Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

To Johnny et al.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 10:13 AM

To Johnny et al.

I sure you, Jazz, Perry, Sandeep etc. don't hang out with the brothers that keep winding up dead.

Of course I'm sure you do not but your community seems to be dealing with and ever increasing and larger vicious circle.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:17 AM

Re: To Johnny et al.

What are you talking about?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:06 PM

lol, We all know somebody whose a thug, or somebody who's been killed as a result. But IMHO if you want to play that game expect to lose. Nobody ends up on top for very long. There'll always be someone stronger and more ambitious ready to take you on. And yes we are facing a very growing problem. A lot of it roots from the old fight for pride or forever be shunned mentality and some of it roots from bad parenting and the wrong kind of peers. There are alot of anti-gang groups now that are geared to stop the growth of East-Indian Gangs. Corsa and Virsa are a couple of the groups.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by 97TA-WS6-Con
I sure you, Jazz, Perry, Sandeep etc. don't hang out with the brothers that keep winding up dead.

Of course I'm sure you do not but your community seems to be dealing with and ever increasing and larger vicious circle.
Is there a question in there I am not seeing??? or you just wanting our thoughts?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by bunker
What are you talking about?
I'm wondering too
Old 05-13-2005, 01:36 PM

Sorry guys. I guess you missed the news and I should have been specific.

There was a fairly significant gun incident at Scott and 72nd with another chap dead. The whole intersection was closed from 1.00 AM last night until (they said) about noon today.

Almost 100 killed in Indo-Canadian gang violence in the last 10 years

Don't get me wrong, there is violence everywhere all the time. Candidly in many regards I feel safer in Canada then I did in the UK.

Last edited by 97TA-WS6-Con; 05-13-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:47 PM

There was a fairly significant gun incident at Scott and 72nd with another chap dead. The whole intersection was closed from 1.00 AM last night until (they said) about noon today.

Don't get me wrong, there is violence everywhere all the time. Candidly in many regards I feel safer in Canada then I did in the UK.
depends where in the UK and where in BC.... in tsawwassen (where i, unfortunately live), yes, you couldn't be safer... a bunch of old ppl and punk 15 yr old white kids... in surry? no, i'd rather go back to england (hampshire... nice place, safe too (if ur my size))...
i have many friends at UBC who are of indian or pakistani heritage, and they are all nice ppl... but, how i wish we could just randomly deport (eventhough they are canadian citizens, you know what i mean) all the gang members... that goes for indo-canadian gangs, asian gangs.... and the infamous wigger gangs... (there was a sotry i heard years ago, when i first got here, that a bunch of rich tsawwassen white kids, who thought they were black, started a 'gang'... well they went to richmond to 'start something' and got severly beaten down.... ahhhh tsawwassen kids )
Old 05-13-2005, 01:49 PM

here's the link story
Old 05-13-2005, 02:02 PM

I lived on the Isle of Wight which was great and went to Portsmouth for school. I left the UK when I was 18. But in the UK there are gangs and hoodlums that congregate around music styles and football teams and the threat of random street assault was often in the air. Remember the Mods / Rocker battles? Skin heads? punks? Of course there were the city riots in the early 80's.

There were tuimes as a youngster in the UK that I was fearfull of crossing the wrong people altough I only once was assaulted for no reason.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:45 PM

I lived on the Isle of Wight which was great and went to Portsmouth for school. I left the UK when I was 18. But in the UK there are gangs and hoodlums that congregate around music styles and football teams and the threat of random street assault was often in the air. Remember the Mods / Rocker battles? Skin heads? punks? Of course there were the city riots in the early 80's.

There were tuimes as a youngster in the UK that I was fearfull of crossing the wrong people altough I only once was assaulted for no reason.
hmmm, not to far from me then (basingstoke...)
i guess i'd say football hooliganism is a part of british life, and the whole mods vs. rockers thing, well, again something i just accepted and something which never bothered me...

either way, BC, GBR, pretty safe places to live (if u have some money... some places of london, and up north etc. aren't so safe)
Old 05-13-2005, 07:31 PM

i almost got into that crap, lucky i just peeked thru the door and didnt step in.

its gonna happen and nothing is gonna stop it really kids are out of control and they all want to be ballers. so they do whatever it takes to make money. people in our culture also turn a blind eye, and violence is second nature.

what will it take i dont know. parents have no control here. back in the homeland disapline was done by beating the kids senseless. here they cant do that, their hands are tied by the government, so in turn they really dont have the parenting skills of western culture.

maybe it will take three or four generations. but if isnt the east indians then its the asians. a while back they were the ones shooting each other up.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:29 PM

Ever since Bindy Johal got shot-up, I personally never even looked in this direction. I really didn’t know how big of a problem we've got in the Indo-Canadian community. You’ve got good guys/girls gettin’ into this lifestyle, and for what? Money, power, oh, and I guess respect – what a waste! Why live this lifestyle that’s got you taking more shorts, than getting props? Man, I agree with a bunch of you guys, this is getting way out of control. Back home parents had total control over their kids, so no f---kin’ way would kids be gettin’ out of control or they’d know what’s comin’ to them. I’m so sick of this, “baller-status”, in my eyes you ain’t sh*t! Until you man the f—k up, and work for what you want; instead of taking the easy road, and did I forget to mention - ever dog has his day! I personally have more respect for folks that work in the farm fields that get paid next to nothing than some of these punks that be pushin’ hot bills. What I don’t understand is how parents, especially in our community, with all the good-stuff we’ve learned from generation to generation, turn a blind eye to what their kids are doing. I mean really think about this for a second, can you honestly believe that the parents didn’t know what their kids were into? I mean, c’mon now! You cannot, and I repeat cannot say you didn’t know? Nobody is that smooth, and if they were than they wouldn’t be makin’ the news headlines.
So bloody frustrated
Old 05-14-2005, 12:52 AM

Very sad to hear, however it looks bad lots of people die because of work related conditions, heck people die of stress related crap at work too and electricians etc.. even AME's get sucked into turbine engines. Its a job in the end, however doing in in public is kinda sad
Old 05-14-2005, 12:55 AM

LOL, job related eh
Old 05-14-2005, 03:01 AM

Let these MTV posers kill each other off who gives a **** . . . . the real scarry people arent the ones that run off there mouths on TV or cruise around surrey in the escalade on 24's. These idiots waste there entire lives trying to be tough guys , so lame.

The Asian gangs and the HA are way better organized imo and there smart enough to stay the hell off the news. I think theres going to be a war with the HA and that biker gang thats trying to expand into BC soon .

Quick Reply: To Johnny et al.