Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

This Coming Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 07:25 PM

This Coming Weekend

Hey guys, Sechelt is hosting an eighth mile drag at the Airport this Sunday. The event actually starts Friday nite with a road tour. The neet thing about the 1/8th mile drag is that you do not need a roll cage or a lot of other safety equipment that MRP demands.

Friday night is the sleepy hollow rod run which is one of the most talked about rod runs in the western hemisphere, it is unbeleivable. It literally is a moving car show with likely close to 500 cars. It starts in Sechelt and carries onto Halfmoon Bay and back, which is about 15k. Spectaters line the highway and back roads the entire way. Saturday is the car show where they close down the entire town and fill it with the most unbeleivable custom rods you can emagine, and Sunday are the drag races. Same as always, 1/8 mile of a howling good time.

You guys might all be legal, but as for me, I haven't been able to race at a track for years. I refuse to install a roll bar or cage, five point harness, etc etc. I only care to go to the track once or twice a year, the rest of the time I like terrorizing the streets, hehehe!

Be there or be else where.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:35 PM

Re: This Coming Weekend

Love to. Can't. Damm relitives(that I haven't seen in ten years) are getting married and I'm forced to go

How come all the fun happens when I'm nowhere near the lower mainland
Old 08-03-2004, 08:13 PM

I planned on going to this but I thought that it was in the middle of Aug and decided I couldn't good (family reunion).

If its this weekend I might go...

Andy
Old 08-03-2004, 08:22 PM

If it was closer Id go it sounds awsome. . . .ferries scare me . . .along with airplanes , loud noises and chicks with big long toes

Speaking of racing your daughter owes me a rematch . ..
Old 08-03-2004, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tw!tchb!tch
And me!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by oldschool
If its this weekend I might go...
What part about the caption do you not understand?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:24 PM

If it was closer Id go it sounds awsome. . . .ferries scare me . . .along with airplanes , loud noises and chicks with big long toes

K, Dave, .....it is only a 45 minute drive from Horseshoe Bay. You can do this. Take the ferry and close your eyes. Then take a little drive.

And oh, my daughter has extremely long toes. I spoke to her about your challenge and she believes that your clutch was slipping that night so if you have that rectified, there is no use in racing again, cause you would waste her.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Elgyn
And me!!!!!!
K, sorry, I forgot your name, is it Chris?
Anyways, She said, “Has he made his car a ‘Mad Maxx’ yet?
I said, “I have no idea”.
She says, “I have watched the movie and now I know what he is talking about”.
And, “Yes, I want to talk to him about other things other than racing, but yes, I want to race him again. The last time I red lighted then I came to a complete stop then he went screaming past me so I booted it again then a truck was coming across the one mile intersection so I was wondering if he saw it but I decided to let off for like 3 seconds,......then I heard he was still on the throttle so I booted it again and , yeah, he won, but..........”( At this time I turned off my internal listening device better known as selective hearing which I have fine tuned after 28 years of marriage).
So, in conclusion, my guess is that you are on. Time and place to be determined.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by TyphoonZR
K, Dave, .....it is only a 45 minute drive from Horseshoe Bay. You can do this. Take the ferry and close your eyes. Then take a little drive.

And oh, my daughter has extremely long toes. I spoke to her about your challenge and she believes that your clutch was slipping that night so if you have that rectified, there is no use in racing again, cause you would waste her.
Yuck and bah no fun . . .

I will however get this next race on camera . . . so If chris loses I have black mail material fo life . . . muhahaa
Old 08-04-2004, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by TyphoonZR
K, sorry, I forgot your name, is it Chris?
Anyways, She said, “Has he made his car a ‘Mad Maxx’ yet?
Time and place to be determined.
ya that's it

No it no finished yet $32000 into the project, $15000 to go. The body body needs a more work and I can decide wheather to go with the NASCAR block or the hybrid(windsor/cleavland)block. With the internals that I have now it good for +520hp n/a at about 7500rpm (flywheel). I need it to be at least +600hp and 8000rpm(flywheel) for open road racing.

The time will be when I get back from Kelowna.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 AM

I will however get this next race on camera . . . so If chris loses I have black mail material fo life . . . muhahaa
I hate you