Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Crashed brand new blazer, airbags didn't deploy

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 08:23 PM

Crashed brand new blazer, airbags didn't deploy

So my dad buys a brand new blazer off the lot .. and my roommate ends up getting into a head on collision at 50 km/hr .. he t boned a protoge who ran his stop sign into the middle of broadway, so the other guy is at fault 100%. now the funny part is that the airbags never deployed in the blazer !!

One of my friends had a similar situation happen to him in a honda, and honda gave him a brand new accord to shut him up as far as lawsuites go .. and he took the bait .. now im thinking .. they will most likely not write off my dad's truck ... however I want a way to get out of this pos truck and get him into something a bit nicer .. you guys think it would be possible to compain to GM and threaten them with a lawsuite to get a nicer truck ? or is it not even worth pursuing ...
Old 07-28-2005, 09:56 PM

Re: Crashed brand new blazer, airbags didn't deploy

well, how much damage is there? was it really hard enough to deploy the airbags... i had a front end collision in my car, $7500 worth of damage, but no airbags, and there was no way the airbags should have gone off...

having said that, if airbags should have deployed, 1st, make sure you have PLENTY of witnesses who say that the accident was one in which they would expect airbags to be deployed, and then go to a lawyer... this amounts to negligence (sp?) on their part, and being that, they're in real deep $hit if you/your room mate got injured, so i'm sure they'd cough up to shut you up.

make sure you get a top dollar lawyer, don't jew around on this one, there could be a nice shiney Denali in your father's future
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 PM

It depends. Did the chickens have large talons?

Uh, I mean, was the collision hard enough that they should've deployed? If you make a big deal about **** then they will listen, but GM dealers (like dueck and stuff) work on high volume and don't give a **** about their customers so they might tell you to **** off. Be ready to fight it.
Who was it that taped lemons to his car and parked it outside the stealership? Was that a BMW @ Burrard or something?
You gotta raise your voice to get **** done.
I went to schedual my car in for maintenance.
They told me next thursday, I said not good enough. They said first thing tomorrow morning.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:15 AM

considering the other car is completely totalled, bent in half and if they had anyone in the passenger side theyd be seriously injured .. and the truck was going at least 50 km / hr .. the air bags SHOULD HAVE DEFINITELY been deployed ... once this ICBC thing settles i'll look into talkint to a lawyer
Old 07-29-2005, 01:01 AM

If your going the lawsuit route, you should not be posting this stuff on a public forum. Im sure your lawyer will agree, just a heads up