Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Pics and detailed damage report...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 11:36 PM

Pics and detailed damage report...

I went to my friends house, took the wheels off, looked around and here are my observations

1- the rear end is OK !!! .. at least it appears so...
2- the passenger wheel had binded with the rear brake caliper causing it to cease
3- the driver side slick is blown
4- the rear end on the passenger side is shifted backwards about an inch or so (but the LCA is straight, all the mounts are in mint shape, nothing is bent ... go figure !!!look at pics and tell me what u see wrong...)
5- the lower A arm took most of the toll, its bend to sh*ts... (need an A arm asap, Rickerby call me asap please)
6- shock is sitting crooked, but i think the hal is ok .. the top bushing has give.. so the shock is fine as far as i can tell

so right now .. i know that the following 3 have happened

1- i blew the passenger slick
2- the driver side (rear) wheel had binded with the caliper causing it to cease
3- i hit the wall

now i have no idea in what order these 3 have happened

heres a quote from larry pfister (the camera guy who video tapes the runs)

" I did notice your right rear made a heavy rubber mark, then nothing, then another heavy mark on the track just before the tire marks slide sideway into the wall.

We can 'guess' that if the right rear stopped you would turn right. That's the best I can figure. I do have a few pics after the fact I can get for you, just let me know how many copies you would like as the roll is still in the camera. I probably have about 6-10 different angles. "

so if any of u can help uncover this mystery that would be great so it wont happen next time

anyways .. heres the pics .. look thru them and tell me what u can figure

http://www.sfu.ca/~pkavousi/Carnage/

ps. as it stands now. i am in need of the following asap

fender, door, lower A arm (passenger), loaner wheel and tire, or if someone finds a chrome SS wheel i'll buy it. dash, and windshield...

thanx again to all

ps. the car is now in my own garage .. and it starts and runs .. but barely drives due to front wheels !!

Last edited by sideways_Into_3rd; 04-19-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:13 AM

Looks like the housing is bent back on the Pass side. I can get it fixed but rear end will have to come apart. check it with a straight edge across the front.

Again just Glad you are OK!
Old 04-20-2003, 01:32 AM

I have 2 loaner salad shooters you can use for as long as you want.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:17 AM

All that matters is that your okay bro. The car will be up and running again and kicking *** in no time. Best of luck...I know nothing about cars, and personally never met you, but if you ever need help doing anything (you'll have to instruct me. lol)..im there for ya bud.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:31 AM

hey payam ill email u some links to buysell ads
i bought some crap off a guy on there and he already made his money on all his stuff so just low ball him, he'll do it

So ill email u those buddy!
GOod luck gettin her fixxed!

-Oliver
Old 04-20-2003, 10:44 AM

Sorry Payam. The one I have is a drivers side A-arm. I just checked.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:01 AM

It looks like the spring is bent on the front passenger side? It may just be an optical illusion with the camera angle though.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:05 PM

hey payam, i find out from work on monday what we got. let me know what you still need cuz i got a bunch of body parts and dash (i think) let me know what you need and ill have a looksee, we'll get this thing together in no time
Old 04-20-2003, 06:51 PM

Is your K member straight? Looks like it got a lil tweaked in one shot.
I Can't tell on your photos if the rear is straight or not, cause there is no shot to see the whole piece everything is close up.

Did you miss shift? Sounds like something like that happened and with the tires so low in pressure just knocked it off bead. Not sure though as I have not seen the car in person

Glad your ok as cars come and go
A new nick has been born SIW "sideways into the wall"
Old 04-20-2003, 07:36 PM

steve: i didnt miss a shift .. i just shifted hard into 3rd and lost it soon after .. though jason says he saw smoke come from my right tire BEFORE i lost it .. so the weld could've gotten warped or for whatever reason only god knows it binded against the caliper and ceased .. i'll have the K member and rear end checked at the frame shop cuz i will have the frame checked for sure... if the K is bent up then i guess its time for a BMR piece

Jason: i got a door today for $100 .. complete door .. as it stands now i need a rocker panel, rear 1/4 panel and a dash

there is a complete dash on eBay going for around 160 usd .. 1 day left on it .. if u can tell me how much u'd sell me a complete dash for that would be awesome . cuz the guy wants $60 usd to ship to WA

as far as a windsheild goes, i think i can have one installed for $250ish (new windsheild) done by a mobile guy i was referred to...

jason, give me a call .. i lost ur number again
Old 04-20-2003, 07:41 PM

have u looked into getting one of those plexglass windows???? there lighter, won't crack, won't scratch, work the same as a normal window i believe
Old 04-20-2003, 10:17 PM

It looks to me like that the right rear wheel siezing to the caliper could of caused the accident. If that tire locked up on you it would explain the car pulling to the right. I think that the rear brakes have a floating caliper, do they not? The caliper could of came in contact with the rim that way. I remember having to grind down the caliper to fit those rims on, and as the breaks wore out the caliper may have got closer to the rim?????
Old 04-20-2003, 10:42 PM

I think payam just had to much power to the ground, went a little sideways on hes shift and went into the groove like I did. You'll never know untill it's to late. Slicks on little pebles and crap sweaped up to the side will for sure make a car spin out on control.

Since I lost it on the track myself I know the first thing to consider is exactly what i said above.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:14 PM

Payam...I'll sell ya my lower BMR tubular a-arms...500.00 cdn...I paid 650.00

Old 04-20-2003, 11:16 PM

Originally posted by sleeperZragtop
Payam...I'll sell ya my lower BMR tubular a-arms...500.00 cdn...I paid 650.00

oh so tempting ... hey arent they all cut up and grinded down and butchered ??? $400

i'll see if i can get any pitty funds from family if i can afford to buy them after the car is painted i will

Quick Reply: Pics and detailed damage report...