CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Pacific (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/)
-   -   further change in plans !!! (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/further-change-plans-189754/)

SBainsTA 11-05-2003 03:47 PM

I got the perfect car for ya. And it's Turbo and get's awesome mileage.
How about a 96+ TDI Diesel Golf or Jetta? IMHO they are great cars to kick around in.
90hp that can be boosted to over a hundred for free!!! A couple of adjustments is all that is needed.

talos 11-05-2003 03:53 PM

just get an SRT-4, will last u a lifetime, nicely powered day driver... and soon enough u will get ur debts payed off and be spanking all sorts of lt1s and what not with it. :cool:

BPS 11-05-2003 04:09 PM

Originally posted by sideways_Into_3rd
a stock Z would be way too boring .. i couldnt handle knowing i have a LT1 and it doesnt go mid 11s

theres noway i can drive a Z in stock form .. i'll just go nuts

Ok - keep the blower - downmod the balance to near stock,set the rev limiter at a reasonable level so nothing goes boom and you have a low 12/hi 11 sleeper, also get winter tires. Pull the cage to keep y a off the track:D

oldschool 11-05-2003 04:11 PM

Keep the Camaro as a STOCK daily driver....maybe the cold air and exhaust but that is it.

Also, I can give you the 2 WS6 wheels I have towards some of your parts that I want. Atleast that way you can have some 17's and only have to find 2 more wheels (cheap)

Andy

NiteRider 11-05-2003 05:58 PM

Originally posted by sideways_Into_3rd
a stock Z would be way too boring .. i couldnt handle knowing i have a LT1 and it doesnt go mid 11s

if i have a turbo 4 banger my expecations will be much lowered .. and of cousre i'll get AWD and more luxury

theres noway i can drive a Z in stock form .. i'll just go nuts

You sure about that? Whens the last time you drove a stock Z, that smooooooth feeling. ;)

Ken S 11-05-2003 06:43 PM

I also vote for bring the Z back to stock, or to the points its a reliably street car.. Take the money you saved and pay your debts off faster, and get that dream vette..

Else drive something cheap and reliable.. An A4 is not cheap(relative), and its sorta reliable. Its not the best on gas either if you drive it hard.

The Watcher 11-05-2003 08:25 PM

my brother drives a 98 passat 1.8t (same as the A4 but lighter), it is chipped to 215 hp from the stock 160ish.
they are nice cars but they have some issues (motor, suspension). but a totally different ride than a stock camaro. my suggestion is try to drive a A4 and see if you like it. they are pretty weak up until 3000 rpm.
ps if you are thinking of buying one of those because you wont be tempted to mod it your wrong.
there are people who have those motors putting out 300whp as reliable daily drivers.
and mods for those cars are expensive.
my brothers chip was $600us but it made a world of difference

Drumhawk 11-06-2003 01:24 AM

I can't believe what I'm hearing from your mouth. You'd get an Audi Quattro. :shock: I don't even like my buddy's 02 Audi A4. :yuck: A WRX is fast with there supercharged motor but a little out of your range. You could get a C5 for that price. These guys want you to keep the Z stock and I do understand how boring it would be for you. But in the 15-20 grand price range you could pick-up a nice 4th gen. Very street worthy and modable. I vote to throw you off the board if you get an Audi. :p

sideways_Into_3rd 11-06-2003 01:27 AM

a mod worthy 4th gen ?? buddy u must be on crak ...

if i wanted a modded 4th gen why would i part mine out and sell it

vote all u want drumhawk ... ur votes dont count ;)

its a temporary car ..

ahh what does it matter .. who gives a f*ck .. i dont need to explain myself .. u guys say what u want

Aaron_01 11-06-2003 01:38 AM

I would say get a GNX but you said you wanted an AWD 4cyl, either way those things are killer. Lots of them on EBay

Drumhawk 11-06-2003 01:51 AM

Not on crak here. I know you have a 4th gen but it sounds like you are tired of it. Pick-up a newer 4th gen like a 99-00 SS camaro. You could get one in your price range, pay off your debts and then start modding the SS when you have cash later. In the meantime you'll have one sweet ride. :thumb:

sideways_Into_3rd 11-06-2003 01:55 AM

i'll have a LS1 powered vehicle in the near future .... this A4 is just to get my mind out of modding for a while ...

if i buy an LS1 now . i'll start modding it right away and wont be able to pay any debts off

i'll leave the A4 stock other than a nitrous kit probably ...

i'll buy a proper LS1 car when i have enough money .. and when they come down in price a bit after their generation 6 model comes out

JD30thZ28 11-06-2003 02:07 AM

Your new plan is good and look at this way, when you get into a sports car again you will always have a nice winter car :thumb:

Drumhawk 11-06-2003 02:12 AM

Just put your car in someone else's name, go bankrupt and then your debts will be gone. Unfortunately so will your credit. :shame:

93TAWicked1 11-06-2003 02:38 AM

Sorry to anyone who owns one but VW's and Audi's are pieces of crap..... Don't get me wrong they are cool cars, drive nice, good power, look good. But they are pieces of crap. They are always in the shop, crap breaks that should not and the dealer is just like thats common. They sell some parts in twos because one might be crap out of the box. MAF are on hella BACKORDER why???? Because they are crap and constantly need to be replaced. I know the Audi TT came from the factory with some sort of flywheel problem....how does that happen??

So now that I'm done ranting anybody wanna buy my low mile 00 Jetta FULLY loaded :)

Plus Audi's have always had CRAP resale because of quality contol that 20K car is worth like 6K in 4 years......

Anyway my vote would be a WRX I've seen nice ones go for 18K US...

Or cheaper car a 95 OBDI 325is find one with 50K miles or less for well in your price range. Good cars....bad sensors....

Its funny I've owned ALOT of cars and unless you want a boring honda accord GM really makes some damn good cars for the money. My 93 got the crap beat out of it and it NEVER broke down (except for the auto tranny but that wasn't its fault :)

I'd get the beemer or how bout a Typhoon there is one down the street from my house 73K miles for 10K US. I'm buying a Typhoon for a winter beater next year :)

I'll shut up now....damn I'm such a post whore:D