Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Bumblebee has landed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Bumblebee has landed.

The trucking company said they would deliver it to Blaine between 12 and 2.00 today. I got to the drop off point at 11.30.

No word from them by 1.00 so I called...."gonna be another 90 mins. "

Yikes....cutting it a little close...the US export office closes at 3.30.

At 2.50 they call to say could I meet them at the truck border crossing...*sigh*...yes I can but its about two miles away and I have to walk.

I walk / jog (in my dress shoes) to the border crossing. Cell phone almost dead.

"where tf r u?"

"We are at the truck stop".

F* thats a mile and half away.

RUN there and pick it up and drive away at 3.24.

Arrive at the US border parking area....(with another guy buying a Harley) and RUN to the US export office as they are literally shutting the gate.

"3.30 ....Please.....????!!!!"

"Sure see me around the side". Looks at my paperwork.

"V8?.....Cool car. Good for you". (You know how customs and immigration CAN be and 70% of the time US guys are a PITA but this guy was great. Generally the CDN guards I find pretty good and friendly).

So I make it. Short line up at the CDN crossing but after a 2 mile drive the tank is STONE EMPTY. I just pray I can make it to the gas station a mile on the other side of the CDN border.

"Anything to declare?"

"ummmm....YES......THIS".

"Great car. That is nice. Have not seen many of those"

Into the customs. No line up. Process the paperwork with them in about 5 mins. Pay tax. They then direct me straight to the RIV office (there are two in Canada). Toronto and the truck crossing in Blaine.

Go over there....They process "Form 1", take my $204, process it online and tell me that Monday or Tuesday I'll get and email with a case number and that I use that to book my inspection with CDN Tire.

On the road home at 4.05.

Painless......

At the gas station I approach the pump and at the same time a yellow H2 comes toward me...nose to nose....We both get out to and I suggest to the lady that we swap sports...it would be easier to pump the gas...she agrees.

As I get out another lady at the neigbouring pump says....."Thank God...I thought we were going to have a Transformers battle."

:thumbup::sm0:

So thats that.

Now I have to cement my modifications plans, order the parts and get the car to Davenport in Calgary....Hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 PM

So car is now back from engine mods in Calgary.....

running 591 RWHP and over 500 lbs starting at 2000 rpms.

Its a good thing
Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM

havn't checked the site in quite awhile... the move to iceland sorta had us busy

but congrats on the car!! glad you finally got one, especially after the last one fell through!

And davenport is great. Steve is a good guy and they really do a ton of high HP cars.

I had alot of fun @ davenport back in the late 90's when I lived in calgary... Met Steve @ racecity and helped setup their dyno (computer side of things). Was great fun having multiple runs on it with my 95Z to ensure the dyno was running right

He was also very eager and quick to hand over keys to any of the shop cars. Drove a number of them @ the track, etc...

but where are the pics of the car? And what exactly did davenport do??
Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 PM

wow shaun, thats sweet, bump for pics!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 PM

I had the Davenport 670 package. Blower, cams, headers, CAI and exhaust. Chrome blower. The car is back in the hsop getting some exterior and interior works done. Picture to follow
Old 09-02-2010, 12:45 PM

got the car back yet??