Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

I wonder how some manufacturers say in business (re: Pacesetter)!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:58 PM

I wonder how some manufacturers say in business (re: Pacesetter)!

It is simply amazing... this is my rant. Don't listen if you don't want. Only if you are bored.

First, let me say that the quality of the headers is fine from what I've seen, and they should produce as good of numbers as any. Which is good for the price.

However, I now know why they are so cheap. They hire moronic monkeys to run their business so they can cut their overhead and production costs.

First, they sent me uncoated rather than coated headers (you've all heard this). Thats a definite "bee with an itch".

Now I'm looking at the set up, and after asking a few other guys with Pacesetters, I notice that they screwed up my y-pipe too! It's a two section piece that is supposed to slip together, one inside the other. However, whoever made my y-pipe made the pipe diameters precisely the same size. Hence it is impossible to slip the passenger's side section into the other half of the pipe! It seems I am the only one who has had this problem... Blah!

Then of course, customer service is pathetic (like most US shops... very few exceptions). They are supposed to be sending me a RA Form for the initial screw up, but in their "wise" judgement, I believe they are sending the form to the US office I had the headers sent to, and not to my actual home address. So, I'll have to drive to the US and pay the receiving company there just for a scrap of paper. Naturally, when I call Pacesetter to sort this out (and tell the DON'T send it to the US address!), everyone who can handle the problem is away till next week (though they could have returned my phone calls a few days ago, when they were around and I left messages for them...), leaving me hanging. No one can even confirm if my "supposed" advance replacement headers have shipped out yet, or if the RA form has even gone out. Hell, they didn't even know what a y-pipe was.

The only thing I could get from the guy (in between his chewing of the apple he was obviously eating) was that I should try again next week.

That's all I have to say.

(PS: I'm sure I will be the only person to have this screw up, so if you are still looking to save money on headers, this is still the best bang for the buck.)
Old 08-08-2003, 01:05 PM

man thats rought chris
i hope it will get sorted out soon
Old 08-08-2003, 01:09 PM

That is horrible, sorry to hear about your problems, hopefully they resolve your problems faster and better then they have attempted to so far.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:11 PM

that truely sucks man ..

but i guess thats why one would pay $1200 USD for a set of FLPs Vs whatever u paid for the pacesetters ... part of the price u pay is customer service i suppose
Old 08-08-2003, 01:26 PM

Yep. Sideways, you are right. That's the risk you take. But, if it saves me $600 US, then wtf!?! Why not.

As long as I can blow off steam with you guys, I don't mind the hassles.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:49 PM

Maybe they intended for you to use a coupler on the y-pipe, but it got lost on the way to the coating shop that they forgot to send the headers to??

MORONS!

I am sure you will get this all sorted out Chris. I am wondering what it cost to bring those across the border? And where did you get them shipped?
Old 08-08-2003, 02:02 PM

That is brutal . I hope things get sorted out for you soon!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:43 PM

Maybe try talking to the guy who does the sponsor posts on ls1.com . He seems to respond quickly and straigten out problems . Your not the only person who has been shipped the wrong crap from these guys , but they seem to come through in the end . . . atleast when its public . Post it
Old 08-08-2003, 02:47 PM

aww man sorry to hear that....hope it all works out
Old 08-08-2003, 06:36 PM

yea i would post it in the thread man cause this is bs.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:27 PM

Contact the boss of the place. He will get it sorted out I bet.
When lackeys are screwing you up just go over their heads. Not only does it get you what you want (and sometimes more) it gets them yelled at too .
CoryM
Old 08-09-2003, 01:37 PM

The boss (owner) is a bit of a joke too. I spoke with him recently and he's not much better.

But, what can you expect for headers half the price of the competition. I'm willing to put up with a few hassles IF the results are there. We'll see.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:26 PM

Hey chris , did you weigh your new headers ?? Just curious to see how much weight they add or remove in comparisson to the cast manifolds .
Old 08-10-2003, 01:14 PM

Just a thought, you could take the Y-pipe to a local muffler shop and have the 1 piece expanded to fit over the other piece. It is a simple operation. Or you could purchase you own expander. Its very easy to do.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:43 PM

My y-pipe does not even fit and they want me to take the time to send it to them so they can check it, but that will cost a crap load in shipping costs and the way it sounds everyone else is having fitment probs with their y pipes. I think I will just take mine back to summit and thake the money to have a custom one made.

Quick Reply: I wonder how some manufacturers say in business (re: Pacesetter)!