Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Finally installed my Koni's

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 11:52 PM

Finally installed my Koni's

WOW what a pain that was. This is the first "REAL" mod that I have installed on my car. My headers and loudmouth were installed for me and the little mods were really nothing, so I have a very good sence of acomplishment doing it myslef. Me and my pops spent all weekend installing Koni SA, Eibach prokit, Spohn LCA and Spohn Adj PHR. Took our time and did it right but ran into snags. My amp box in back was a bitch to get apart to get to the top of the rear shocks and very time cosuming. On the front the nut on top of the coilover was so rusted on driver side we had to drill it out. The swaybar end links were RUSTED and seized to sh_t along with the bushings being toast, so we got new ones for $10 a side. Sorry for the long post I'm just excited to do this and the car looks so much better lowered. Handles great too. Got a appointment at BC Shock and Strut on Sat. mornin for the front alignment and relo brackets to be welded in.
I have had these parts(except springs) for 4-5 months now sitting on my floor and it's about time I got them on.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:03 AM

gonna need some pics their son...

Old 06-09-2004, 12:04 AM

Re: Finally installed my Koni's

Originally posted by NorthernSS
On the front the nut on top of the coilover was so rusted on driver side we had to drill it out.
Good job

The drivers side top nut is always rusted to ****. Mine was rusted when it was almost new . . . . water gets all trapped in there me thinks .
Old 06-09-2004, 01:05 AM

Well I can get pics but got no place to host them.
I want to say thanks Twitch for all the help you gave me a couple of months ago as it was your opinions and help that persuaded me to go with the Koni's. I really did appreciate it. I wish we could have done the ground control but I am still happy. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:40 AM

Right on man!! I got everything officially put in on friday along with my alignment. I am very pleased with how much better the car handles. I can feel the road so much better now.

What did you set the Konis at?
Old 06-09-2004, 04:23 AM

Nice job there, it would be cool to see how the car looks
with all that done. That is the next step for me as soon
as I get my headers in. Maybe if I'm in the area I might
stop in to take a look.

Cheers...
Old 06-09-2004, 10:02 AM

Thanks guys.
KOAS- I set the shocks to soft all around as a starting point. When I talked to Koni they said to start from there and see how I like it and make adjustment from my expieriences at soft. I think it nice and stiff there but I might try it a little harder after they alignment. It actually feels really good soft and handles great.
O-zone- It looks so much better now lowered. I heard that after a week or two it should drop a tiny bit more when the springs "settle" a bit more but I could be wrong. I live in Delta, so if your ever around stop by. I should be out Saturday night at Guildford then JH if your going to be there.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by NorthernSS
Well I can get pics but got no place to host them.
I want to say thanks Twitch for all the help you gave me a couple of months ago as it was your opinions and help that persuaded me to go with the Koni's. I really did appreciate it. I wish we could have done the ground control but I am still happy. Thanks.
Im glad I could help. I think youll love the konis for there versitility . . . . you could always do a GC kit down the road.

How big are your pics ?? email me some and Ill host them 4 you . . . . .

slperformance@telus.net

Dave
Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 AM

Im heading out to work right now so I'll get some and email them to you around 6-7 tonight. OK? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:49 PM

Kewl ,

I need an alignment too Ive dicked with my ride height to much since the last one. . . . . I just hate arguing with people over what I think the specs should be and what they think they should be . . . . . "well it says here in the book"
Old 06-09-2004, 07:24 PM

I SOOOOO have to get some adjustable shocks...
Old 06-09-2004, 08:56 PM

I think that is the reason that I stayed away from the GC in the first place. I thought I would be adjusting way to much or set it and leave it. Waste of $ on the GC.
ChriSS my Koni's were $1085 AFTER tax at Mopac. It's expensive but it feels great. The pro-kit was $300 AFTER tax at Nation Tire Wholesale. That's a great price.
I'll send you some pics in a bit Twitch.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:10 PM

thats awsome man cant wait to see them... i got my sportlines on order i cant wait
Old 06-10-2004, 12:08 AM

Twitch you got mail! Im kinda tarded with the camera so I have know idea how big they are or what size their supposed to be. Sorry if they are wrong I just aint that smart
Old 06-10-2004, 10:36 AM

Pics look great !! Das teh sexy car !!

Quick Reply: Finally installed my Koni's