Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Ground Control Gp

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:13 PM

Ground Control Gp

Post if your interested . Price will be 350 usd plus shipping . list is 419 usd .

taxes are extra .payment is via money order or certified check . When we have 10 orders and ALL funds are in the orders will ship .

twitch@telus.net to reserve your spot Please dont reserve a spot unless you are serious .

Thanks

Now who's your daddy

Last edited by Tw!tchb!tch; 01-13-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:05 PM

damn u, u need to get some old school stuff
Old 01-12-2004, 08:07 PM

What is Ground Control?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:26 PM

are we talking our taxes? so like convert it to canadian and then add taxes or what? how much is shipping?
Old 01-13-2004, 12:55 AM

Andy , ground control = corners

Check out there site ground-control.com . They carry some insane suspension stuff , way more than just coil overs .

are we talking our taxes? so like convert it to canadian and then add taxes or what? how much is shipping?
Yup , convert and add the tax .Theres an up front flat shipping fee ( usually around 20 $ ) and a ballance paid at the door . These are american made and duty free .
Old 01-13-2004, 12:58 AM

Nate , tell me what your after and Ill see what I can do
Old 01-13-2004, 12:59 AM

how hard is it to actually adjust them and stuff? like to find out where they work the best or whatever? ie: im a dumbass so how would i know what would be a good setting

and how good would it work with the stock shocks cause i don't have enough cash for new shocks

Last edited by mr_muff; 01-13-2004 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:13 AM

wow...nice stuff! I'd love to be able to buy some of their products, but I have a few other things that I need first

Twitch (and others), My girlfriend's, sister's Boyfriend (I know, a mouth full) is one of the guys in charge of the sports car club that rents out Mission for their road race circuit. They also go to Seattle and Portland. He's really turned me on to this kind of stuff and I plan to attend some of their events this summer. It seems that some people on the site are going all out with their road racing set-ups, so I hope some of you guys can join me this summer for a few corners I'm not sure how well those 4.30 gears are going to perform on the back straight though

Andy
Old 01-13-2004, 01:22 AM

They will work with stock shocks but I recomend doing the shocks first . More of a handling improvement and ground control is shock spacific . Here are the 93 up fbody part number / shock combos .

2510.01 ( stock and bilstein )
2510.02 ( koni )
2510.03 (Kyb )
2510.04 (kyb and agx )

So if you buy the Gc's for stock shocks it limits your choice down the line .

For adjustment , they use a threaded collar and a spanner wrench .
(front) You take the weight off the car , loosen off the colar with an allen key fitting and use the spanner wrench to spin them up or down .
On the rears you jack the car up so the rear stays down and just losen the allen key bolt and spin them by hand . The backs take about 15 minutes to do both sides . The fronts twice that .You dont have to remove the tires , just turn them outwards . . . . I got my head stuck between the tire and the fender really good once
Old 01-13-2004, 01:26 AM

Twitch (and others), My girlfriend's, sister's Boyfriend (I know, a mouth full) is one of the guys in charge of the sports car club that rents out Mission for their road race circuit. They also go to Seattle and Portland. He's really turned me on to this kind of stuff and I plan to attend some of their events this summer. It seems that some people on the site are going all out with their road racing set-ups, so I hope some of you guys can join me this summer for a few corners I'm not sure how well those 4.30 gears are going to perform on the back straight though

Andy
HELL YEAH !! How much is this going to cost ?? Will our helmets work from the drag strip ??
Old 01-13-2004, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by slowchevy
bump

hi
Old 01-13-2004, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by Tw!tchb!tch
HELL YEAH !! How much is this going to cost ?? Will our helmets work from the drag strip ??
Check out the driving school at Sports Car Club of BC

The helmet must be Snell SA2000 or newer this year. Motorcycle "SM" helmets are not allowed for auto racing. A Bell Magnum IV open face (must wear some sort of eye protection too) costs about $325 including taxes at Jager's Safety Equipment.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 PM

This is the club = http://www.performancedriversclub.org/home.asp
Old 01-13-2004, 02:49 PM

id be ALL over these events

looking at the galleries u dont seem to need a road racing cage (which would be the deal breaker for me) to participate ...

can u dig up all the safety requirements for these events ?

who wants to go on a GP on 345 30 18 R1 rubber ?
Old 01-13-2004, 04:09 PM

I still don't understand what exactly this GP is offering ....is it JUST the front and rear coil over set-up?

Payam: The safety requirement is pretty slack. Depending on your skill, your requirements will change. You and I would be in the first time group and therefore I think it is limited to your car passing tech and anyother things that Mission Street-legal nights require for a 13.99 sec car

This is the guy I know: http://www.performancedriversclub.or...p?articleID=15

Last edited by oldschool; 01-13-2004 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Ground Control Gp