am ) so its unlikely I'll be able to make it tomorrow (Sunday). I will do my best to be there next weekend though.

Thanks again guys for all your help and support .
Old 02-09-2003, 12:15 PM

oh stop guys... ur making me blush You ever seen a brown man go red? haha.. Anyways not too be too modest, but you guys taught me a lot more then I knew before, and I still have a lot more to learn.
Shaun, My wife has just informed me that today is one of my nephews b-days. And since it's her cousins kid..... Well let's just say My sofa ain't that comfortable!!! I'm hoping to be out of their by 4-5, and I'll swing by after that. Damnn I wanted to be there..... I will call you as soon as I know.

Quick Reply: Sunday is ON